Poetry Blurty

I you wanted to chastise, you could have pm'd me

I don't think a reminder to a grown adult about simple forum etiquette is a chastisement. I moved your post, explained why, and answered your question. Hurt feelings were not my intention.

I don't think a reminder to a grown adult about simple forum etiquette is a chastisement. I moved your post, explained why, and answered your question. Hurt feelings were not my intention.
Again...PM me...I would think a moderator would show that professionalism.

Again...PM me...I would think a moderator would show that professionalism.

You were free to PM me if you felt you'd been slighted in some way, but you chose to address it here. Again, hurt feelings were not my intention, and the professionalism comment is just silly.

You were free to PM me if you felt you'd been slighted in some way, but you chose to address it here. Again, hurt feelings were not my intention, and the professionalism comment is just silly.
True, I could have pm'd you, which is something you can't seem to ackowledge, but I chose to answer at the level of the offence. All it would take is a simple "l'm sorry".

I clicked on this seeing the most recent poster was Grant and thought, “Wow, cool! He must be a poet!” And nope, temper tantrum in the poetry forum. 🤦‍♀️

Signed,
Another immature moderator, I guess

P.S. Lyricalli was super respectful in explaining why your post was moved. Most of us would move a post and give no explanation.

I clicked on this seeing the most recent poster was Grant and thought, “Wow, cool! He must be a poet!” And nope, temper tantrum in the poetry forum. 🤦‍♀️

Signed,
Another immature moderator, I guess

P.S. Lyricalli was super respectful in explaining why your post was moved. Most of us would move a post and give no explanation.
I would have preferred that. Your feeling the need to address this certainly validates your signature.

I just received a hate message from someone trashing my poetry and implying that people don't like me here. I respect the poetry I've read and don't consider myself at the level of the people here. However, I thought it was a wonderful opportunity to express myself. I apologize if I've offended and won't post anymore in the poetry discussions.

I just received a hate message from someone trashing my poetry and implying that people don't like me here. I respect the poetry I've read and don't consider myself at the level of the people here. However, I thought it was a wonderful opportunity to express myself. I apologize if I've offended and won't post anymore in the poetry discussions.

Why allow someone you don't know, who obviously has issues that have nothing to do with you, have that kind of impact on what you choose to do?

Fuck, if I were you, I'd post more. Opinions of hateful douchecanoes don't matter.

Why allow someone you don't know, who obviously has issues that have nothing to do with you, have that kind of impact on what you choose to do?

Fuck, if I were you, I'd post more. Opinions of hateful douchecanoes don't matter.
Lol. Thank you, Lyricalli. I needed that. 😀

Sorry to hear that you had such an experience. Someone would expect that the legal audience on Lit of 18+ people had grown up to a sense of respect and some basic standards of communication. Yep, like @Lyricalli said, don't let it go to your heart and do your thing.

in every world, in every poetry forum, in every place online to publish and receive feedback, there will always always be that odd person who feels they need to do what they did to you.

do not grant them the power. a person like that can be relegated to the ranks of 'just text' and they have no power to cause you any harm. If your work is good, it'll stand on its own. The poetry forum's fairly quiet right now, but it's a very good place to show your work and learn from feedback (you don't have to agree with it but just accept that is how that particular reader views the piece). ALL feedback has value when it is offered in good faith. Trust yourself.

This place is full to the gills with interesting information that can help you if you take time to look around.

keep writing!

@29wordsforsnow @butters @Lyricalli

Thank you all for your encouragement. I will keep moving on.
Feel a little late to this party, I’ve been doing what I normally do, pop in throw out a poem run away before they grab the torches and pitch forks….

That being said I had some bad press when I first started writing and some very good encouragement, the longer you stick at it, read and think the better you will get.

The place is a little run down and not quite as vibrant as it was but stay, scribble some things see where it leads.

Feel a little late to this party, I’ve been doing what I normally do, pop in throw out a poem run away before they grab the torches and pitch forks….

That being said I had some bad press when I first started writing and some very good encouragement, the longer you stick at it, read and think the better you will get.

The place is a little run down and not quite as vibrant as it was but stay, scribble some things see where it leads.
The message I received was strictly a hate message. They said my poetry was as shitty as theirs and that they knew who I was and that nobody liked me here. They have 6k posts to their name so they've been around awhile.

It came to my forum inbox and not feedback on the author's site. There was nothing constructive about.

I appreciate your encouragement. I'll keep writing. I currently have two poems pending.

dumping this here as a blurt that i might pull a poem from... busy dreaming this morning after letting the cat out and before getting up for my day. the nonsense is absurd. so.. not a poem, just a jotting of the memory still remaining... i know there was a whole lot more before and during but the end was definitely the sharon stone scene because that's when H woke me this morning. I repeat (having read through this garbage) this is not intended to be thought of as anything akin to poetry. It does make me wonder if i'd be totally insane if i didn't dream, though :eek:

i thought i'd dream last night
of green-shelled eggs with creamy yolks
but convoluted streams of thought had me
back in london
picking up two brooches for a customer
late to the store—we were just closing up—
things of exquisite form and colour
but—more than that—alive
one emerald, one sapphire
dazzling and slender
flying insects not keen to be handled

the guy didn't have cash
said he wanted to do some deal
we didn't do 'deals'
then i was left to lock both shops
and the guy ended up in a car with me
and a couple of co-workers
a villain of sorts
shady at best

the next i recall
was a plan to make nuggets
for the expected crowd at a tower
from rice, meat and veggies
so it was no great surprise
to be out in the fields
(toto, i know we're not in london any more)
picking wild peppers for the mix
plucking a few of the still succulent
green ones and throwing them
to the waiting hands of small, ragged children

then back at the tower and invasion ensues
all turning 'marvel' with sharon stone the villain
and a tall black woman there to protect us
in a great white and gold cloak
raised up like wings
that flame—intent on destroying the evil blonde
but her powers were no match
in an instant MisEVil transported
all around her to a glowing yellow frame
with a tube train rushing through a station
-it took me moment to understand
when she laughed and said
"it's been a great day!
not only moved an entire country in a blink
but i unleashed a new disease in Africa, too!"

Cat woman made quite an impression. I command the blurty to my hand and it is so. (slurps)

Haters gonna hate, Grant. Remember you are writing for yourself not them/

Last edited:
Back