Scottish parliament gender law vetoed by Westminster

stickygirl

All the witches
Holyrood, the Scottish parliament has voted to pass a new gender recognition bill into law.
There were disturbances in the sitting, which had attracted both ends of the opinion debate, with some people quoting this as an assault on women's rights. It isn't. It doesn't affect women's rights at all, but simplifies the legal process for trans folk to gain legal recognition.

Trying to gain the necessary medical approval for a GRC can take years and without it, until now in Scotland, it was impossible to change one's birth certificate.

I'm sure similar pearl clutching went on when gay rights were given legal status. The same invective of "gay people are pedophiles" has encouraged similar hysteria and whataboutism with fears for women's safe spaces being under threat... As ever I'd ask 'which safe spaces?'. When changing rooms have cubicles and women's refuges have bedrooms not dormitories what spaces are they talking about? Hopefully the UK govt will not interfere but will sensibly sit back and wait for the panic to blow over. We're talking about 80k trans people in a population of 5.4 million; divide that by the 40% who are MtF trans makes that 32k. Somehow I can't see the impending armageddon of rape and assault the christians and terfs are expecting ( hoping for? ).

I heard about that. Cis politicians in the USA can be really shitty, but I've heard from my friends in the UK that transantagonism is even worse there. It stinks!!!

I am waiting for the day when the Scots finally tell the English to go fuck themselves. Alba gu brath!

I am waiting for the day when the Scots finally tell the English to go fuck themselves. Alba gu brath!
Scotland leaving the Union would be as sensible as the UK leaving the EU. We need to get rid of the fat fuckers in the trough at Westminster

Back