Why can I not view my chat posts on my android phone?

CO_guy

Virgin
I am abke to log into chat a read others posts. But whem I writesomething on my a droid phone it doesnt show up in the chat stream, either in a room or in a private chat thread.

The mobile version can be quirky, if you switch out of the page to do something else it could be timing you out.

I had something like that happen the other night...someone said it happens sometimes when you are on another page from the chat and the banner showed up again? It seemed to be fine when I logged out and back in though. I was on a computer is that the same thing?

It does happen with desktop computers Penny, but it's not as prevalent.

Thank you Quip. I was worried it was something with my connection. Some times its less than perfect.

if you are on a cellphone/tablet and you move off the chat for any reason (another browser window, another app.. anything) - the chat will time you out - sometimes it will completely boot you from the site - other times it will do a quasi-kick - which still shows you the chat/stream - but you will "technically" be disconnected and as such can not post anything. It will let you type all you want, but nothing will show up - when that happens you effectively have to reload/start the chat.

So the short of it is... if you are using a non-pc device - do not go off the chat and dont let it sit idle for more than 2 mins cause it will kick you.

Back