Edit a story that was posted

hotbox

Virgin
Hi! Is there a way to edit stories that you posted? I neglected to title some of mine properly. They do not show which are chapters 1, 2,3, etc. Also, I'm embarrassed there are a couple spelling errors. I do not want to delete anything and post again because that would lose the lovely comments.

Prepare your corrected copy, submit it as a new submission, with the word EDIT in the title.

Explain what you're doing in a Note to the Editor, then Preview and Submit. Wait 2 - 4 weeks. Edits are low priority, and if the typos are trivial, many of us don't bother.

Comments and scores all stay.

Remember to number chapters 01, 02, 03, otherwise the sequence stuffs up when you get to Ch. 10, 11 - it's an alphanumeric title sort.

Alternatively, if your can live with the typos, set up a Series, make sure the chapters are in the right order, and submit. The Series function will then do all the joining up for you. It's quicker, doing it that way, but the typos remain.

Next time, edit more thoroughly, and get your chapter numbering right, first time :).

Thank you. I appreciate the help. Two questions please: If I submit a story with "edit" in the title, will it appear that way when published? Do I delete the original story or does the editor replace it with the edited version?

Back