Can We Talk about Taylor?

ll74

Your Best Friend
It continues to amaze me how triggered the right is by her.

As a person who grew up around music, I'm impressed by her understanding and mastery of the craft. (From a perspective of many pop stars who fake it)

And yet, the right seems to be bothered by her presence.

Didn't they stop watching football because of some guy who took a knee?

1000003609.jpg

Last edited:

As a person who grew up around music, I'm impressed by her understanding and mastery of the craft.

View attachment 2309269
I haven't heard anything from right wingers, per se. But the bro podcasters cannot handle that by any & every metric you use, she is ostensibly, irrefutabley, more wealthy & successful than Travis Kelce. I love watching them try to do the math😁

I’m not very familiar with her music but recognize that no one achieves her level of fame without being extremely talented. She’s obviously a superb business woman and drop dead gorgeous.

If she’s overtly political and draws the ire of conservatives, I haven’t picked up on that. I do know a lot of Chiefs haters that can’t stand her and Travis Kelsey. Championship teams tend to draw out envy. I admire her and the Chiefs, although I’m hoping to see the Ravens beat them this weekend though.

I’m not very familiar with her music but recognize that no one achieves her level of fame without being extremely talented. She’s obviously a superb business woman and drop dead gorgeous.

If she’s overtly political and draws the ire of conservatives, I haven’t picked up on that. I do know a lot of Chiefs haters that can’t stand her and Travis Kelsey. Championship teams tend to draw out envy. I admire her and the Chiefs, although I’m hoping to see the Ravens beat them this weekend though
That's one of the longest non answers I've heard in a while. Well done 👍

Marsha Blackburn is who she is referring to.

Last edited:
If she’s overtly political and draws the ire of conservatives, I haven’t picked up on that.

Then you shouldn't be taking part in this conversation. It's common knowledge.

Yet another example of you Deplorables insisting on posting in discussions you're ill-equipped to comment on. 🙂

I respect her a lot. She stood up for her beliefs even if it costs her money or fans.

That's integrity and it is rare to see it from anyone these days.
I respect that she was subjected to the same "cancel fest" that the right wing hit Bud Light with.
And she laughed it off.
She exposed how petty, pissy and petulant Wingnut Nation was.

The reason Swift draws the ire of republican influencers and talking heads is her push to get her fans to get out and vote. The more voters the more often democrats are likely to win.. Secondly its generally thought young voters will vote for more liberal issues: student loan forgiveness, pell grants, transgender rights, reproductive rights, health care reform a large portion of the uninsured populace is of the younger age bracket (early to late 20s). Those issues are not on the conservative platform.

On top of that the perception is “liberalism” is about trying new things to make society better, whereas “conservatism” is about preserving things as they are, or going back to the way it was in the past. Conservative policy is more motivated by fear and liberal thought is more motivated by optimism. Young people as a group tend to be more optimistic, believing they can change the world for the better. They are more adventurous and less fearful.

While what I’ve said maybe stereotypical many believe it and if it is believed that’s reality for politics. Politics isn’t about real reality it what you can make people believe. If republicans believe youth are more liberal they will certainly vilify anyone who urges the young to get out and vote. Forget the fact most of her fans are 30-40 and boomers. Like I said in politics reality doesn't matter.

Plus there is the fact she’s not a fan of Trump maybe she and Pink should do a duet just to fuck with the Trumpers

Last edited:
I suppose BabyBoobs never "picked up on" the ire The Chicks (formerly The Dixie Chicks) drew from conservatives either…

🙄

👉 BabyBoobs 🤣

🇺🇸

Bingo. If there's one thing the right is terrified of, it's more young women voting.
Its the numbers that terrify them, right wing reaches maybe 10 million a day, Swift reaches 100 million a day. Also while she was silent on politics the right claimed her as their own, afterall she is a white, Christian, from Tennessee who sang country music so they assumed she was one of them I can understand why.

But in 2018 when Marsha Blackburn ran for a senate seat in Tennessee, Swift on instagram during the midterms wrote a rare political statement on Instagram to denounce Blackburn, saying her voting record “appalls and terrifies me” and endorsing Democratic candidates Phil Bredesen and Jim Cooper while encouraging the Swifties to make their voices heard and vote. The effect on voter registration was remarkable: Vote.org reported a huge spike of 65,000 newly registered voters in the first 24 hours after the singer’s Oct. 7 post., according to Billboard.

In her 2020 Netflix documentary Miss Americana, a tearful Swift is seen criticizing Blackburn’s policies and how she treats marginalized people, even calling her “Trump in a wig.”

So why is the right obsessed with Swift because they take her present political activism as a betrayal. They thought she was one of them then calls out one of their own a, "Trump in a wig." Ya gotta love her..

Last edited:

As a person who grew up around music, I'm impressed by her understanding and mastery of the craft. (From a perspective of many pop stars who fake it)

View attachment 2309269
Who is triggered and who on the right is triggered?

Its the numbers that terrify them, right wing reaches maybe 10 million a day, Swift reaches 100 million a day. Also while is was silent on politics the right claimed her as their own, afterall she is a white, Christian, from Tennessee who sang country music so they assumed she was one of them I can understand why.

But in 2018 when Marsha Blackburn ran for a senate seat in Tennessee, Swift on instagram during the midterms wrote a rare political statement on Instagram to denounce Blackburn, saying her voting record “appalls and terrifies me” and endorsing Democratic candidates Phil Bredesen and Jim Cooper while encouraging the Swifties to make their voices heard and vote. The effect on voter registration was remarkable: Vote.org reported a huge spike of 65,000 newly registered voters in the first 24 hours after the singer’s Oct. 7 post., according to Billboard.

In her 2020 Netflix documentary Miss Americana, a tearful Swift is seen criticizing Blackburn’s policies and how she treats marginalized people, even calling her “Trump in a wig.”

So why is the right obsessed with Swift because they take her present political activism as a betrayal. They thought she was one of them then calls out one of their own a, "Trump in a wig." Ya gotta love her..
Blackburn won

Back