Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-04-2014, 09:53 AM   #51
LadyVer
Literotica Guru
 
LadyVer's Avatar
 
LadyVer is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ridunculous
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
I appreciate the two of you "defending" me, but its not necessary.
I figured you were worth defending. Didn't I tell you the creepy landlord deserved to get what was coming to him?
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #52
lovecraft68
Not one of the cool kids
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 17,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVer View Post
I figured you were worth defending. Didn't I tell you the creepy landlord deserved to get what was coming to him?
You did. But sadly all he gets is her just not giving in to him.

Personally I'm a fan of what Abigail's attackers received, but that would not have fit this story.
__________________
The first Literotica tag team competition is underway! Check them out, vote comment and PM me your guesses!

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


The Best 3 minutes of news I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdmtJCEWPA
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #53
JAMESBJOHNSON
TRAILER TRASH KING.
 
JAMESBJOHNSON's Avatar
 
JAMESBJOHNSON is online now
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 41,546
Why does anyone give a shit what A_LITTLE_SLOW likes?
__________________
HALF PURITAN, HALF JESUIT
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #54
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
You did. But sadly all he gets is her just not giving in to him.

Personally I'm a fan of what Abigail's attackers received, but that would not have fit this story.
I see that as less that he gets what coming to him than that she didn't give in. He's less important than she is.

I actually get this a bit in my stories, that certain characters are the "bad" ones (not outright mean, just working somewhat against the protagonist) and they don't get the comeuppance the readers want. But to me it's less about that comeuppance than about the protagonist, male or female, being strong and doing what *they* need to do.

I had a lot of feedback on "Pretending," "Rhythm..." and "Numbers Game" where readers felt certain characters didn't get the desired slap upside the head. Maybe I should revise.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #55
lovecraft68
Not one of the cool kids
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 17,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
I see that as less that he gets what coming to him than that she didn't give in. He's less important than she is.

I actually get this a bit in my stories, that certain characters are the "bad" ones (not outright mean, just working somewhat against the protagonist) and they don't get the comeuppance the readers want. But to me it's less about that comeuppance than about the protagonist, male or female, being strong and doing what *they* need to do.

I had a lot of feedback on "Pretending," "Rhythm..." and "Numbers Game" where readers felt certain characters didn't get the desired slap upside the head. Maybe I should revise.
But when you get into them getting theirs you're delving out of romance. LW is by far the "payback is a bitch" category.

Also for the most part erotica is escapism fantasy and a lot of bad things don't happen because people want to get turned on not shudder(EH exception of course) so the whole Lex Talionis premise to me starts to go down a path of not quite pure erotica.
__________________
The first Literotica tag team competition is underway! Check them out, vote comment and PM me your guesses!

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


The Best 3 minutes of news I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdmtJCEWPA
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #56
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
But when you get into them getting theirs you're delving out of romance. LW is by far the "payback is a bitch" category.

Also for the most part erotica is escapism fantasy and a lot of bad things don't happen because people want to get turned on not shudder(EH exception of course) so the whole Lex Talionis premise to me starts to go down a path of not quite pure erotica.
Oh true but I'm not talking that type of payback.

In R&B, for example, the main character, Ryan, had problems with her father and at one point there's a confrontation. What most readers wanted was a) Ryan to go off on her dad and/or b) her boyfriend to confront him and stand up for her. I did a little of a) but none of b), because I wanted *her* to stand up for herself, not him to do it for her.

When you get into revenge, then yes, you're getting away from erotica. Or could be.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #57
Sunndance07
Really Experienced
 
Sunndance07 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 126
Write one
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #58
evesdream
Literotica Guru
 
evesdream's Avatar
 
evesdream is offline
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: lurksville, ON
Posts: 4,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
Try these, both by the same writer. The first one catches most of your criteria, the second one seems to catch all:
http://www.literotica.com/s/the-desert-night
http://www.literotica.com/s/brass-beds
__________________
precious necessity
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #59
Blind_Justice
Really Experienced
 
Blind_Justice's Avatar
 
Blind_Justice is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cyberspace, the final frontier
Posts: 299
Shameless plug: My Leo and the Dragon story gets a checkmark on each of your criteria It's no stroke-friendly quickie, though.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #60
A_Little_Show
Really Experienced
 
A_Little_Show is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Between your ears or mine (I forget which)
Posts: 237
Wink

Circling back around to my original question: I read this one today. http://www.literotica.com/s/little-flippy-skirt

I enjoyed it, and a few minutes later, I thought, "Oh - yeah. That's what I was looking for." It met all my criteria
__________________
Tell me if you enjoyed my story, and particularly tell me if it aroused you. That's the reason I write.
My Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #61
sexnovella
Really Experienced
 
sexnovella's Avatar
 
sexnovella is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 113
Post Read any of my stories

I usually write realistic and nice stories
__________________
Mr P
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #62
redzinger
Really Experienced
 
redzinger is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: London
Posts: 231
I fall down on 5 & 11.
__________________
I like rugby, and rugby men. Can you tell? http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions

My Valentine's Day Story Contest 2014 entry:
http://www.literotica.com/s/playing-power-games (BDSM)
Please vote & comment. I love comments.

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #63
polcam
Experienced
 
polcam is offline
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 31
I like that list

I've read though this thread and made some notes for future reading. Basically, you're looking for stories with a basic, normal, male. I enjoy stories depicting this type of male because I can relate to them, and the story comes alive. I hate it when the male character deviates from normalcy and makes foolish decisions and just follows his cock. Or, he descends into depravity and his alter ego takes over, creating devastation in his path.

I've written a few stories, though the main character may be a little too cautious (wimpy?)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
__________________
--------------------

Stories: http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.