Rejected over reluctance issue!!

Silkmink
I do understand your frustration at having put a lot of work into your story only to have it rejected twice. Unfortunately this happens all the time in the publishing world, at least it has not been returned as 'not publishing quality'.
As a professional screenwriter I guess I would be seriously pissed if somebody messed with any of my creations without my permission and characters in a television series will be subject to international copyright owned by the production company and/or creator.
If you have a good story then it will stand on it's own with characters and a background of your own creation, you should not need to piggy-back on another writers work.

Tell that to the 50 shades of Grey chick.

Dearest sr71plt,

Let me get this clear. I'm being "pissy" because I have an issue with hypocrisy? I'm just about 100% sure that if we met on the street and were just having a conversation and I told you a story of someone or some organization being hypocritical (like, say your average Republican), you would agree that it was fucked up. I'm actually a very reasonable adult woman. I have a good education, an infectious sense of humor and a great job in journalism with one of the largest news organizations in the world. I'm not some dumb kid who thinks my smut stories are on par with Hemingway. It's masturbation material for fuck's sake. I would be completely and totally fine with having someone tell me my stories are shit. It is, after all, subjective.

Let me reiterate; I am not irritated because Literotica rejected my story but because the reason for their rejection implies hypocrisy. Incidentally, I have since been told that because there are several different moderators there can be discrepancies. And it's true that going back over thousands of stories to see if they comply with all the rules would be ludicrous if not impossible. That said, I find it hard to believe that hypocrisy doesn't bother you. Hell, even hypocrites hate hypocrisy. (And I'm not implying that you are a hypocrite.)

By the way, it may (but probably not) interest you to know that most experts on body language agree that the words one uses constitute a miniscule amount of insight into the actual intent of their message. Unless you can see a person's body and face as well as hear their tone, you are only getting a fraction of the true meaning. You have no idea about what my true tone was in writing my initial post or my subsequent replies. I should have perhaps used emoticons. In summation, your perception of me and the tone of my message is, in effect, as important to me as it would be from someone with Asperger's disease. Try not to assess too much based on the written word.

Kind regards from a seriously not pissed off person.

I'm a dumb kid who thinks his wank fodder is good, I wrote fanfiction in the noncon category, and it wasn't rejected. Haha.

I think silkmink's issues have received enough attention. If the thread is become 'free speech' bickering, I'm moving it to GB.

pure.
mod

You've just become my least favorite mod...

I think silkmink's issues have received enough attention. If the thread is become 'free speech' bickering, I'm moving it to GB.

pure.
mod

Thanks, dickhead. Like we don't have enough of our own shit to have you drop whiny bitch ass threads here.

further note on this thread.

If silkmink wants to discuss a rejection by Lit and its grounds and any alleged unfairness, the GB is the perfect place for it.

The SDC mainly focuses on detailed critiques of selected stories, secondarily on writerly issues. Issues involved in writing a 'reluctance' story have long since become marginal in this thread.

pure,

moderator SDC

If silkmink wants to discuss a rejection by Lit and its grounds and any alleged unfairness, the GB is the perfect place for it.

The SDC mainly focuses on detailed critiques of selected stories, secondarily on writerly issues. Issues involved in writing a 'reluctance' story have long since become marginal in this thread.

pure,

moderator SDC

oh do fuck off, you pretentious twat.

Suck our collective knob, you flaming stinkbug piece of shit-sniffing duckfuckery. We don't need anymore whiny story shit on the GB. This is not your jurisdiction.

pure,

moderator SDC

Oh look, "pure" has lost control over yet another discussion and punted a thread to the General Board so the all-important "credibility" doesn't suffer.

There's a reason the other mods laugh at you behind your back, pure.

Derp.

so this is the regular ''posters aren't doing what i tell them too!!1'' tantrum?

pure,

moderator SDC

Wouldn't the AH be a better place for this? After all, writers do occasionally stop by there.

Back