evil commercial fiends, trying to steal us from lit

ellynei

Really Experienced
Did anybody else get a feedback through your "anonymous feedback to author" function, from a company wanting you to write for them instead of lit?

I don't mean a good one, where someone actually offers you money for a story.

No, I mean a ridiculous offer: "Give us a story, then you can read stories on our site free for a full month!"

Well, I got one this morning. What I found surprising was that they bothered to write to me in my native language. Danish. -- Well that could of course have something to do with their original site being Danish or some such...

The message was:

"Hej Ellynei,

Vi har med stor begejstring laest dine historier og skriver til dig fordi vi er ved at launche et erotisk fiktions website i England, lidt efter samme model som her, dog udbygget med andet erotisk guf.

Vi er paa jagt efter forfattere der har lyst til at faa deres historier paa vores site, til gengaeld giver vi en maanes fri adgang per submission."

Translated that would be something like:

"Hi Ellynei

We have with great enthusiasm read your stories and write to you because we are launching a fictional erotic website in England, somewhat by the same model as here* , although expanded with other erotic "goodies"**

We are hunting for authors who would like to get their stories on our site, in return we give a month free access pr submission."

This was followed by name and contact email.

here* might be a referral to an already existing danish site who works by a "pay pr month to read stories - or get a free month pr story"-system.

goodies** guf is slang and not easily translated. (General meaning: good/tasty/delicious).

Anyhow, I'm wondering, did these guys just search lit for Danes and send each of us this message? (Because you have to be a Dane to be stupid enough to fall for it.) Or did they spread their idiotic offer to other nationalities too? Or was I just "lucky"?

I wrote them back from an alternate mail, (don't want to get spammed with ads from that site on my primary mail), and quite politely stated that if my stories were to be published in that commercial a context I'd expect a more tangible payment than "a months subscription pr submission."

Grrmble. How dare they come to Literotica, which to my knowledge is the best online source of free erotic novels, to not only advertise their ridiculous subscription based "pay for stories, the authors get nothing" system -- but also suggest that lit-authors submit stories to their site instead?

No, seriously. It's rude.

I feel like I woke up and someone send me an email saying: "Hi, you are Danish. I just know you are stupid beyond repair. Let me sell you this green cheese. It is a piece of moon-rock!"

Did anybody else get a feedback through your "anonymous feedback to author" function, from a company wanting you to write for them instead of lit?

I don't mean a good one, where someone actually offers you money for a story.

No, I mean a ridiculous offer: "Give us a story, then you can read stories on our site free for a full month!"

Well, I got one this morning. What I found surprising was that they bothered to write to me in my native language. Danish. -- Well that could of course have something to do with their original site being Danish or some such...

The message was:

"Hej Ellynei,

Vi har med stor begejstring laest dine historier og skriver til dig fordi vi er ved at launche et erotisk fiktions website i England, lidt efter samme model som her, dog udbygget med andet erotisk guf.

Vi er paa jagt efter forfattere der har lyst til at faa deres historier paa vores site, til gengaeld giver vi en maanes fri adgang per submission."

Translated that would be something like:

"Hi Ellynei

We have with great enthusiasm read your stories and write to you because we are launching a fictional erotic website in England, somewhat by the same model as here* , although expanded with other erotic "goodies"**

We are hunting for authors who would like to get their stories on our site, in return we give a month free access pr submission."

This was followed by name and contact email.

here* might be a referral to an already existing danish site who works by a "pay pr month to read stories - or get a free month pr story"-system.

goodies** guf is slang and not easily translated. (General meaning: good/tasty/delicious).

Anyhow, I'm wondering, did these guys just search lit for Danes and send each of us this message? (Because you have to be a Dane to be stupid enough to fall for it.) Or did they spread their idiotic offer to other nationalities too? Or was I just "lucky"?

I wrote them back from an alternate mail, (don't want to get spammed with ads from that site on my primary mail), and quite politely stated that if my stories were to be published in that commercial a context I'd expect a more tangible payment than "a months subscription pr submission."

Grrmble. How dare they come to Literotica, which to my knowledge is the best online source of free erotic novels, to not only advertise their ridiculous subscription based "pay for stories, the authors get nothing" system -- but also suggest that lit-authors submit stories to their site instead?

No, seriously. It's rude.

I feel like I woke up and someone send me an email saying: "Hi, you are Danish. I just know you are stupid beyond repair. Let me sell you this green cheese. It is a piece of moon-rock!"

I missed the "instead" part. Does it say that somewhere? Barring that, I don't see what's wrong with it. Yes, I get periodic "saw your stories on Lit." invitations to write for other sites--some with membership offers attached, a few with some more substantial payoff. Every story I have on Lit. has appeared at least three other places for some sort of payoff, including at least twice for money/equivalent (usually paid Internet site subscriptions). I'm sure most with stories here have received offers. Some seem general shotgun; some mention specific stories they liked that prompted the offer. What I've given them have always been stories I've posted to Lit. as well, and none have complained about that.

And none have suggested that I write for them "instead" of for Lit.

Last edited:
Allright, maybe they don't mean 'instead', can't know that until reading their contract.

But, frankly, the notion which I find appaling here, is that they would make people pay "them" to read my stories, and I would get "nothing".

Here on lit, people read my stories for free, and I get no monetary income from it. Hopefully lit gains enough income from their advertises and pay pr-services to keep this system running.

But, it is a wonderful system. "My readers don't have to pay, and I don't get paid."

Now, this site want me to switch to: "My readers have to pay, and I don't get paid."

I find it offensive.

If I could only read danish, then sure the danish version of their site would make sense to me. Because I haven't been able to find a place that has extensive amounts of free erotica written in danish online. Since, I can read english, I can read erotic stories on lit for free. Hence their "1 month free subscription" is worthless to me.

You just have to be careful of real scammers. I got an offer from an outfit run out of England, they were paying $250 per story (UK money... that doubles, or did at the time, in US money, so it was actually like $500 a story) and wanted a story a week... only 1000 words or so. Contract for a year, or more.

Then, the catch. I had to pay their "solicitor" for the drawing up and signing of the contract. $3000 UK dollars.

Right. :rolleyes:

Buh-bye!

You just have to be careful of real scammers. I got an offer from an outfit run out of England, they were paying $250 per story (UK money... that doubles, or did at the time, in US money, so it was actually like $500 a story) and wanted a story a week... only 1000 words or so. Contract for a year, or more.

Then, the catch. I had to pay their "solicitor" for the drawing up and signing of the contract. $3000 UK dollars.

Right. :rolleyes:

Buh-bye!

Uff, that was an evil one!

Back