Conservative Viewpoints versus Hate Speech.

PaxNurgle

Literotica Guru
There is a lot of debate about "Censoring Conservative Viewpoints" on internet forums but such a thing is, believe it or not, really not happening to any great degree.
However, some self-described "Conservatives" like to pretend otherwise. They complain and gripe when their viewpoints are censored or posts/threads removed.
The issue is there is a huge difference between a valid conservative viewpoint and a sociopathic one. And a huge difference between a social conservatism and hate speech.
Let me give you some examples here:

"Lowering the tax burden on the wealthy and corporations will empower them to create jobs that benefit everyone." This is a conservative viewpoint. I'm not going to argue the merits or flaws of this argument, it isn't the point.

"GLBT people are a plague on society and need to be rounded up." This is hate speech. It is calling for a violent persecution of a group of people.

"My religion teaches that homosexuality is a sin." A conservative viewpoint. Fair enough, if this is what your religion teaches you, you have a right to think this and express it. You do NOT, however, have a right to be a self-appointed vigilante and begin persecuting people on that account.

Or, "(name of politician) needs to be kidnapped and executed" Sociopathic view, promoting violence and disrespect for the law. Or (name of criminal) should be exonerated and set free." If said criminal has committed a crime, then in a lawful society that person should face consequences. Otherwise, it's not a lawful society, and by defending the actions of a criminal you are on a slippery slope towards sociopathic views.

"Affirmative action and racial quotas may force employers to give less qualified people a job over more qualified people." That's debatable but nonetheless, a valid conservative viewpoint, remember I'm not here to debate these points.
On the other hand:
"The concept of racial equality is Marxist." This is hate speech. You are promoting a divisive and racist agenda and preying on people's irrational fears of Marxism to foster intolerance and persecution of racial minorities.

I know the more intelligent people can tell the difference between hate speech, sociopathic views and valid conservative talking points, but I think we need to set the record straight on bhalf of those who cannot tell the difference.

Forums should have a right to censor hate speech and sociopathic views. This is not the same as censoring conservative views; that is the point.

My favorite is "you're being racist when you complain that you're being discriminated against." Or words to that effect. "Because you're ALWAYS making it all about race."

The concept of hate speech is just the new version of blasphemy for modern ideologies.

The concept of hate speech is just the new version of blasphemy for modern ideologies.
Completely not true. Two vastly different things. Hate Speech is advocating harm towards, or discrimination against, certain groups.

Blasphemy is simply having a differing philosophical opinion of God. And NOT necessarily advocating violence or hatred towards anybody.

There is a lot of debate about "Censoring Conservative Viewpoints" on internet forums but such a thing is, believe it or not, really not happening to any great degree.
On Facebook, old Twitter, etc censoring conservatives was the norm.

We are coming up on a century after the Scopes Monkey Trial. The people denying Darwin now are on the left as well as the Christians.

A lot of what is called "hate speech" is simply inconvenient facts.

There's no such thing as good censorship. I'm a huge believer in freedom of speech. By controlling speech, someone, anyone, is attempting to control thought. The Catholic Church tried that it and led to the Protestant Reformation. Other authoritarian states, like the North Korea, the People's Republic of China, the old Soviet Union now Russia and parts of the Middle East, like Iran, continue to suppress speech and thought and it never works. People who want to find out what's really going on, and what's really being said, will search for it.

If you believe in censoring political views you find distasteful, then you might support shutting down this website.

As for my views, I'm neither conservative enough for the Democrats nor liberal enough for the Republicans. Somewhere there's a middle ground where we all must work to live in peace with one another.

A lot of the stuff that is called "hate speech" is true and that's why they call it "hate speech."

Poor people commit more crime. Transgender people generally have lots of mental health issues in areas other than sexuality. Different races, classes, ethnic groups, sexes, etc have different average IQs. Most people are the authors of their own misfortune. Women and children do not do as well with abstract thought, generally, as men. Race and class are genetic like all other traits. Some people are born bad, and intelligence is hereditary. The rich got that way by doing something that others need; the poor got that way by being mentally disorganized, low IQ, or incompetent.

If we just GROW THE FUCK UP and accept these things, we do not have to go through the Scopes Monkey Trial II, this time where we reject Darwinism not for Christianity but for the delusion that people are "equal."

Accept the science, move into the future.

True hate speech is rare and overwhelmingly ignored no matter its source.

That goes for the US and not so much for the Middle East...

True hate speech is rare and overwhelmingly ignored no matter its source.
If you need true hate speech, there's always poa.st and stormfront.org. They have an oversupply.

But the more humanity censors, the more we obscure the roots of our problems.

Even more, the whole idea of "hate crimes" is ludicrous to me. If the act is not enough of a crime, just raise the penalties. There is no point saying that some murders are worse than others because of the motivation, for example.

Also, since I love heresies -- probably my first and most enduring love -- as well as blasphemies, obscenities, and anything else that knocks the human being out of his narcissistic solipsism, here are a couple more.
  • God cannot be proven or disproven. The scientific position is agnosticism. Atheism is as much a religion as Christianity.
  • There are more religions than Christianity, and these are not based in the human ego.
  • Most Christians have no idea what their religion is, so they go with their gut... and this is the right course of action.
  • If Christianity dies tomorrow, the same people in churches today will invent a new religion.
  • Atheism seems to pair with communism and other mental health problems.
  • Hitler was a vegetarian and art student which means he would have had an iPhone.

I am an Atheist and a Capitalist of the highest order and believe in life, liberty and property.*

I guess, then, that you would see me as conflicted...

I worship "No God???"

🤯

* My Fountainhead

That's because S&C are religions that return man to the center of the universe.
Back to Galileo, I suppose. The sun does not rotate around us just because we are cool. In fact, we orbit it because we are tiny bits of meat in a universe of incomprehensible size.

Back