Any old sexual customs you think would make good contemporary stories on Lit?

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
How about the bedding ceremony? It was a medieval custom where the newlyweds had to have sex in public on the first night for their marriage to be considered "valid."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedding_ceremony

My version: In a parallel universe where, until nowadays, that custom was never abolished, in weddings of public figures that are broadcast worldwide, e.g. British royal weddings, even that part is broadcast. So millions if not billions of people on the planet will watch the royal newlyweds consumating their marriage.

You can intercut the sex scene with countless scenes in which various 18 y.o teenagers from around the world jack off in their rooms watching it. If the rules allow it (I think celebrities are allowed), you can even use some real names (cough... Meghan Markle... cough... Kate Middleton... cough).

Lots of old Roman customs are great - keeping concubines, male and female. Orgies Caligula style. Some Viking stuff cums to mind too.

I'm sure I could come up with some sexy stories involving Bundling. Including bundling bags and other such devices used to prevent actual copulation.

Then there is the pagan Beltane (spring) tradition of the Maypole dance. A fertility rite that was pretty well quashed by the Puritans. After which couples would disappear into the fields.

Then there is prima nocta which most historians call a myth as there's no historical evidence beyond fiction that it was actually implemented. A lead-in for a non-con/reluctance story if ever there was one.

Allegedly, in Roman days, wealthy ladies would pay to be serviced by gladiators.

History is full of debauchery. All good stuff for stories.

bundling boards and courting dulcimers :)

This is erotic fiction so you can also make up a few of your own for modern day times.

I once wrote one regarding an unwritten rule where it was expected that a celebrity would give her body guards a blowjob on his birthday.

How about the bedding ceremony? It was a medieval custom where the newlyweds had to have sex in public on the first night for their marriage to be considered "valid."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedding_ceremony

My version: In a parallel universe where, until nowadays, that custom was never abolished, in weddings of public figures that are broadcast worldwide, e.g. British royal weddings, even that part is broadcast. So millions if not billions of people on the planet will watch the royal newlyweds consumating their marriage.

You can intercut the sex scene with countless scenes in which various 18 y.o teenagers from around the world jack off in their rooms watching it. If the rules allow it (I think celebrities are allowed), you can even use some real names (cough... Meghan Markle... cough... Kate Middleton... cough).
Watch the political figures restriction if you write such stories. You may not be able to publish them on Lit.

What if it was a cursed/blessed courting dulcimer that made the couple want to fuck all the more? Or maybe a story about how the couple still fucks while playing? Seems like if the woman’s on top it would be perfectly doable

I remember the Norman Lords would claim The Right of the First Night. Where the bride would spend the first night of her marriage with the local Norman Lord, some of the Celts didn't quite like this idea, as I recall.

I remember the Norman Lords would claim The Right of the First Night. Where the bride would spend the first night of her marriage with the local Norman Lord, some of the Celts didn't quite like this idea, as I recall.
Every bride? How many illegitimate children did those lords have?

Barbary pirate raids on places like Baltimore, Ireland, and Iceland for white slaves especially white women. There was a recent novel about the Icelandic raid called. "The Sealwoman's Gift" by Sally Magnuson, but the author pulls her punches. Based on the real experience of a Minister, his wife, and, three children that were captured as a unit; the husband was promptly dispatched to Sweden (Which owned Iceland at the time) for ransom. Then the novel sails into implausibility. The Moor who purchased the family was quite wealthy. Now, what do you think a rich horny black guy is going to do with a fair-haired fair-skinned woman that he literally OWNS? Yeah, he's gonna bang her almost immediately. Instead, Magnuson goes to comical lengths to create an in no way plausible love match between owner and property, The Moor waits an incomprehensible THREE Years before he takes the captive wife to bed! And this occurs because the wife was supposedly assaulted by the captain of the ship who transported them to North Africa and the Moor avenged her. Her first sexual encounter with her owner is one of gratitude for him killing her assailant! Hello! Author, your heroine is literally property in an extremely patriarchal culture! He's NOT her bodyguard -- he owns her body and soul -- LOVE would have NOTHING to do with it! Anyway, piracy for sex slaves would be fun to explore in a story.

Back