N/A

Hi and welcome to the poetry forum. We'll read your stuff here: we love poetry. I read a bunch of your poems, your "highku," some limericks, tanka and sonnets as well as a few free verse offerings. I enjoyed them. You have a great sense of humor, a flair with rhyme and erotica, and you know how to pack an unexpected punch in a poem. I hope you stick around and write here with us. ❤️

I think the sonnets are really good. Also Take Me Public and Take Me Private.

ditto about reading them here on the forum. bring them for comment, enjoyment and (if you're seeking it) critique. welcome to the PoBo!

Well that was kind of pointless. Anybody know how to delete threads?
The story/poetry submission side of Lit is separate from the forum side of Lit. There are some that post to both, of course. In my many (so, so many) years online, something I've noticed is that if you want people to engage with you, you generally have to engage with them. Your post invited people to read your poetry, but did you take the time to read anyone else's poetry and comment? I understand that you're a self-described luddite, but taking the time to post links makes it so that others don't have to do any work to read your submissions. You seem to be expecting more from others than you're willing to do.

Not getting the number of responses you were hoping for doesn't make you a loser. If you'd taken just a few moments to peruse the forum you were wanting attention from, you'd have noticed that we are a small, slow-moving forum. We are not good for advertising the submissions section. We are a discussion and feedback forum. You've been invited, and you are still welcome, to post your poetry in this forum, to use it for its intended purpose.

It was an experiment and it failed. Thank you for explaining in detail how I failed, but my question was simply how to take it down.

I quit writing poetry on the Publication side because the readership is so low, and because the voting totals are so low that the ratings are vulnerable to manipulation. I don't see anything to indicate that there's a better audience over here. I might as well reduce the clutter and delete my thread, except I haven't found out yet how to do that.
just wow...

so you thought you'd boost your readership by direct advertising here to other writers without bothering to offer anything in return? sure, some may have the time and inclination, but you were offered the best help in the most polite manner possible which you then brush off.

as far as i'm aware, the only way you can delete your own threads is if they've had no replies in which case a delete option becomes available on edit. Once there are replies, you can't, and admin aren't likely to be bothered taking the time to do so either. I'll go look for the link for you but it's there somewhere.

this is the closest i could find but it's mentioning 'posts' rather than threads, but i think the information i offered to begin with is right: from the FAQs 'Forum'. You're welcome.

• If you decide to have your Close Your Literotica Account, we will do our best to remove your posts before removing the account, but please be aware that once you’ve posted in the forum, those posts become part of the public internet and they may be quoted in any number of places. You have the ability to edit posts - deleting text and removing any attachments - on your own. The administrators will not delete your posts just because you changed your mind about what you said. You can edit your own posts as you see fit. Please do not contact us about removing your posts.

Last edited:
Back