Finding an editor problems

Writer6324

Virgin
Hello,

I have already published thirty-five works. Often, people complain about an inability to determine who is speaking. One of my works was returned for improper punctuation regarding using commas and quotes. I used Grammarly and found out that Literotica rules were different. Go figure.

I have tried three times to find an editor without success. Most of the time I have not even received a response.

It seems that I like multi-part stories with chapters published separately in sequence. Most are in the 5k word range.

Subjects include wives, interracial, bondage, reluctance, etc.

Here are a couple of paragraphs from my current story:

As I walked I noticed a good-looking man that was coming down the sidewalk toward me. The moment that he noticed me was apparent by the expression on his face. At first, he had seemed relaxed but, as he got closer you could see him focus on my breasts. As we continued toward each other I felt a tingle of excitement between my legs.

As I passed in front of a dress shop I noticed a cute dress in the shop window. The dress provided the perfect excuse for me to stop and gaze intently into the window which would also allow me to see what he would do. He drifted to a stop next to me and stood admiring the dress too. It was obvious that he was admiring my reflection in the plate glass window and not the dress. Turning towards him I decided to give him a good frontal view as I said, “That’s a lovely dress isn’t it? I bet it would look great on your wife.”

As he turned towards me his eyes remained glued to my nipples and he acknowledged my question with a grunt. My gut tightened and I felt my nipples harden even further. It was as if his eyes were radar and my breasts were an enemy aircraft. At the last moment he looked up at me and I looked directly into his eyes making eye contact and allowing my smile to widen. Along with the tingle, I felt the first bit of moisture between my legs. “Your wife?” I said again.

“What? Oh yes. My wife. It would look good on her now that you mention it.” he mumbled as he turned to walk away thoroughly embarrassed. Smiling I thought to myself, “Oh yes! This is just what I need.”

If you are interested and available please send me an email.

Writing in third person with a strongly characterized narrator helps. Also if its difficult to tell who is speaking that should clue you into the fact that your characters are too similar to eachother. Either in style of speech or opinions.

With well written characters a reader should be able to tell that x character probably didn't say y because y doesn't sound right in their mouth.

Back