How to get centered text in a story?

lwilton

Virgin
Looking at https://www.literotica.com/s/when-family-is-not-as-they-seem-ch-01 , there are a couple of bold centered lines for the story title.

According to the FAQ entry on what tags you can put in the text that you can paste into the story box on the submission page, you can only have tags for bold, italic, and underline.

Anyone know how to use tags to center a line? Or do you have to submit the story as a word document?

You might be able to use the <center></center> html tag. That has worked in the past. If it works, then you should be able to tell in the story preview.

I wrote a docx to text converter that does the markup for bold/italic/underline. Don't need to take the detour thru RTF. I was wondering if I could capture centering too, and it sounds like I can. Simple enough change to add so I can have that work automatically.

One thing to keep in mind is that you need to open and close the tags on every paragraph. If you don't, and the site inserts its page break into the tagged text, then it will break the HTML. The site doesn't break paragraphs.

One thing to keep in mind is that you need to open and close the tags on every paragraph. If you don't, and the site inserts its page break into the tagged text, then it will break the HTML. The site doesn't break paragraphs.
That's why I use RTF it's all automatic in the save of the word file using the RTF selection. I'm to ditsy to do my own coding.

The converter I wrote handles start and end tags automatically. It even nests the ends correctly if multiple bold/italic things happen on the same words, not that that should be necessary. Easy enough to add <center> ... </center>.

And yet, if you write in Word, it does it for you by selecting RTF from the save option. For us who aren't coders, it works wonderfully.
The converter I wrote handles start and end tags automatically. It even nests the ends correctly if multiple bold/italic things happen on the same words, not that that should be necessary. Easy enough to add <center> ... </center>.

And yet, if you write in Word, it does it for you by selecting RTF from the save option. For us who aren't coders, it works wonderfully.
Rich Text Format works fine, .doc has worked for me since 2006, I accidentally slid through a .docx once with minor issues. According to the FAQ it takes longer to process the rich text formats than .txt. I'll let my brain take a rest and make Laurel's machine do the hard work by doing all of my work in .docx and letting Word convert it to .doc or .rtf for me.

And if you upload a Word file with bold and italic formatting, Laurel will likely send it back to you and tell you to fix your shit.

Funny.

I've always just left a note to the admin when posting my uploaded docx file requesting any specific formatting I wanted, such as centering, bold, etc. I generally only use special formatting for chapter and section breaks so it's not too much of a burden, I guess since the requests are always fulfilled when the story posts.

Back