What's unique or different about your style?

Dickens--giving me a run for my rank-amateur style, but not quite beating me to the crown šŸ˜‚

Ok, I'm just being a jerk now, but this one is too amusing
I cracked open Thomas Pynchon Mason Dixon randomly to the middle (start of chapter 34), and found this on the third page I looked at.
"This hurt them more," smiles a certain Oily Leon, fingering his Frizzen and Flint.

What is it about your style that sets you apart from others? The bit that makes your followers come back for more, and recognise you in each new story?
I quote a couple of my readers:

"Full-blooded filth and thought-provoking social comment. Just terrific." (NaughtyAnnie)
"No one mixes low brow and high brow as well as you do." (CuriousAnnie)

(I seem to appeal to people called Annie. Any more out there? ;))

I'm not sure I'd term it a "style", but what lead me to write my own stories is that I found most stories (and games) in my particular area of interest (CD/TG) to brush away the thought processes of the main character and the reactions of other characters very quickly.

For instance, reading a forced fem story where an heterosexual man is forced to crossdress and have sex with another man (or more), the reluctance of the main character tends to be very brief, quickly ceding to acceptance or even enthusiasm. This can be fine as a deliberate choice, but often it just seems to be there to get to the sex quicker, and to get more sex scenes in.
Which is also fine, but personally, I need that more realistic (in my opnion) inner turmoil to keep suspending my disbelief. It's the same with the reactions of other characters to events happening to the main character.

So, I write my own stories to fulfill that niche. In fact, my first submission (part I of Fateful Kiss) had no sex at all.

Iā€™m not sure I know enough about writing styles to respond with confidence. What I want to believe though are comments like these, which have been both encouraging (well, Iā€™m cherry-picking the encouraging ones) and relatively consistent:
- ā€ā€¦loved the style: dry, accurate, with just enough details for the reader to imagine the whole sceneā€¦ā€
- ā€œā€¦written in perfect, staccato phrasing ... building the tension and taking me completely by surpriseā€¦ā€
- ā€œā€¦it's like having a conversation with you, a very hot, cock-hardeningly erotic conversation. There's an intimacy in your accounting and a clear love of the memories you bless us with.ā€
- ā€œYou have that natural talent of teasing which is such an important part of sexā€¦ā€

What Iā€™m trying to do - what Iā€™m striving for - is to convey tension and emotions, using as few words as possible.
Not successfully really since when I reread my stories, I see so much that could have been left unsaid.

Back