Group changed during submission

Helgamite

Married gamer
I posted my story for LW and just noticed it says new but the category was changed to group sex. @Laurel was that you and is that a better category for it?

Private message her.
I've never seen her post on the boards.
It might take a few days for her to reply though, so be patient.

Just sent one. I'm patient and I know Laurel is a busy young woman. I'm mostly curious as I'm learning what's best in each category so I can put my stories in them. Less work for laurel if I can help.

Laurel will occasionally flub one, ( usually by overvaluing a minor part of the story delving into something heavy and controversial with the readership like Incest or Non-Con ) but the overwhelming majority of the time, she's doing you a huge favor.

She introduced me to the Mature category — which has become my bread and butter in this name — via a category change from Erotic Couplings. I didn't have the foggiest clue how much readership I was leaving on the table until the numbers started rolling in on that one.

I was scared of LW, so if laurel thinks group is better. She has more experience than me and I'll follow her lead.

I was trying to criticize her, just was curious. For future reference so I can help her as well. Less she has to work, the better, right?

Just sent one. I'm patient and I know Laurel is a busy young woman. I'm mostly curious as I'm learning what's best in each category so I can put my stories in them. Less work for laurel if I can help.
I doubt she'll reply, but after screening stories for 20+ years, I'd say her decision as to where a story will run best is the best advice you'll get.

young? *splutter* (i'll prolly get banned for that!) :D

Private message her.
I've never seen her post on the boards.
It might take a few days for her to reply though, so be patient.
Someone revived a thread from 2001 (!) and there's Laurel commenting on something. Maybe I can find it, because the thread had an update about a week about. I guess Lit was still a novelty for her then. I wonder how she views it now? ("This thing again? Well, another day, another dollar.") I hope she doesn't retire soon because she hasn't groomed a successor for her position. That might be the end of Lit perhaps.

Or maybe she has retired and it's a Miss Lonelyhearts situation. In other words, someone replaced her and is using the same "brand" name. (I was referring to a Nathanael West novel that has a similar plot.)

Back