Quantum leap.

Ukwriter79

Experienced
You are transported into the body of a famous person of the past just prior to a sexual encounter. This idea came to me a little while ago and then I saw recently that a remake Quantum Leap has hit our screens so may be worth exploring as a story. Are there any fairly well documented accounts of serial encounters involving the rich and famous of yesteryear that might make a good story? If you were to find yourself thrown through space and time, who would you want to be/sleep with?

Not the same, but I remember a (French?) story where a guy met his doppelganger on a night train and in the morning found himself with his luggage and him gone with his papers. Reckoning the other (much) more wealthy and his own life small, he accepted the exchange. He had presents for wife, daughter, maid, and who's obviously was a mistress. He made grave mistake to not check and give the first three presents publicly -- they were all sexual. It was the daughter who's first concluded, "you're not dad." So he found himself with four women, mansion in disrepair and three failing businesses. It took two years to get it all more or less in order... just to one day wake up sedated with his old papers.

But the roundabout point is, I would look for situations with known or suspected mistresses or otherwise complex highly involved situations where it's not immediately obvious how and if to proceed and the result may be special of either historical change or that the historically complicated situation was created in such a way, in timeloop paradox manner.

If you were to find yourself thrown through space and time, who would you want to be/sleep with?
Hedy Lamarr

Not only was she a stunning looking lady, she had experiences that were amazing, and yet seemed to have struck the same relationship issues as I have. Her intellect, love of the creative arts, and her own contributions to the creative arts, all mirror my own interests.

To sleep with her would not only feel good physically, but the intellectual conversation in afterglow would be profound. From her knowledge of guns, to electronic wizardry, to her knowledge of the creative arts; it would be wonderful to probe her mind in post-sexual-bliss.

But I would bring a lot to the table... bed really... as well. Since I know in the eve of her life she felt cheated of so much, relationship wise, as well as her patents and inventions... the cell phone being one of them... it would be great to assure her, her contributions to the modern world were immense. What better way to assure her, the world would not be the same without her, in the relaxed state of post-sexual-bliss?

Not the same, but I remember a (French?) story where a guy met his doppelganger on a night train and in the morning found himself with his luggage and him gone with his papers. Reckoning the other (much) more wealthy and his own life small, he accepted the exchange. He had presents for wife, daughter, maid, and who's obviously was a mistress. He made grave mistake to not check and give the first three presents publicly -- they were all sexual. It was the daughter who's first concluded, "you're not dad." So he found himself with four women, mansion in disrepair and three failing businesses. It took two years to get it all more or less in order... just to one day wake up sedated with his old papers.

But the roundabout point is, I would look for situations with known or suspected mistresses or otherwise complex highly involved situations where it's not immediately obvious how and if to proceed and the result may be special of either historical change or that the historically complicated situation was created in such a way, in timeloop paradox manner.
Although I saw this as a fan-fiction storyline, I suppose fictional tales offer plenty to work with and if I write this as a series I'll probably do some fictional. I only have vague memories of watching the original QL but I know he had to adapt quickly to situations. Something along the lines you suggested could make for a good story. Someone thrown into a ménage à trois and having to keep their lovers apart. Thanks.

Hedy Lamarr

Not only was she a stunning looking lady, she had experiences that were amazing, and yet seemed to have struck the same relationship issues as I have. Her intellect, love of the creative arts, and her own contributions to the creative arts, all mirror my own interests.

To sleep with her would not only feel good physically, but the intellectual conversation in afterglow would be profound. From her knowledge of guns, to electronic wizardry, to her knowledge of the creative arts; it would be wonderful to probe her mind in post-sexual-bliss.

But I would bring a lot to the table... bed really... as well. Since I know in the eve of her life she felt cheated of so much, relationship wise, as well as her patents and inventions... the cell phone being one of them... it would be great to assure her, her contributions to the modern world were immense. What better way to assure her, the world would not be the same without her, in the relaxed state of post-sexual-bliss?
I, too, love vamps and flappers and Hedy Lamarr was definitely in my mind along with Clara Bow and a few others. I'll do a little research and see if there's a story there. Thanks.

I, too, love vamps and flappers and Hedy Lamarr was definitely in my mind along with Clara Bow and a few others. I'll do a little research and see if there's a story there. Thanks.
I like the 1930's era too. I am not sure why, but I read a lot from that era, watch old movies from back then, and even have two of houses set up to look like that era. Don't get me wrong, I have modern appliances and all that, I just hide them so it looks like you stepped back in time when you walk in.

There was a lot of challenges in that era, but also a host of new 'technology' as electricity came into greater use, and the humble home really started changing, with cultural differences and greater acceptance on those fronts.

Back