What Did Joe Biden Do With 7.5 Billion For EV Chargers?

No problem. Subsidies to the EV industry were being presented as analogous to oil industry subsidies. I questioned that. I don’t think the analogy holds up. I have also commented on the state of the EV market relative to ICE vehicles.
EV subsidies is Biden’s Solyndra on steroids.

Cool, so China manufactured a fleet of EVs that basically made their initial rollout untenable.

Probably should read what you post and do a bit of research first before thinking this supports an argument you're making.

This time, the cars were likely deserted after the ride-hailing companies that owned them failed, or because they were about to become obsolete as automakers rolled out EV after EV with better features and longer driving ranges. They’re a striking representation of the excess and waste that can happen when capital floods into a burgeoning industry, and perhaps also an odd monument to the seismic progress in electric transportation over the last few years.

And yet their EV market is hitting records still
https://www.statista.com/outlook/mmo/electric-vehicles/china
In 2023, the projected revenue in China's Electric Vehicles market is expected to reach a staggering US$292.1bn.

This forecast indicates a promising future for the industry.

Furthermore, it is anticipated that the market will experience a steady annual growth rate of 6.38% from 2023 to 2028, resulting in a projected market volume of US$398.0bn by the end of that period. The increasing demand for Electric Vehicles market will contribute to this expansion.

EVs also piling up in China by the thousands.
At face value, are those EVs for the China market?

Vietnam is trying to break into the US market with Vinfast, but a lot of cars are stuck in port. The reason being they’re used to doing things their way and the cars aren’t in US compliance when shipped and have to be retrofitted before being released which isn’t at all easy. They plan to build a factory in the US if they can survive.

Seriously - read your fucking articles before thinking it supports your argument One automaker is being beat by a hot market.

This comes as China grapples with a slowing economy and persisting pessimism in the consumer market. Xpeng faces strong competition from other Chinese EV makers such as Li Auto, BYD and Nio, as well as foreign players like Tesla. EV prices in the country are plunging, while companies like Tesla have offered discounts on their vehicles to encourage more sales.

Cool, so China manufactured a fleet of EVs that basically made their initial rollout untenable.

Probably should read what you post and do a bit of research first before thinking this supports an argument you're making.

And yet their EV market is hitting records still
https://www.statista.com/outlook/mmo/electric-vehicles/china
I can’t argue that point. Fair enough. China’s market cap on EVs is expanding.

Global competition and competitive tariffs could dampen China’s growth. I guess we’ll see where it goes.

I can’t argue that point. Fair enough. China’s market cap on EVs is expanding.

Global competition and competitive tariffs could dampen China’s growth. I guess we’ll see where it goes.
Lol..the global EV market is growing. American EV makers are thriving.

https://www.zap-map.com/ev-stats/ev-market

The sales of plug-in and hybrid vehicles in the UK are currently at 20% market share. Most of that is fleet (run by managers who know their business), the private sales market is much more conservative and averse to change.

In a couple of years time all those fleet vehicles will be lined up on the used-car lots and people will be buying them.

Back