“I just want everyone to be happy” (horror idea)

Brandnewbuddy

Really Really Experienced
So I thought this idea up and then realized I effectively did a reverse Tomie. So I guess if you need an a reference imagine if instead of wanting to cause discord and chaos, Tomie wanted to make everyone happy, and instead of being driven to murder her clones, she instead always worked in tandem with them.

Anyway: Office woman is really popular with her coworkers. Inevitably some of them start falling for her…and she reciprocates their feelings…all of them. So soon half the office is dating her even though it should be impossible. She eventually realizes a married coworker is interested in her and she makes the first move on him. He turns her down so she asks if his wife was okay with it, if he would date her. He doesn’t give an answer but comes home that night to her at his home, happily chatting with his wife who is interested in starting a polyamorous relationship. Husband is surprised but happy and sure enough, the three of them begin a relationship.

But husband can’t help but be confused as his coworker is being seen around the city in multiple places simultaneously. Eventually he has to know and discreetly follows her back to her apartment where every tenant is her…and some of them are cocooning their lovers before lowering them into a pit.

Coworker explains: she doesn’t know what she is but she wants everyone to be happy. She takes her lovers to the height of pleasure and then cocoons them so they’ll be locked away in eternal bliss. She also reveals that the pit is actually the mouth of a giant version of herself. That more copies come out of. She tries to get him to understand but he panics and proceeds to burn the building down: the copies not even trying to flee or attack him, they only focus on keeping the flames from getting to the pit.

Next day husband is arrested for arson but there’s no sign of any human remains or the pit. However, he gets a call from his wife While he’s in holding and he can hear his coworker in the background trying to comfort her.

I figure from there it would be an anthology of people encountering the coworker and either being cocooned or having another type of encounter. For example, I thought one story might be a killer who kills the coworker and she keeps showing up at his door, at first to see if she can make him happy but mainly preventing him from killing anyone else. After she realizes he’s too far gone to make happy, she injects him with her cells and he first makes a full confession and goes to jail with a strange smile on his face. By the time he’s executed, they find he’s begun changing into a clone of the coworker

Your imagination to put that together is amazing.

I'm always stunned by the ideas of others, no matter how small. This, though, is on a WHOLE different level!!

Premise of the story sounds phenomenal

Back