Trouble logging in

RelentlessOnanism

Really Experienced
In the last week or so, I’ve struggled to stay logged in. I'll come to the forum and need to login, even though I haven't logged out. It happens pretty much every time I come here. Even once I login it still looks like I’m logged out. Sometimes if I click on a particular section, I’ll then find myself logged in. But not every time.

each time I try "erotic chat" it says "cant open, try again". Whats happening? As I locked out?

RelentlessOnanism if you are useing a wireless connection there does seem to be a problem with it logging off or dropping most likely due to the higher level of packet loss in a wireless connection Basically wireless connections are not as stable and it can cause you to lose connection for a phone or a wireless laptop or tablet connection.​

encore769 you are banned and if you want to find out why you can pm and I will tell you.​

In the last week or so, I’ve struggled to stay logged in. I'll come to the forum and need to login, even though I haven't logged out. It happens pretty much every time I come here. Even once I login it still looks like I’m logged out. Sometimes if I click on a particular section, I’ll then find myself logged in. But not every time.
Workaround: Try clearing your browser cache completely of all data from all times and then login again. This seems to work for some people.

I have an iPad. How do you clear the cache on an iPad?
Safari: Settings - Safari -- scroll all the way down -- Clear History and Website Data

Brave: Open browser -- click on the 3 dots at top-right corner -- Settings -- Brave Shields & Privacy -- scroll down to CLEAR PRIVATE DATA -- select what you want to clear (I check all of them) - click on Clear Data Now -- select Yes, Delete

Firefox: Open browser -- click on the 3 horizontal lines to the right of the address/URL bar -- Settings -- scroll down to PRIVACY -- Data Management -- select what you want to clear (usually everything) -- click Clear Private Data -- OK

DuckDuckGo: Open browser -- 3 dots next to the address/URL bar -- Settings -- PRIVACY & SECURITY -- AUtomatically Clear Data -- set it to On -- restart browser

Last edited:
Clearing my cache did seem to help, but I’m right back to it taking me a while to be able to login. I have to click around to a variety of different pages until suddenly I’m logged in. This makes things a bit difficult for me when I just have a few minutes to check for reports, but I spend all of the little free time I have trying to login. :(

Facing the same problem often but not always. Also need to login to the forum a second time when already logged into chat....sort of frustrating TBH.

I've found that I need to first visit this forum in order for the login to take effect. Then I can go to any other forum and everything works just fine.

Edited to add that I use Firefox for my browser so this may not work for everyone.

Problem is reoccurring quite frequently right now. Click on a link to the forum and I’m logged out. Ecen clicking on Log In doesn’t seem to work every time.

A workaround if you’re having the same issue as me, is to click into a thread/post (such as this one.). Probably 7 out of 10 times when I go to the forum, I have to do this.

Something isn’t configured properly. This workaround should not be necessary, but for now, for some of us, it is.

Details: (no need for anyone to reply with tips. I’m describing my symptom for clarity since no one else has, at least in this thread. Possibly some people have a different problem.) I have forum.Literotica.com as a bookmark. I use the duckduckgo browser on an apple phone. It is set to not erase all cookies on close. When I go to the forum on reopening the browser, it often takes me to the forum home that looks like I’m not logged in. (Prominently a few lines from the top is the login link.). Once I click into an actual forum posting thread, then the forum behaves as if I’m logged in for the duration of the time I keep the browser open. So everything goes work eventually. Again, something is incorrectly set up at lit. This workaround shouldn’t be needed

@Manu - xenforo has a support forum. I’m just sayin….

Last edited:
A workaround if you’re having the same issue as me, is to click into a thread/post (such as this one.). Probably 7 out of 10 times when I go to the forum, I have to do this.

Something isn’t configured properly. This workaround should not be necessary, but for now, for some of us, it is.

Details: (no need for anyone to reply with tips. I’m describing my symptom for clarity since no one else has, at least in this thread. Possibly some people have a different problem.) I have forum.Literotica.com as a bookmark. I use the duckduckgo browser on an apple phone. It is set to not erase all cookies on close. When I go to the forum on reopening the browser, it often takes me to the forum home that looks like I’m not logged in. (Prominently a few lines from the top is the login link.). Once I click into an actual forum posting thread, then the forum behaves as if I’m logged in for the duration of the time I keep the browser open. So everything goes work eventually. Again, something is incorrectly set up at lit. This workaround shouldn’t be needed

@Manu - xenforo has a support forum. I’m just sayin….
That workaround has mostly worked for me up till the last couple of days. Yesterday I clicked on various different sub-sections and just couldn’t log in at all.

After logging in, I have to click around all over the place--sometimes seven or eight times--always seeing Log In as if I have not already done so--before Lit finally shows my avatar. Sometimes I just give up and try later. Pretty buggy Lit is.

And it's not on my end. This happens on my PC using Firefox and Edge and on my Android tablet and phone.

Edit: Might have found the cause, I noticed not being logged into the forum after a while, and the xf_session cookie for domain forum.literotica.com was missing, which was restored after opening this topic.

---

The problem could be in CSS or scripts on the site.
I use Pale Moon with uMatrix extension for added security and noticed I was seemingly not logged into the forum while being logged into the main site.
uMatrix was set up to allow everything (cookies, CSS, images, scripts, etcetera) for this site, but when I changed it to only enable the elements that are indicated to be in use, it showed me as logged in.
(and still is so far)

There might be a bug somewhere which isn't always parsed correctly by a browser.

It's with this browser that I also now see a possible bug in the category selection field and an invisible language field on the story upload page, which I hadn't seen previously in Firefox.

Last edited:
Edit: Might have found the cause, I noticed not being logged into the forum after a while, and the xf_session cookie for domain forum.literotica.com was missing, which was restored after opening this topic.

---

The problem could be in CSS or scripts on the site.
I use Pale Moon with uMatrix extension for added security and noticed I was seemingly not logged into the forum while being logged into the main site.
uMatrix was set up to allow everything (cookies, CSS, images, scripts, etcetera) for this site, but when I changed it to only enable the elements that are indicated to be in use, it showed me as logged in.
(and still is so far)

There might be a bug somewhere which isn't always parsed correctly by a browser.

It's with this browser that I also now see a possible bug in the category selection field and an invisible language field on the story upload page, which I hadn't seen previously in Firefox.
Nice work. It’s definitely something like that, probably also related to whatever/however they connect the story site to the xenforo site for logging in both places.

I had taken a glance at the xenforo forums, a few people (that’s for webmasters, not user forum participants) had similar sounding problems whose root cause (in those cases) were xenforo add-ons too.

I’ll add that there are people with slightly different symptoms too; in my case for example once I go actually into a thread, I won’t lose the “lit knows I’m logged in”, whereas closing then reopening the browser will recreate the issue right away

Back