Wow, That Was Fast!

gordo12

Experienced
Dropped my first story in over a year last night after 11 pm. Already approved & up for posting tonight. I must have a Gold Star next to my name!

And, of course, I'm committing author suicide with LW. 😁😂 I took a shot at the trolls in the opening comments, so I'm not expecting much!

Are stories getting approved that quickly nowadays?

My last two submissions got through the queue much faster than I expected too. And before, your pending stories would get a future date on them, meaning they were approved and would be posted on that date. This time, I wnt to bed with them just pending, and woke up to a couple thousand reads on one of them.

One of those was my first foray into LW as well. What I saw was, the rating right off the bat was something like 3.9, and already with some scathing comments. Then over the course of the day, it jumped will into the 4s, and after two days above 4.4. And the comments were a lot more mixed, with some really positive ones.

I suspect the haters there are watching the queue like a hawk and shoot their loads early, then the more normal readers jump in.

Dropped my first story in over a year last night after 11 pm. Already approved & up for posting tonight. I must have a Gold Star next to my name!

And, of course, I'm committing author suicide with LW. 😁😂 I took a shot at the trolls in the opening comments, so I'm not expecting much!

I don't know if Laurel has got new software, but my most recent story took thirteen hours (!) to advance from submission to publication. I've never seen anything like it; my last story took nearly two weeks.

I don't know if Laurel has got new software, but my most recent story took thirteen hours (!) to advance from submission to publication. I've never seen anything like it; my last story took nearly two weeks.
Yeah, I was up around 5 this morning after dropping it after 11 last night. I only checked because I come in looking for new comments and was astonished to see it up for posting. That was like 7 hours! Best I've done before was around 3 days, (contests not included) so it was a shock!

Sometimes they post fast. The less reviewing a story needs, the faster it might post.

ah, poking sticks at LW can be fun! :D they get so... enraged.

I suspect the haters there are watching the queue like a hawk and shoot their loads early, then the more normal readers jump in.
Yep, lovely 1 vote right out the gate. It's pathetic really that people waste their lives doing that. Hell, whoever it was couldn't have even read it.

Yep, lovely 1 vote right out the gate. It's pathetic really that people waste their lives doing that. Hell, whoever it was couldn't have even read it.
i disable voting. that really winds some of 'em up to mouth-faming levels. :D

and then, after copying comments for later amusement, i delete 'em and disable that function, too.

i've had email death threats before.

grr, much gnashing of teeth, etc. :D

I used to think that I was being targeted early in the morning on LW, but I’ve talked to various different LW writers who specialize in various subgenres, and we’re all getting hit. I’m pretty sure now that it’s not the type of stories that any of us write, but the fact that we’re writing LW stories AT ALL, i.e., someone’s targeting the whole category.

I used to think that I was being targeted early in the morning on LW, but I’ve talked to various different LW writers who specialize in various subgenres, and we’re all getting hit. I’m pretty sure now that it’s not the type of stories that any of us write, but the fact that we’re writing LW stories AT ALL, i.e., someone’s targeting the whole category.
I checked this morning before the update went through. Numerous stories were still showing 1* as their vote total. It's been consistent for a long time even though I've submitted stories that were closer to romance with no sex at all. If it's in LW it's a target. Authors have been complaining about it for years.

I disabled voting once and then enabled it after a couple of days. I can't say if the story would have done better with the early voting but I sure felt better about it.

It's not just LW. I've seen early 1 bombs on many of my stories the morning that it posts. I think some people just go through vote low on anything on the new list that catches their attention.

I'm seeing some of my old stories get knocked as well. A few sudden drops in average rating. And the other new story I submitted at the same time as my LW story has dropped a lot, more than just a few threes and fours would do.

I doubt I'm on the list by name that you are, but I wonder if the LW hate is metastasizing.

OTOH, the LW story has held out, helped by a couple of back-end purges, and is just shy of the hot tag.

Back