just another gop-er who doesn't think the laws apply to them

butters

High on a Hill
Senate President Karen Fann and the Senate GOP spokeswoman violated Arizona laws barring the use of government resources for political activity when they sent a press release calling on voters to “unite behind (Kari) Lake” in the governor’s race.
“President Fann purposely used taxpayer resources to support a candidate for office, Kari Lake, continuing a culture of disregard for our laws,” he said. “Be it Fann or Kari Lake, these MAGA candidates act with an appalling disregard for the law. This is yet another reason why we need leaders like Katie Hobbs who hold themselves accountable and have respect for the laws of the state.”
Valley attorney Tom Ryan said the statement was “a clear-cut” violation of a state law commonly referred to as Arizona’s Hatch Act, a nod to the federal law that bars federal government employees from politicking on the taxpayer dime.
Ryan said he was glad that the press release was retracted, but scoffed at the explanation. “Accidental? My sweet Irish a**,” he said.
https://www.rawstory.com/kari-lake-...rtPos=9&cx_experienceId=EXC93HV4HK4I#cxrecs_s

Well, such laws need to start being fully enforced in a timely fashion for the Trumpers to start to understand that the laws are there and will bite. They have to actually bite to get this across. Donald Trump himself needs to be in prison on multiple overlapping crimes.

Meanwhile, the incompetent election official in Pinal County AZ has resigned in the wake of a disastrous primary election process:

The Board of Supervisors will hold a Special Session Meeting in Florence on Friday at 11.15 am to appoint a Recorder to see out the remainder of Ms. Ross’s term, which runs through December 31, 2024.

“As a Board, we are deeply embarrassed and frustrated by the mistakes that have been made in this primary election, and as such, we are taking immediate steps to ensure the November election runs smoothly, as elections in Pinal County have historically done prior to this primary,” said Jeffrey McClure, Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.

McClure continued, “It is vital that we restore trust with Pinal County voters, and I can assure the community that there is no better leader to take control of our Elections Department than Virginia Ross. As a fellow elected official, I am grateful to Virginia for sacrificing her elected role to answer the needs of Pinal County.”

Virginia Ross commented, “Having been the Recorder for Pinal County since 2013, this primary election has been a stinging experience for us all. I look forward to involving all stakeholders in Pinal County as we work together to finish this primary election, before immediately turning our attention to the November election.”

Former Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake was referred to the Arizona attorney general for investigation on Monday afternoon. According to the referral, which came from Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, Lake violated state law by tweeting out copies of voter signatures in her tweets.
"Nothing in this section shall preclude public inspection of voter registration records at the office of the county recorder for the purpose prescribed by this section, except that ... the records containing a voter's signature ... shall not be accessible or reproduced by any person other than the voter..." the office cited in the referral.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...pc=U531&cvid=de094976fe35489edfd5a601dc661dc3

but then lake's not one to worry about the law if she's the one breaking it

Meanwhile, the incompetent election official in Pinal County AZ has resigned in the wake of a disastrous primary election process:

The Board of Supervisors will hold a Special Session Meeting in Florence on Friday at 11.15 am to appoint a Recorder to see out the remainder of Ms. Ross’s term, which runs through December 31, 2024.

“As a Board, we are deeply embarrassed and frustrated by the mistakes that have been made in this primary election, and as such, we are taking immediate steps to ensure the November election runs smoothly, as elections in Pinal County have historically done prior to this primary,” said Jeffrey McClure, Chairman of the Board of Supervisors.

McClure continued, “It is vital that we restore trust with Pinal County voters, and I can assure the community that there is no better leader to take control of our Elections Department than Virginia Ross. As a fellow elected official, I am grateful to Virginia for sacrificing her elected role to answer the needs of Pinal County.”

Virginia Ross commented, “Having been the Recorder for Pinal County since 2013, this primary election has been a stinging experience for us all. I look forward to involving all stakeholders in Pinal County as we work together to finish this primary election, before immediately turning our attention to the November election.”
Oh look, another election prediction that didn't happen.....poor wrongway.......but one day, maybe soon, you'll get one right!!

Back