The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub and All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive. All are welcome!

I subscribe to a recipe/food thingie which spams my inbox with recipes. I was looking at email and thinking about supper and saw this simple tomato-n-pasta thing, so I opened it, modified it a bit in my head, and then made it.

1 pound of angel hair
2 28oz cans of diced tomatoes. I'm changing brands and had some store brand cans to use. Fresh is better.
2-3 tablespoons of mixed garlic - I use the jar shit - it's already minced and it gets 'er dunn
1 diced small onion - didn't call for it, but I love it.
2 tablespoons olive oil - I probably used closer to 4.

Put the oil in a pan and add heat. put in the garlic (and onion) and cook to clear, not brown. Put the pasta on boil - mine takes 10 minutes. While the pasta boils, open and drain the maters and then add them to the oily onion/garlic and let them simmer. When the pasta is done, drain it but don't rinse it. Put it back in the pot and then add the pan's contents to it and mix it. Let that simmer another 10 minutes or so - I ran it closer to medium and stirred it for 5 minutes and then turned it to low and left it for maybe 10 minutes more. Dish some out on a plate, add some grated cheese, and have at it. Simple and tasty, and single people like me will have leftovers for days.

e/t/a: I also added a bit of salt, some black pepper, a bit of Dash, and about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. That does make a difference.

Last edited:
Hi NB. Watching baseball on this chilly night.
Hey B2 Environment Canada issued this weather advisory for today..
Conditions will be favourable for the development of funnel clouds today.These types of funnel clouds are generated by weak rotation under rapidly growing clouds or weak thunderstorms. This weak rotation is normally not a danger near the ground. However, there is a chance that this rotation could intensify and become a weak landspout tornado.Landspout tornadoes do not usually cause significant damage but can still be dangerous. They can be strong enough to topple trees, damage roofs or toss debris short distances.Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Hey B2 Environment Canada issued this weather advisory for today..
Conditions will be favourable for the development of funnel clouds today.These types of funnel clouds are generated by weak rotation under rapidly growing clouds or weak thunderstorms. This weak rotation is normally not a danger near the ground. However, there is a chance that this rotation could intensify and become a weak landspout tornado.Landspout tornadoes do not usually cause significant damage but can still be dangerous. They can be strong enough to topple trees, damage roofs or toss debris short distances.Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.
Ouch. And thanks

Sure..grab a towel..u can help..I'm all about team players
oops, my bad...
different team... different dream *whistles innocently while heading toward the exit*)

Well crap, I'm gone for 2 days doing good deed and am already several pages behind. Sheesh!
I've been gone just a few hours and been a half dozen pages or more behind! Cool kids are also the fast crowd :ROFLMAO:
The title of this thread is almost a haiku

Fifty plus cafe
Pub and all-night greasy spoon
All are welcome here

🥰
I'm have a feeling that may have been on purpose??
It's a nice place to hang.

Thanks but I'll take a water if you've got it. Gave up alcohol 18 years ago.
🫙🫗🫗🫗🫗🧊🧊🧊
Best I can do - silly emojis

Similar for me. 15 years for 🍷 and a little over 10 for 🍺 🥃

I think that I fancy a cup o' tea.

🍵 🫖 for you

Absolutely

interesting, there is no glass of water emote, I actually find that strange
we've had this discussion before, haven't we?

oops, my bad...
different team... different dream *whistles innocently while heading toward the exit*)

I've been gone just a few hours and been a half dozen pages or more behind! Cool kids are also the fast crowd :ROFLMAO:

I'm have a feeling that may have been on purpose??
It's a nice place to hang.

🫙🫗🫗🫗🫗🧊🧊🧊
Best I can do - silly emojis

Similar for me. 15 years for 🍷 and a little over 10 for 🍺 🥃

🍵 🫖 for you

we've had this discussion before, haven't we?
I'm becoming a fan of the minutes.. keep up the good work L2wU

441424926_26209183392002271_7055198678515928562_n.jpg

I wanted to ride the motorcycle and then it got cold-n-damp, and I didn't get what I wanted. I know, how pathetic is that? It wasn't like I was really expected anyway.

Well, thank you!!! I like approval.

You're my kind of mischief, I think.
No one wants to ride a bike in the cold and damp!

I'm glad I'm someone's kind of mischief! 🤣🤣🤣

Back