Note to fans of The Janitor’s Girl (if there are any out there)i

st0rmbringer

Virgin
For those of you who may or may not be interested, “The Janitor's Girl” was a creative writing exercise I was working on a few years ago that was supposed to be a vanilla story with no sex, just action and some unexpected twists and turns. However, as the story poured out of me, a strange "what if" hit me.

What if the beautiful young girl falls in love with her rescuer, but her rescuer happens to be an old man... someone who is her complete opposite... not just physically, but culturally, socially and even economically opposite? Not very likely but strange things have been known to happen in real life... as Mark Twain said, "Truth is stranger than fiction."

So, I decided to explore it, to let the story flow as it would. I added some sappy romance, a sprinkle of adventure, a nasty villain, and even a car chase and a bit of kung fu fighting. Oh, and let's not forget the sex. That flowed out of me in the later chapters. For those who asked me to add specific elements, I'll be straight, I completely disregarded them and followed my instincts... as I always will when it comes to writing. In the future, whether in this story or others, I may use some of your requests or suggestions. We’ll have to wait and see.

Back to the subject... as I dove into Heather and Darnell’s story, I found myself adding more and more romance. I felt the romantic details added more depth to the story, made the characters more interesting and relatable… well, at least in my mind. And why the hell not? It's my story and I can add whatever I want. At the time, I had no intention of sharing it with anyone.

I’ve been reading stories on literotica since the early 2000s but didn’t register on the site until 2011. Over the past few weeks, I decided to rewrite kmaf’s “Jennifer’s Vacation,” to continue the story with another chapter and to post them to see what kind of reaction they’d receive. It wasn’t overwhelmingly positive, but it wasn’t bad. Some people seemed to really like them, some were lukewarm and some, based on the sinking star rating average, didn’t think very highly of them at all. Still, I was bit by the worm. Maybe I get a sense of affirmation when I receive positive input? Or maybe it feeds my ego to know people actually like my work? I know I enjoy reading people’s reactions to my stuff… so there’s that too.

Back to “The Janitor’s Girl,” I know it ended kind of suddenly in part 8. It looks like there’s a little interest in keeping it going, but not much. To be honest, I was expecting a bigger response. I thought it'd get a bunch of comments. However, the star rating has sunk steadily, and it looks like the story won’t have the “hot” designation much longer. What this means is Heather and Darnell’s story may be over for now. We'll see how things go.

Back