The Boy and the Puppet

VerbalAbuse

Really Really Experienced
I want to write an entirely non erotic story about a boy and a puppet. The puppet is a Pinocchio like figure.

It should be a short story.

The boy is driven by his desire to have a friend -- and he thinks he has found one in the puppet.
The puppet thinks he cannot feel or think, because he's made entirely out of wood. He has no heart or brain, hence he can't. He'll often complain how he cannot think a single thought. He wishes to have feelings and thoughts. He accepts to be the boy's friend, but generally remains cool, a bit aloof -- because he "can't feel".

I'm not good with inventing stories. I'm more into developing characters and exploring situations.

I think the two should go on a quest or something, during which they get closer and have some insights into what they are and want.

Any ideas for what the quest should be?
Or anybody willing to bounce ideas in a private conversation?

I wrote a story about a girl and her Barbie doll. One day the doll starts talking to her and giving her sex tips. She doesn't understand how the doll can be talking, but Barbie explains that she isn't, it's really just the girl's own subconscious. But the girl is kind of simple and doesn't understand, so they just go with it. The adventures they have are all sex related.

Back