Final Fantasy: The New Colonies of Eorzea (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
This will be sort of a fusion narrative wherein many locations from different Final Fantasy titles exist in the same world, which we'll just call Earth. The are six main continents, and the one we'll be focusing on will be called Eorzea, named after the similar location in Final Fantasy XIV.

This will be sort of an adventure/action/romance/slice of life type RP starring the members of an expedition to colonize Eorzea, sometimes called the New World. Our particular group hails from the Archadian Fellowship, based in the Free City of Archades. Because this city-state is separate from the dozens of kingdoms it shares the continent of Spira with, it serves as a neutral zone for alliances and treaties. Thus, the Fellowship includes members from nearly every major nation.

So, our characters start off in the Free City of Archades on the eastern coast of the continent of Spira, preparing for their long voyage across the Noscific Ocean to the continent of Eorzea. Once they land, they set up what becomes the Midgar Colony, though eventually they explore other parts of the New World and found other colonies as well. As for the reasons behind this effort, we'll say a team of previous explorers discovered Eorzea some time ago, and upon returning to Spira with a plethora of Aetheryte crystals, it was decided to mount a full-scale expedition to mine this extremely valuable and powerful resource and set up colonies near potent sources. To prevent the kingdoms of Spira from fighting over it, it was mutually decided that the Fellowship would handle it since they were all equally represented within its ranks.

But a Final Fantasy story is no fun without conflict, right? So there will be competing expeditions from a few of the nations that are not with the Fellowship, such as the Holy State of Ishgard and the Dravanian Imperium, though they will land much further north and we won't encounter them at first. Our main antagonists in the beginning will be wild beasts and conflicts from within caused by a handful of mutineers. And there will also be members of a dark cult we eventually run into.

Feel free to use existing characters from any FF titles, or create your own. Just make sure they fit within a mostly fantasy/medieval-type setting. There will be some magical technology, but nothing that would be considered too modern. To start, I will be playing two main characters and three NPC-like characters. Names and images are still pending, but I created them all in FFXIV. My two mains will be Kogatomaru Kanzo, a male miqo'te ronin mercenary who was exiled from his homeland, and Aedarya Tamreone, a female viera summoner who can call upon spirits from the Feywild, a separate plane of existence that dwells deep within the Lifestream from which all Aether flows.

My three NPCs will be Captain Ellavere Kurgis, a female roegadyn sailor and former pirate who commands the ASV Blue Falcon (Archadian Sea Vessel); Commander Ephraim Vathano, a male elezen paladin who serves as the military head of the expedition; and Doctor Mykal Gharlan, a Hrothgar alchemist and Aetheryte expert who serves as the lead scientist.

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with for your characters! If there is enough interest, I'll create the main thread and post the template for character sheets.

Back