Ex-Sanders aide lambasts Joe Biden’s VP search: Progressives ‘need not apply'

Counselor706

Literotica Guru
A former top adviser to Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-VT) is accusing Joe Biden’s campaign of ignoring credible progressive candidates in its search for a vice presidential nominee.

Nina Turner, a onetime Ohio state senator who co-chaired Sanders’ failed 2020 campaign, told Hill.TV’s Rising on Thursday that the current makeup of Biden’s running mate shortlist signaled he was not serious about uniting progressive behind his candidacy.

“If you are a progressive, you need not apply, that’s just the bottom line here,” Turner said, noting that Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), a progressive former chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, was being omitted from consideration despite her qualifications for the role. “No one should be surprised by this, certainly [former] Vice President Joe Biden has the right to pick whomever he decides to. However, there is a component within the mainstream Democratic Party that has a disdain for progressives."
Source

Last I heard the forerunner was Elizabeth Warren. She a progressive who is actually on the national scene. I hope he picks someone who is believable as ready on day one to step into the presidency, if needed, as age is his worst disadvantage. Elizabeth Warren is one of a handful who could do that. And she's progressive. Zero men are in the running. Who's complaining about that?

And the OP, like other Trumpettes here, are just backbiting on anything they can get a hold on.

Do you realize how desperate and obvious you are???

Attempting to drive a wedge between the coalitions of voters who are united in ending the Trump nightmare presidency will not work in 2020.

It worked in 2016 because Trump was a question mark. Now everybody knows exactly how despicable he and his sycophantic supporters are.

Biden has definitely moved to the left on some key issues, and his cabinet will definitely consist of a star studded group of progressive thinkers.

The billionaire class and their toadies should be very afraid.

Sorry, I don't agree Lar, I think Counselor is Right. The Dem. Establishment does not like or want a progressive movement. They don't get it at all much like Gop's don't get it.

We are likely to loose to Trump again because of this huge blind spot the Dems have and won't let go of.

I so wanted to be voting for Bernie and it is with great disappointment that I'll vote for Biden. The Dems are such a disappointment, and maybe they can help change my attitude by picking a vice president who actually is progressive.

Just recovering where we were is not only difficult but it's also progressive and it's what a Biden administration would do. Those who think that Sanders could either, first, win the presidency with the Republican propaganda machine in full cry, and, second, do much of anything if he got in office--everything from him has been talk so far, failure to network to progressive compromises, and unresearched Pied Piper promises--are just naive. That's what Bernie's Bros are--basically naive.

Elizabeth Warren is progressive. Bernie Bros won't discuss/back her because they don't care if anything realistic towards the progressive gets done. They just want to bitch and moan, which, in Bernie's long national-level career is all he's been good for.

The only relevant fact raised by the Ex-Sanders aide is the Ex. Your candidate lost as he was always going to. Now is the time to get 100% behind the team which will scrub Trump. That is the first, second, third and only priority.

Sanders is a disgrace; he tried to steal a nomination from a party he has never committed to and now the useless old windbag offers the weakest possible support in the ousting of Trump.

Biden wasn't my first choice and neither were Warren or Harris, but now is the time to forget past differences and back the winning team. No longer resident I will not have a vote but I shall put some money and resources (legally) into getting some people who might otherwise not vote into a position where they can.

I marginally favour Warren for VP with Harris as an AG candidate but I have called it wrong pretty consistently so we'll see.

Just recovering where we were is not only difficult but it's also progressive and it's what a Biden administration would do.

Going back to where we were is the opposite of progressive.......you need to figure out what that word means because you obviously have no clue.

Biden will do whatever his handlers tell him, that's why he's the nominee.

Back