How to size (or re-size) a linked photo?

ShelleeRose

Playful Seductress
I have seen the photo posting guidelines on the forum that warn against posting linked images which stretch the screen. Does anyone know how to control the size of a linked image to prevent this from happening? To be clear, I know how to re-size a photo file that is on my device (.jpg, etc) in order to meet the posting guidelines; it is linked images that I am wondering about. Is there vB code to control the size of a linked image? And if so, what is an appropriate size that won't be considered a screen stretcher?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

The version of vBulletin that they use doesn't have support for the resizing of images on the fly.

Thank you very much for the response. So do people just post links and hope for the best in terms of size? Downloading and then re-sizing an image seems like a lot of work just for purposes of posting, but I do see a lot of linked images here.

Thank you very much for the response. So do people just post links and hope for the best in terms of size? Downloading and then re-sizing an image seems like a lot of work just for purposes of posting, but I do see a lot of linked images here.

You could try one: post a link here that you think may be too wide or too big, and let the viewers decide how it looks on their device and give you feedback.
Just a thought.

Pretty much. Of course a moderator might come along and delete it. But hey, it just a linked picture.

I always examine image properties before I select one to link/post. If it's over 1024 pixels wide, I pass and seek another.

Thank you for the additional replies. I don't have a particular image in mind at the moment to post, I just wanted to understand the options going forward. The 1024 pixel guideline is helpful, as is knowing that I won't get burned at the stake if I mess up sometime. Thanks all!

Back