The magnificent rock music parody thread

AlwaysHungry

Literotica Guru
Geezers like me may listen to rock music, but it will always be the music of teenage rage, lust and angst. Fortunately, to keep things in perspective, there is a wealth of wonderful parodies out there. I'd like to share a few of my favorites.

When I first heard this one on "Radio Free Madison" in 1975, I dropped what I was doing and wept tears of joy: "Stairway to Gilligan", by Little Roger and the Goosebumps.

This next one is more contemporary, by the talented musical comedian/impressionist Jimmy Fallon. It is a spectacularly successful musical setting of the theme from the PBS children's series, "Reading Rainbow".

Frank Zappa managed to relentlessly mock the hippy movement, and still enjoy modest success as a pop star. Here is his parody of "Hey Joe", on the album which featured his parody of the album cover of "Sergeant Pepper's." It's called "Flower Punk".

Fallon's a genius.

Yes -- and such attention to detail. The musicans are dressed like the original Doors, playing the same instruments and even faithfully re-creating stylistic nuances of the original players. Fallon is wearing the same outfit that Jim Morrison wore on the Ed Sullivan Show.

Not a parody but very funny mis-heard lyrics by Peter Kay.

The bit about 'The hot dogs go on' ............ I started that!! On a local BBC Radio station the presenter was asking people to text in misheard lyrics and I sent in that one and he went wild for it. Kept playing it over and over. It obviously got passed on and voila ........ somebody is getting paid for an act from my idea!

Back