Bill Barr - All-In With the Mar-a-Lago Raid

BeatMan

Literotica Guru
“Number one is that I think a lot of the attacks on the FBI are over the top because a decision like this is not made by the FBI,” former Attorney General William Barr told the Bari Weiss podcast on August 25.

“In fact, I don’t think the FBI would push a decision that it’s best to go in and search and obtain those documents after being jerked around for a year and a half. The decision would be made at the Department of Justice, by subordinates of the AG, and ultimately signed off on by the AG. The FBI would be told to go and execute it. I think the idea that the FBI is the problem here is misplaced.”

The former AG was more disturbed by “the constant pandering to outrage” on the right, without discussion of whether the outrage had any merit. The FBI seized Trump’s passports, leaving the impression that the former president had committed a crime and was now a flight risk. FBI agents also rummaged through the closets of Melania Trump, an act of pure intimidation. With Trump attorneys forced outside, the FBI could easily have planted or destroyed information. If that is not cause for outrage, it’s hard to imagine what might qualify.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/20...neral-explains-raid-trumps-lloyd-billingsley/

Barr is right.................and wrong. While the DOJ DID make the final decision it was done so under the advisement of various FBI agents. Further, the White House was involved as well. It's obvious that it was a political decision. I think Barr's goal here was to try to forestall the rank and file from being painted along with the higher ups. A reasonable premise but we have NO idea how deep this goes.

How many different "leaks" have been floated as to the justification? We seem to get a new one, or a variation of an old one, damn near daily. The one I love the most is that Trump had the nuke codes in his possession. So what? Those codes are changed DAILY!!!! Those codes, if he had them, fall into the category of being a memento.

Why did Garland feel compelled to issue a memo yesterday threatening potential 'whistle blowers?' Seems to me that if there wasn't something rotten in Denmark there would be no reason for anyone to come forward.

The raid was done to retrieve sensitive government files that were stolen by a crazy, half-wit election loser and held virtually unsecured in a country club despite over a year of unsuccessfully trying to get them back by other means.

Barr is right.................and wrong. While the DOJ DID make the final decision it was done so under the advisement of various FBI agents. Further, the White House was involved as well. It's obvious that it was a political decision. I think Barr's goal here was to try to forestall the rank and file from being painted along with the higher ups. A reasonable premise but we have NO idea how deep this goes.

How many different "leaks" have been floated as to the justification? We seem to get a new one, or a variation of an old one, damn near daily. The one I love the most is that Trump had the nuke codes in his possession. So what? Those codes are changed DAILY!!!! Those codes, if he had them, fall into the category of being a memento.

Why did Garland feel compelled to issue a memo yesterday threatening potential 'whistle blowers?' Seems to me that if there wasn't something rotten in Denmark there would be no reason for anyone to come forward.
You best go read the 54 page DOJ submission....it answers ALL of your doubts and discredits your innuendo....

Incorrect

So repubs DON’T believe in law and order after claiming that’s what they’re all about?

The one I love the most is that Trump had the nuke codes in his possession. So what?
because it undermines the safety and national security of our country, dufus. how can the rest of the world trust us when a civilian has that kind of information?

because it undermines the safety and national security of our country, dufus. how can the rest of the world trust us when a civilian has that kind of information?
Especially since it seems he needed a whole moving truck to move it.
It also begs the question WTF was the security services doing,since they did not stop him.One can only hope there is a fulls scale inquiry into this cluster fuck.

Back