Explain your sig(s)

ydahecnot

Sun of a gun
What meaning is there in your choices of sig text and/or pics? I will start with mine.

The mind is the most powerful sexual organ.

It was my only one for a few years, and a core belief of mine, that state of mind, creativity and imagination are the keys to good sex of any kind, and why sexy time can feel so real and intense

I'm a sinner, I'm a saint, I do not feel ashamed

A lyric from one of my favorite songs, Bitch by Meredith Brooks. Yes, it’s a song about the nature of a woman, but it reflects in general that one should embrace what is good about them and be fine with the imperfections

Just call me Sunny Sexy Fucklust

A tribute to an old friend (no air quotes) of mine, Sultrykitten1975. She called me that once, and the incongruity with what I know about myself made me giggle, so there it is

Never go full Tolstoy

I used that line to boil down a woman’s long post about guys making their messages too long. Pmann made a meme of it from Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder, and it epitomizes my preference, as a rule, for brevity

If it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad

A line from a song by Sheryl Crow (a onetime college classmate). Fairly self explanatory

Your turn

Yeah mine are always song lyrics. I change all the time. Currently from Middle Brother

Mine are just quotes that I like or feel at the moment.

I think everyone could be kinder, including me.

Life is hard right now. I have a lot of medical stuff going on and I feel like I’m constantly a step behind.

I’ve been accused by at least 3 people of trolling them. One was a true misunderstanding and very poor timing. The other two....I don’t have the time or energy but if the shoe fits you can lace that bitch up and wear it.

I always have signs turned off because some people here used to have big ass flashing signs that were annoying as hell.

Mine is just a representation of the collective feelings of Lit on my delightful personality.

My avatar used to make more sense under the old forum layout. But, such is life.

Mine is soooo complicated. Firstly, the profile. The function was broken when I first rejoined, so I linked it to the main profile page. The second link is to the stories I've posted because I like writing filth and don't mind people knowing about it.

I sometimes play around with my sig if I'm in the mood but those two links always remain.

I've always had the same dig and it never goes out of style:

Enjoy your body, use it every way you can
Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it
It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own

The first part of my sig, simply states that my AV is not me, well sometimes, anyway. The next part are some of my threads and SRP’s. Then comes my buttons, just something fun I added. The quote under that is one I found on Pinterest and it is something I felt, when I read it. Someone I used to talk to here, for the longest time…( don’t anymore, for almost 2 years)I thought he enjoyed spending time with me, but now that I look back on it, he didn’t… his actions spoke louder than any words. The quote reads “If you don’t like me, please don’t pretend that you do. Ever.

I don’t need everyone to like me, if you do, you do, if not, your choice, just don’t pretend you do.🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
The AWOL from the B&B bit is basically because I'm and in out and that thread was the one I'd been the most active in over the years (and I was the de facto barkeep).

The PM bit is because while I like talking to people and am happy to talk about basically whatever, I tend to be socially awkward and don't want to make it weird by saying something stupid right out of the chute. Plus I want to be seen as approachable but also don't want to be seen as THAT MARRIED GUY who randomly PMs the ladies unsolicited. That just ain't me, and it's a turnoff (and it makes it weird).

..and at this point I'm probably both overthinking and overexplaining.

Just changed mine recently because I feel bad that there are a lot of awesome people in my Inbox, but I often take a looooong time to reply. Trust me, 99% of the time, it's not you, it's me. 😬

Screenshot_20220719-205806_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think mine accurately describes who I am. I can be fun and flirty, but I'm not a pushover. Love me or leave me, I am who I am and I'm not changing to please anyone. 😊

Mine are just quotes that I like or feel at the moment.

I think everyone could be kinder, including me.

Life is hard right now. I have a lot of medical stuff going on and I feel like I’m constantly a step behind.

I’ve been accused by at least 3 people of trolling them. One was a true misunderstanding and very poor timing. The other two....I don’t have the time or energy but if the shoe fits you can lace that bitch up and wear it.
Every night when I sign out of Facebook I write a line or verse from a song. People get worried about me if I forget to...LOL

"There's still time to change the road you're on."

My signature is from "Stairway to Heaven". In Led Zeppelin's classic concert film, "The Song Remains the Same", Robert Plant introduces it as "a song of hope".

My personal posting rules:

1) I'll wait at least 5-minutes before posting in a thread after a guy posts to avoid leaving my scent and covering him up. Exceptions: Word games and threads I've already been posting in. Sometimes posting is like driving in the Indy 500 around here. All the guys cutting off others as quickly as possible in their attempt to stay "seen." Some people get so into doing it that if someone else does it to them - after they did it initially - they'll do it again to ensure they are the last one seen. I hate it when it happens to me, and have decided that it doesn't work anyway - being seen doesn't mean I have any greater chance at chatting with someone. It just feels rude. So, I decided that giving 5-minutes allows the person to be seen and whatever the results of their being seen will have already happened. Do I always follow my 5-minute rule? Not 100% of the time - especially if someone has just "cut me off."

2) I look for opportunities to greet new posters and compliment women. I've found that many women put themselves out there - through words and, at times, pictures. They are braver than I am. But, also sometimes, there is a lack of response to their efforts. Especially if they are relatively new to lit or the thread. So, I look for opportunities to make them feel welcomed and appreciated. I know I get a lift when someone comments and says something nice to me. I hope it does the same for those who put themselves out there without as much fanfare.

3) I won't try to post "between" people acting like a couple in a thread. I don't follow all the intimate goings on in lit. I don't always know when two people are a couple. So, I just go by thread sequencing of posts. If I get the impression from the timing of their posts that two people are trying to play together in a thread, I definitely will not interfere. But I've made mistakes before when I didn't recognize it like I should have. What I CAN say in my defense is that I NEVER try to post between those chatting together.

Back