Dear Laurel...

Super-Surprise

Loves ****
Dear Laurel...

State of the Union Address: The Literotica General Board
20th Year Anniversary

Greetings and salutations to Laurel and all registered Litizens!

As we rapidly approach the 20th "Golden Era" in the history of the Literotica General Board (oh wait, let me confirm that: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002...2016, 2017, 2018), yes that makes twenty, or so. I suppose some may argue that certain "Golden Era's" lasted much longer than a year while others lasted a much shorter period of time. Oh well, buyer beware...and since no one pays any dues or fees here, well Go Fuck Yourself.

I see there has been much consternation lately regarding just what the Lit GB should or shouldn't be. Well Laurel, I believe you have got everything just right. The correct amount of "old-timers", trolls, alts, sensible Sally's, etc. Just because a few posters think the GB should represent solely their own view of what should or should not be appropriate here (I'll not mention any names), but DCL and GS have put many a poster into a tizzy over the last few days.

Free speech as you Laurel see it, is very much alive and well here at the GB, just as it has been for the last 20 years or so. Whether that matches my own idea and/or ideals of free speech does not matter at all. And it should not matter to anyone else here either. You have included the ignore function for a reason. I only wish you would have a added a "nuclear Iggy" "ignore-all" button so it would not take me so long to put every member here out of sight. Can you imagine a GB front page consisting solely of your very own threads? Heaven indeed!

I see BusyBody still hangs around under the ever ascending BBX## accounts. Despite this poster being a racist and much maligned figure, the poster is also entitled to free speech. As is Lance (under whatever new handle he is using now.) And all the other trouble-makes such as myself (as no doubt someone believes I am.) I must apologize to you Laurel as for many years I posted almost exclusively pictures to express myself. Many of the smart posters were able to easily understand the message I wished to convey while some of the others were so puzzled by it they resorted to being nasty. Oh well, somehow I feel partially responsible for the "picture thread" fiasco now "infecting" the GB. If nothing else it seems to be trendy now to include a picture or GIF with ones words to better emphasize their point.
You probably know that this is a lie and I am not really sorry for anything nor to anyone.
But take note I do have some very good threads such as "Movie Night!" (*shameless plug here*)
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1458286
Thus Iggy may not be the most appropriate option if one wishes to expand their knowledge base.

Posters come and go. It was always fun to have a Mike Yates, a DollParts, a Mathew Craig, et al to laugh with/at every once and a while. There will always be newcomers and a long lost list of old timers. Free speech may not lead to respect and tolerance, but it has indeed been an exciting and enriching ride. If others do not feel the love, well then there are plenty of other website out there, que sera sera.

So the Literotica General Board is still the premier place to be for unencumbered transmission of thoughts between consenting adults. Kudos to you Laurel and Manu. I do hope you haven't been over-working Manu on the hamster wheel lately. He may just need to keep it up for another twenty years or so. as someone once sang, "These are the good old days!"
So soak them up and enjoy your stay.
A toast to Laurel for 20 good ones past and perhaps twenty more to come. :rose:

You've not posted this many words in 11 yrs! Well done!.

oJ7njTu.gif

this will be the shortest thread in board history because all of the bitches are busy pouting.

Back