Literotica Dark Mode BETA, Please Share Your Feedback

Manu

Just A Test Title OK
One of the most requested features on Literotica recently has been Dark Mode.

We're very happy to announce that - with lots of help and input from Lit members - we're rolling out a BETA version of Dark Mode to celebrate the New Year. :D

Please see this story for information about how to turn Dark Mode on:
Literotica Dark Mode BETA Now Available

Now we need your feedback to improve the Dark Mode feature!

Please let us know about any unreadable text, flashing pages, pages that should be dark but aren't, suggestions to make things more readable, etc.

Dark Mode and Gray Mode only work on the New Literotica pages, including all BETA pages, the Tags Portal, Lit Search, Volunteer Editors, and Lit Chat (soon) for now. We plan to launch more pages in the new design in 2021 (including the Lit Forum), so dark mode should eventually be available for the entire site.

Thank you and Happy New Year 2021!! :D

don't care for it

maybe it's my eyes but it was harder for me to read than the existing format.

maybe it's my eyes but it was harder for me to read than the existing format.

Do you use dark mode on other sites?

Many people prefer reading black text on white backgrounds, but we've had increasing requests for dark mode from people who read in the dark and want a less bright background.

Detect Automatically?

Manu,

What's the intended purpose of "Detect Automatically"? I just get the black text on white background. Tried it on my phone (iPhone) and Mac.

I like it

The font size and colors are easier on the eyes. I like the ability to grab the next section in a multi chapter story. The rating is easier with the larger size and location so I do not inadvertently click on a 1 when I was intending on rating 4. Ability to change ratings would be nice.

Keep up the improvements!!

Dark mode

I think I will like it hoping it will be easier on my eyes reading a longer story.

Yeah, why fix the problem with most threads and comments here - the inability to edit the forum profile.

I am unable to log onto my member page. I’ve tried emailing support, messaging Manu and Laurel and even have a thread and no responses. I can’t log on to see/answer comments or post stories. Irritated that its bee going on almost a month and no reply or fix. I can login here so its obviously not a password problem.

I really like Beta for the fonts. Those of us with poor vision who read on a phone kiss your boots. Reader View never worked well -- you have to go out of it to change pages, and then when you go back into Reader View, as often as not you get tossed back to the page you just left. Beta's expanded font has no problem this way. Good stuff.

Do you use dark mode on other sites?

Many people prefer reading black text on white backgrounds, but we've had increasing requests for dark mode from people who read in the dark and want a less bright background.

Yes, if the site offers them I use them, so much easier on the eyes. Hopefully, you will have a dark mode for all parts of the site.

How do you set a permanent preference as a registered user?

It says you can, but I can't see a way to in options.

Ditto, Detect Automatically doesn't seem to do anything for me. I could imagine it maybe automatically switching between white mode and dark mode based on time of day.

What happened to the app

I just recently got a new phone and I went to go look for the lit app and it's now where to be found. It used to be on the homepage but I've been unable to find it. I really hope that it's available, because it made reading lit on my phone much better. I was able to put on dark mode and read without having a white screen blasting my face while husband is trying to sleep

Love dark mode, the wife is really sensitive to light in the bedroom so the dark mode really helps keep down the light pollution. Keep up the good work, a larger font size than 4 would be appreciated as well!

Does forums have it? Wish we could have it on lobby as well as stories. Thank you all for this

We're very happy to announce that - with lots of help and input from Lit members - we're rolling out a BETA version of Dark Mode to celebrate the New Year. :D

Please see this story for information about how to turn Dark Mode on:
Literotica Dark Mode BETA Now Available

Now we need your feedback to improve the Dark Mode feature!

Please let us know about any unreadable text, flashing pages, pages that should be dark but aren't, suggestions to make things more readable, etc.

Dark Mode and Gray Mode only work on the New Literotica pages, including all BETA pages, the Tags Portal, Lit Search, Volunteer Editors, and Lit Chat (soon) for now. We plan to launch more pages in the new design in 2021 (including the Lit Forum), so dark mode should eventually be available for the entire site.

Thank you and Happy New Year 2021!! :D
I think it's awesome 👍

Prefer Dark Mode. Use Blackle as a search engine for that reason and my desktop background (no phote) is black. Easier on the eyes for us night owls.

Don't ever loose the darkside! Great for reading and great for phone batteries if one uses a phone

Your Dark Mode option is extremely helpful. Many of us use dark mode for ‘everything’ on our mobile devices, and you providing the ability to detect automatically is (in my mind) a necessary and appreciated feature.

It would be helpful in the future to also include dark mode on Author pages (especially the Biography and Stories/Poems tabs) as well as the Member pages (like ‘My Home’, ‘Favorites’, and ‘Following’).

Personally, I would want to allow the user to set (in a single place) that they want Dark Mode for “all” Literotica pages. I noticed that when I go to the Literotica.com main website, it is already showing Dark Mode (because my mobile device display settings are set to Dark Mode for ‘everything’ on the mobile device).

Thanks.

Back