Does the minimum wage kill jobs?

My point exactly, if the Burger Flipper is suddenly making $15/hr, Everyone elses wages must go up respectively.

The factory worker WAS making $15, but that is suddenly minimum wage, he now claims he is worth more than MW, thus he and everyone else expect more.

Of course you agree with another dude pretending to be a woman.

My point exactly, if the Burger Flipper is suddenly making $15/hr, Everyone elses wages must go up respectively.

The factory worker WAS making $15, but that is suddenly minimum wage, he now claims he is worth more than MW, thus he and everyone else expect more.

That's what SHOULD happen. It doesn't seem to actually work that way in reality. But everybody else SHOULD expect more. Americans are underpaid as a whole and it's stifling our economy.

The problem with a minimum wage increase is the people who make over minimum wage.

My company, like most these days is trying to wrong everything like a sponge and pay as cheaply as possible. They have a couple of dozen minimum wage employees.

If the wage jumps say a dollar and the company has to foot that raise it ensures no one else gets an increase.

A guy who works under me said it best a couple of weeks ago when he said "I make $11.25 an hour. I won;t get a raise until minimum wage hits $11.50"

If the government wants to help people then what it needs to do is when it passes a minimum wage increase there needs to something stipulated that people making more than that (up until a certain wage) should get at least a 3% increase, something....
'
But that won't happen because the objective of the government is to have either poor or wealthy. So the jump in minimum wage is not enough to take the poor out of being poor and it keeps the just above poor, lower middle class struggling until everything else has increased but their wage and they are now poor.

That's what SHOULD happen. It doesn't seem to actually work that way in reality. But everybody else SHOULD expect more. Americans are underpaid as a whole and it's stifling our economy.

But not the top two percent or so and that's all that really matters, isn't it? Raising the minimum wage is a token gesture to look like they are doing something. a dollar an hour, $40 a week, yeah that will take someone out of poverty level:rolleyes:

But what it will do is cut into any assistance they may qualify for. Things like heating assistance, medical, maybe food stamps.

One small step forward and a big one back. Under the guise of trying to act like they care

well Luke is one of those jackasses ... one has to pity him

I still don't think a burger flipper is worth $15 an hour...

what they want is welfare but mask it as a job

No, they're not worth $15, but they are worth more than $7.85 which is minimum here in RI I think.

But at least they are working, more then could be said for some in this thread.

Afraid of standing to your position?

What you don't get is that wages are prices, and prices are not made for justice. They're made out of the markets driven forces: offers and demands. If nobody's working for THAT wage, the car manufacturer has to increase it.

So take your survival tips and put it in your arse. At least, somebody's got to do the work you're too lazy for.

Unless government works with its campaign financiers to bring in people who will do it for that wage be they the followers of Islam that have flooded into Europe or the "investments" and their children who impudently come across our border with the blessing of the American government.

;) ;)

Back