How is it some of you on here get lucky and get RPs?

HornyIsh69

Horny Stud
Now I don't mean to sound like a dick here but how is it some of you guys are lucky and get RPs while I post my soul out in the RP Searching Writers and I don't get a damn bite here? Am I lacking in genuality? Why is it my posts don't even get past 5 freakin pages? I need some answers.
Screenshot_20220603-224550.png

Many of the prolific authors have long Lit histories, they're a known quantity to the pool of potential collaborators. Also, if you're looking for heterosexual scenarios, that pool is  very small. Estimates of the ratio by which male authors outnumber female ones vary, but they're generally between 3:1 and 30:1

I've been writing here for over twelve years and I'm still sort of on the fringes. I've experienced what you're going through and if I went to another SRP board I'd have the exact same problem (do have the exact same problem). So I'll offer some suggestions based on my cursory observations of your posts:
-Be patient. You're trying to develop a relationship with other people on the board and that takes time. Cultivate quality, not quantity.
-Add a link to your SRP profile in your signature, make it easy for people to investigate you.
-You had two SRP threads going (Extreme Workout and Cross Country). If those are no longer ongoing, ask your partners why they are no longer ongoing. Ask them to be brutally honest so you get a real opinion from them. If they are kind enough to provide them, think about those. Remember, don't change who you are in order to get more writing.
-You seem to be a short format writer; three or four lines per post. And you're sex focused. This is not a criticism, I've seen a lot of people doing that here. BUT, I've also seen most of those folks burn out and go away. Consider adding a little more context (story, not sex), writing a little more in each post, and being a little more interactive. By 'interactive' I mean look for the hooks your partner extends and use those and extend your partner some hooks that they can use to create characters. Short format posting is often mentioned as a turn-off in the SRPs of many writers, so you're in a niche.
-I also suggest avoiding open-ended scenarios. Have a destination in mind that you can reach in about 200 posts. Make it a short story, not a novel. You can always go past the agreed upon ending if the story is going well, but open-ended scenarios tend to end without an ending and that's unsatisfying.
-Don't compare yourself to others. Litshark, who probably doesn't mind being used as an example, can snap his fingers and get a story going (partly because of his credentials, partly because of his long association with people here, partly because of his willingness to write a broad variety of characters, and so on) and if you're comparing yourself to him in terms of volume of writing threads you're going to come up short.

Last edited:
To second what Otto said, my first prompt on here was ignored for a while. I got lucky, and someone scrolling through found it and started a thread with me. The thread was open (which helped) and a few new readers then asked if they could be part. Even there it was feast or famine. The writers on this forum are like a good biscuit, tasty.... but fucking flakey. People just stop posting. Sometimes its because they fuck off. Sometimes it's because they have 7 alts across 14 stories and they just over-commit. (not naming names but you can see the accidental posts sometimes from an alt account and then watch those threads die). Sometimes you are just told that you're not compatible. I'm not everyone's cup of tea. Some people don't really figure that out till they're a bit into the thread.

Another of Otto's points is illustrated in me getting responses to my last prompt. In that prompt I made it clear I was willing to RP as a male with other males. Some communities here are underserved. At least two of my recent threads will be bisexual male stories. If that's not your thing, that's not your thing but the point is you have to understand that the way to get attention is to offer what is being sought.

Another thing I've noticed is you seem to really be stuck on this biker persona. That's great if that's what you want and what you're looking for. Just understand that the narrower you make your focus and the narrower you make your offering, the more likely it is that someone will look at your prompt and think "I don't really know that I can RP as someone's old lady." and move on.

When I'm investigating a new thread with a potential partner, I do my level best to investigate what it is they want out of the writing. What story are they wanting to explore? I think to myself "what character can I write that scratches that itch... but also scratches mine?"

I would suggest that you 1) look for and respond to both the prompts from women seeking men and the SRP profiles advertising heterosexual women and 2) in approaching those women, ask a lot of questions about what they are seeking and what experience they are craving and then 3) see if you can tailor a character that is both fun for you to play and indicative that you understand and appreciate their desires.

The truth is, Lit is feast or famine. Right now I have like...4-5 threads? but just a few days before that I had literally zero. I anticipate in a week or so as my co-authors and I figure out if we are compatible I will shrink back down to 2. I hope not! But the plain fact of the matter is that everyone is not for everyone.

So to save myself from writing a long ass post is to either play as a dude with other dudes (which seems to be a main thing but that's kinna lame with me but I guess it'll have to work.) or become open minded. Hmmmm well that I can do I guess.

Plus it's not the "Ol Lady thing. No one ever wants that. More like a Sweet Butt". I'm guessing you say I should be open minded and add more options as well. I do have a gym guy idea which I wrote solo and alone as a joke. It was good but I guess I rushed into it. Perhaps I should just jump back to those lame duck adult RP sites and discord again. But I don't wanna. Plus there's some roles I cannot and will not do like Teacher(Male)/Student(Female) <I don't mind the female teacher aspect tho> or Male Trucker. Also.

Feast or Famine sounds like a Deal or No Deal thing here, you'll get a hot but you'll also get a miss I'm guessing. But I guess I can take these points and put them in mind you two wrote too.

No, you don't have to play as a dude with other dudes. That's ridiculous. (Sorry Siobahn. No disrespect intended) What you need to do, is sit up, pay attention to what these other writers are taking the time to share with you. It even takes me awhile to find someone to write with and I don't mean just a couple of days or even a few. The thing is, try to find someone that interests you, think of a storyline and drop them a pm to see if they would be interested. They'll check you out. Realize that and Ish? As harsh as this sounds? Quit whining. Not only is it unbecoming, but women just won't respond to you if you keep at it. Lastly, hang in there if you mean to stick around. What you're presently doing isn't working for you so try something else and keep trying something different until you find something that works.

No, you don't have to play as a dude with other dudes. That's ridiculous. (Sorry Siobahn. No disrespect intended)
None taken, since my point wasn't that he had to play with other dudes but he had to understand that the way to get responses is to appeal to underserved parts of the lit community that he IS compatible with.

Quit whining. Not only is it unbecoming, but women just won't respond to you if you keep at it.

I cannot agree with this strongly enough. Confidence is sexy.

The thing is, try to find someone that interests you, think of a storyline and drop them a pm to see if they would be interested. They'll check you out. Realize that and Ish? As harsh as this sounds? Quit whining. Not only is it unbecoming, but women just won't respond to you if you keep at it.
I won't lie. That wasn't even harsh.

Lastly, hang in there if you mean to stick around. What you're presently doing isn't working for you so try something else and keep trying something different until you find something that works.
So I'm guessing I should just change it up then. I don't mind playing a Mercenary lol. Normally my go to.

I've been writing here for over twelve years and I'm still sort of on the fringes. I've experienced what you're going through and if I went to another SRP board I'd have the exact same problem (do have the exact same problem). So I'll offer some suggestions based on my cursory observations of your posts:
-Be patient. You're trying to develop a relationship with other people on the board and that takes time. Cultivate quality, not quantity.
-Add a link to your SRP profile in your signature, make it easy for people to investigate you.
-You had two SRP threads going (Extreme Workout and Cross Country). If those are no longer ongoing, ask your partners why they are no longer ongoing. Ask them to be brutally honest so you get a real opinion from them. If they are kind enough to provide them, think about those. Remember, don't change who you are in order to get more writing.
-You seem to be a short format writer; three or four lines per post. And you're sex focused. This is not a criticism, I've seen a lot of people doing that here. BUT, I've also seen most of those folks burn out and go away. Consider adding a little more context (story, not sex), writing a little more in each post, and being a little more interactive. By 'interactive' I mean look for the hooks your partner extends and use those and extend your partner some hooks that they can use to create characters. Short format posting is often mentioned as a turn-off in the SRPs of many writers, so you're in a niche.
-I also suggest avoiding open-ended scenarios. Have a destination in mind that you can reach in about 200 posts. Make it a short story, not a novel. You can always go past the agreed upon ending if the story is going well, but open-ended scenarios tend to end without an ending and that's unsatisfying.
-Don't compare yourself to others. Litshark, who probably doesn't mind being used as an example, can snap his fingers and get a story going (partly because of his credentials, partly because of his long association with people here, partly because of his willingness to write a broad variety of characters, and so on) and if you're comparing yourself to him in terms of volume of writing threads you're going to come up short.
I was going to say that I felt slighted, but you already pointed it out lol

On the last page of the seeking writers thread, there are 24 posts. 6 are yours. Out of the whole community, you wrote 1/4th of the posts. I think you're probably reaching the people looking there.

In all of those posts, you express contempt and hostility towards people who like things that you don't.

And that's fine. You obviously want to be the rebel, the tough guy, who calls it like he sees it, and don't give a rotten apple what anyone else thinks about it. If you're looking for a girl who wants that guy (as long as he's not a trucker) than that's a pretty solid strategy, I guess. So maybe the problem is she's not looking for you in this forum?

Back