Questions concerning a misspelling and how to fix it.

4102ser

Virgin
Hello. I'm a fairly new author to Literotica and my most recent story has a misspelling in the title. I looked for a way to try and fix it, I know some of the advice is in the FAQ, but I'm hoping for more help here to see if I'm doing this right.

When I looked online I first came across a forum post that said if you submit a story with the same title as one you want to delete or edit you add 'DELETE' or 'EDIT' to the title and a moderator or something changes it. I want to delete my story since I wanted future chapters to be listed in order with it. I resubmitted the story with 'DELETE' in the title and right now it says it's waiting for moderator approval. I'm hoping the story is deleted and I can try to resubmit it, along with some changes besides the misspelling, in the future.

Is this the correct course of action? Like I said I'm new so I'm still learning how things work here. If you have any advice on what I need to do please let me know. Thank you for your help.

ATTENTION: I was able to successfully remove my story. Issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
Try to PM Laurel, that's what I did when I misspelled a word in the title.

PMs are in the upper right hand corner. Laurel is the person you want to PM.

Do you want to edit the title and leave the story up, or do you want it deleted pending further changes and future resubmission?

I could use an answer to that question as well. If there was an easy way I could re-title my "Hot Tub" series to put them in the proper chronological order without tampering with scores and comments, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Do you want to edit the title and leave the story up, or do you want it deleted pending further changes and future resubmission?
Is there an option to editing the title? If there is I would gladly take it. I did already PM Laurel though, so however I edit my existing works please let me know. I can't find an option to do so from my author portal where you submit stories.

Is there an option to editing the title? If there is I would gladly take it. I did already PM Laurel though, so however I edit my existing works please let me know. I can't find an option to do so from my author portal where you submit stories.

Basically, you resubmit the entire story with whatever edits are needed. In this you would correct the spelling error in the title, and add a short explanation in the notes field that explains you're editing the title.

If this is to be an ongoing chapter style story, the first chapter is 01, the ones that follow will be "Same Identical Title" - Ch. 02, "Same Identical Chapter" - Ch. 03, etc.

Basically, you resubmit the entire story with whatever edits are needed. In this you would correct the spelling error in the title, and add a short explanation in the notes field that explains you're editing the title.

If this is to be an ongoing chapter style story, the first chapter is 01, the ones that follow will be "Same Identical Title" - Ch. 02, "Same Identical Chapter" - Ch. 03, etc.

So would it work if I changed titles to:

Hot Tub 0: Emily's Summertime Sex Ed (Since this was the story that introduced the character)
Hot Tub 1: Hot Tub Service Girl
Hot Tub 2: Whipped Cream
Hot Tub 3: Forbidden Fruit

...and so on?

If you are going to have more than 9 chapters, you will need to us 01, 02, 03, etc. otherwise you will have a problem when you do chapter 10.

So would it work if I changed titles to:

Hot Tub 0: Emily's Summertime Sex Ed (Since this was the story that introduced the character)
Hot Tub 1: Hot Tub Service Girl
Hot Tub 2: Whipped Cream
Hot Tub 3: Forbidden Fruit

...and so on?

If you are going to have more than 9 chapters, you will need to us 01, 02, 03, etc. otherwise you will have a problem when you do chapter 10.

Yes, if you have more than 9 chapters and don't include the leading 0 they won't sort correctly as the sort is an alphabetic sort not numeric.

And if you don't add the leading 0, which I have done, Laurel might add it for you. Maybe.

Another thing to watch out for... you only get 35 characters for the Title. And the first title will have a problem as you are one character over. Although you could shorten it leaving out Summertime.

Back