Character Name Change Feature/Script?

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the Literotica Forums so lmk if I'm doing anything wrong or this needs to be posted elsewhere. I've read the rules and I don't think this falls into the Tech Support or How To category (How To doesn't seem to be about technical stuff), so I'm just putting it in General.

Anyways, I'd like to ask if anyone who has used Literotica for a while has ever made a script or browser extension to change the names of characters in a story. By this I mean just changing the local copy of the story - not changing the original files on the Literotica servers (I am not trying to hack them or permanently change someone's hard work), but doing something akin to messing around in the Inspect Element tool with a built-in Ctrl+F word replacer. I think it would enhance the immersion for self-insert stories and also allow for a way to read some stories in second-person.

I don't mean for this to be a "Literotica devs please make this a feature" post because I assume that this would be incredibly time consuming to implement site-wide and because I don't think many people have asked about this before (correct me if I am wrong, I did some cursory searching before writing this post to make sure this wasn't a duplicate but I could've missed something).

I'm decently familiar with Java and alright with C++, but I've never ventured into web development much at all (not that I imagine much web development uses those languages) so I'm wondering if someone has made something like this already on the forums or has suggestions on how to do so.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the Literotica Forums so lmk if I'm doing anything wrong or this needs to be posted elsewhere. I've read the rules and I don't think this falls into the Tech Support or How To category (How To doesn't seem to be about technical stuff), so I'm just putting it in General.

Anyways, I'd like to ask if anyone who has used Literotica for a while has ever made a script or browser extension to change the names of characters in a story. By this I mean just changing the local copy of the story - not changing the original files on the Literotica servers (I am not trying to hack them or permanently change someone's hard work), but doing something akin to messing around in the Inspect Element tool with a built-in Ctrl+F word replacer. I think it would enhance the immersion for self-insert stories and also allow for a way to read some stories in second-person.

I don't mean for this to be a "Literotica devs please make this a feature" post because I assume that this would be incredibly time consuming to implement site-wide and because I don't think many people have asked about this before (correct me if I am wrong, I did some cursory searching before writing this post to make sure this wasn't a duplicate but I could've missed something).

I'm decently familiar with Java and alright with C++, but I've never ventured into web development much at all (not that I imagine much web development uses those languages) so I'm wondering if someone has made something like this already on the forums or has suggestions on how to do so.
How about some whiteout and a Bic pen? :)

I found a Chrome extension called 'Search and Replace' that works well. I wish it was a thing that worked from the website though, because I use literotica from my phone which doesn't allow Chrome extensions.

I actually don't think it'd be too hard. You just have a button on each story that a user presses and it gives them a chance to put what names they want replaced and what they want to replace them with. Then load the story like that instead.

Back