Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 01-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
A_Little_Show
Really Experienced
 
A_Little_Show is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Between your ears or mine (I forget which)
Posts: 237
Question Wanted: Positive Male Sexuality

I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
__________________
Tell me if you enjoyed my story, and particularly tell me if it aroused you. That's the reason I write.
My Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
You could try this one from me.

The male character has his shit together and is not a perv, bad boy, super stud, or on the make so to speak. He does have a little baggage but it is not found out until near the end and I would not classify it as emotionally damaged. His issue lends well to the story.

It is in mature and the male is much older so if that is a turn off then maybe you won;t like it. It is the younger woman who eventually takes it to the next level however.

http://www.literotica.com/s/karma-7
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
soflabbwlvr
Prescription Strength
 
soflabbwlvr's Avatar
 
soflabbwlvr is offline
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twenty minutes away
Posts: 3,237
I have one that avoids most of those points. Foursome in the Mud. Much of the story does involve your issue #5, so it might not be what you are looking for.
__________________
Too much is still not enough

Deep Undercover

Pussy Rules
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
A_Little_Show
Really Experienced
 
A_Little_Show is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Between your ears or mine (I forget which)
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
You could try this one from me.

The male character has his shit together and is not a perv, bad boy, super stud, or on the make so to speak. He does have a little baggage but it is not found out until near the end and I would not classify it as emotionally damaged. His issue lends well to the story.

It is in mature and the male is much older so if that is a turn off then maybe you won;t like it. It is the younger woman who eventually takes it to the next level however.

http://www.literotica.com/s/karma-7
Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.
__________________
Tell me if you enjoyed my story, and particularly tell me if it aroused you. That's the reason I write.
My Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 AM   #5
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.
Try reading past that part. It sets the tone for the entire story and the girl ends up telling the guy to fuck off.

You also mentioned "the male" as in the male interest not every character in the story.

Maybe you should have some patience.

Last edited by lovecraft68 : 01-03-2014 at 10:14 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
I actually think just about all of mine would satisfy those requirements. I find I can't write men as you describe, unless they are some kind of secondary character or an outright villain.

If you do read any, I might suggest you start with the lighter ones, like "Christmas Creep" (the title is a bit misleading, sorry; it's not about someone who is a creep), "Unexpected Gifts," "The Relationship Business" (perhaps not my best but I think it's fun), and for non-holiday ones, you could try "Silver, Blue & Gold," and "Make a Wish" (my earliest, probably with many flaws, but hey...).

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #7
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.
Finish the story. I've read it. It's not what you think from that first bit. And no, that particular part isn't meant to be positive, just an example of a bad person.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #8
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Finish the story. I've read it. It's not what you think from that first bit. And no, that particular part isn't meant to be positive, just an example of a bad person.
Thanks.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
LadyVer
Cat Fancier
 
LadyVer's Avatar
 
LadyVer is offline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ridunculous
Posts: 15,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.
I liked LC's Karma story. LC has a way with character description. Pretty realistic, and the story has a few humorous scenes as well. LC's stories that are non-femdom and M-F tend to be romantic, and lighter reading, which is a nice change from a lot of Lit stories. But you have to read past the nicotine-stained creeps at the beginning.

Last edited by LadyVer : 01-03-2014 at 10:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #10
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Thanks.
Quite welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVer View Post
I liked LC's Karma story. LC has a way with character description. Pretty realistic, and the story has a few humorous scenes as well. LC's stories that are non-femdom and M-F tend to be romantic, and lighter reading, which is a nice change from a lot of Lit stories. But you have to read past the nicotine-stained creeps at the beginning.
It's always a good idea to read past the nicotine-stained creeps, don't you think?

But I agree. Many stories start out with a bad situation, at least bad for the main character(s) and goes up from there. It provides a starting point and a contrast for later good situations. You need to put a little faith in the writer, but how much is up to you. (My limit is usually, in print at least, 150 pages.)
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #11
jezzaz
Really Experienced
 
jezzaz is offline
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
Quite welcome.



It's always a good idea to read past the nicotine-stained creeps, don't you think?

But I agree. Many stories start out with a bad situation, at least bad for the main character(s) and goes up from there. It provides a starting point and a contrast for later good situations. You need to put a little faith in the writer, but how much is up to you. (My limit is usually, in print at least, 150 pages.)
150 pages!?!??!? Holy crap, you are way more lenient than I am. If I last 30 pages in something I think is bad, that's a miracle.

In video games, we have this thing called The First 15 Minutes - where you have to capture the players interest in the game within 15 minutes of them putting the cartridge in, putting the disc in or starting the game on IOS. You literally have that long before they lose interest and go try something else.

So you can't spend it in menu's, deciding a character name and hair style. And what you show them had better a) wow them and b) be indicative of what the rest of the game is. If you give them a fantastic first 15 minutes and then the gameplay of the rest of the game isn't up to that standard, it's just as bad as giving them shit for the first 15 and holding all your great stuff for the middle.

I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is. I don't have to do anything, and if you, the author, is relying on that, then you've failed. It's your job to keep me interested - if you've billed a story a specific way, and it takes pages and pages before it gets to that, then yeah, I'd say you've failed, because quite a lot of readers will have gravitated away before it gets to that. All you've really accomplished is to disaffect a lot of readers, who haven't read 'the good bit' and almost certainly never will, nor will they give you the chance again. I'll never read another page by Dan Brown, for example.

It's entirely possible for authors to be too clever by half. I have no idea if that is the case here, since I've not read it. My point is more generic than specific I think.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
150 pages!?!??!? Holy crap, you are way more lenient than I am. If I last 30 pages in something I think is bad, that's a miracle.
I'm not sure how I came to that conclusion. I just noticed at one point that if the book hadn't gotten me by about p150, then it woudn't. And some of it is just me, in that I hate to give up on a book. I was never a big Anne McCaffrey fan, for example, but I read many of her books because I kept thinking the next one would get me. OTOH, I never got past p150 in the three times I attempted to read "The Hunt for Red October."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is. I don't have to do anything, and if you, the author, is relying on that, then you've failed. It's your job to keep me interested - if you've billed a story a specific way, and it takes pages and pages before it gets to that, then yeah, I'd say you've failed, because quite a lot of readers will have gravitated away before it gets to that. All you've really accomplished is to disaffect a lot of readers, who haven't read 'the good bit' and almost certainly never will, nor will they give you the chance again. I'll never read another page by Dan Brown, for example.
God willing, neither will I on that last bit. Although sometimes there's that morbid curiosity...

Anyway. While I agree that the author needs to snag the reader, I also think if a reader is looking for something particular, then they need to give a story a chance. In this particular instance, with LC's story, the story starts off with this situation and (I believe) it is supposed to make you sympathize with or root for the main character because she, in fact, does *not* give in to the extortion.

Many if not most stories do *not* start off with exactly what the plot is or what the reader is looking for or thinks it may be about. The author has to set things up. So again, in this case with the OP looking for stories with good portrayals of men and male sexuality, yes, you do need to go past the first scene. I'm not saying you have to like it but you do need to put things in some context.

Now if the reader finds that scene objectionable or boring on other counts, that's different.

I see this as a bit of a two-way street, I guess. Yes, the author needs to interest me. But I also need to have some faith in the author to get where they're going. I have limits there, but I will give a little benefit of the doubt.

But not to Dan Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
It's entirely possible for authors to be too clever by half. I have no idea if that is the case here, since I've not read it. My point is more generic than specific I think.
That's not the case here, but I do get your point. There's nothing overly clever (and I mean that in a good way) about this story opening. It's not meant to subvert expectations or whatever. It's just the first scene where you meet your main character and find out what she's made of.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #13
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
150 pages!?!??!? Holy crap, you are way more lenient than I am. If I last 30 pages in something I think is bad, that's a miracle.

In video games, we have this thing called The First 15 Minutes - where you have to capture the players interest in the game within 15 minutes of them putting the cartridge in, putting the disc in or starting the game on IOS. You literally have that long before they lose interest and go try something else.

So you can't spend it in menu's, deciding a character name and hair style. And what you show them had better a) wow them and b) be indicative of what the rest of the game is. If you give them a fantastic first 15 minutes and then the gameplay of the rest of the game isn't up to that standard, it's just as bad as giving them shit for the first 15 and holding all your great stuff for the middle.

I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is. I don't have to do anything, and if you, the author, is relying on that, then you've failed. It's your job to keep me interested - if you've billed a story a specific way, and it takes pages and pages before it gets to that, then yeah, I'd say you've failed, because quite a lot of readers will have gravitated away before it gets to that. All you've really accomplished is to disaffect a lot of readers, who haven't read 'the good bit' and almost certainly never will, nor will they give you the chance again. I'll never read another page by Dan Brown, for example.

It's entirely possible for authors to be too clever by half. I have no idea if that is the case here, since I've not read it. My point is more generic than specific I think.

Video games and books are apples and oranges.

Video games are about doing something, you play a video game. So yes it needs to get off and running because the average video game player, especially kids, have the attention span of a gnat unless they are being constantly stimulated.

Reading is about relaxing and escaping into a story. If a story gets off and running too quickly its not that much of a story, especially in erotica where the trick is you know these people are going to hook up(or it would not be erotica) but how do they get there?

I have two stories that I would call romances although they are both in mature. One is 8 pages one is 7

Both are 4.85 and in the top ten all time in Mature.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, I write the way I write and no one has to read it.

My wife is a motivational speaker and has a book published whose tag line "The Joy is in the Journey" and that is how I feel about reading/writing. movies and I guess you can toss video games in there as well is for me, I enjoy a long interesting ride, not an abrupt "ta-da"

But for this discussion I feel the OP jumped the gun a bit that scene is over fairly quick and the perv never gets what he wants.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #14
elfin_odalisque
Literotica Guru
 
elfin_odalisque's Avatar
 
elfin_odalisque is offline
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: if I'm not all there, I must be here.
Posts: 5,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
I tried that with my 'Cathy' Stories -that I'm going to finish this year. I think I ticked most of your boxes.
__________________
Elfin's Emissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #15
HarryHill
butter favored
 
HarryHill's Avatar
 
HarryHill is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 7 miles from Backwater
Posts: 3,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
As a matter of fact there is with the exception of number 2.
Meet Harry Hill and 'Chosen Mate'
let me know what you think.
__________________
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."- Pliny the Elder
"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."- The Budda
"I'll never be a poet" - The Harry
"You are not the whim of a careless creator, experimenting in the laboratory of life... you were made with a purpose"."-Og Mandino
well buttered
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 34,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
I think books are exactly the same. The concept that "You need to give it a chance" or "You need to read past that, because then it gets good" is BS. It just is.
Not really. The fiction arc involves setting a dilemma. Many dilemmas are pretty rough. You may encounter a lot of stories that set backstory or mood or character before the dilemma, but that isn't necessarily good--and it isn't the current trend in writing storylines that do well in the marketplace. Typically now you start with action, involving either the main dilemma or a minor one. So the start of a story currently popular in the marketplace very likely will start out in the rough.

I give a book more than 150 pages to pan out. I almost always finish it no matter how unimpressed I am with it. Otherwise it can't go on the completed list, and, since I've been in a competition with my wife since before we got married on annual listed book reads, once started, a book really has to be a dud for me to put it down.
__________________
______________________



Last edited by sr71plt : 01-03-2014 at 12:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #17
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Not really. The fiction arc involves setting a dilemma. Many dilemmas are pretty rough. You may encounter a lot of stories that set backstory or mood or character before the dilemma, but that isn't necessarily good--and it isn't the current trend in writing storylines that do well in the marketplace. Typically now you start with action, involving either the main dilemma or a minor one. So the start of a story currently popular in the marketplace very likely will start out in the rough.

I give a book more than 150 pages to pan out. I almost always finish it no matter how unimpressed I am with it. Otherwise it can't go on the completed list, and, since I've been in a competition with my wife since before we got married on annual listed book reads, once started, a book really has to be a dud for me to put it down.
Who's winning?

I did something similar with my sister for a long time. But we had the added rule that we would pick books for each other in an attempt to get the other to not be able to finish(rule was you had to read the book you recommended though so there could be a test if there was ever doubt) and would force myself through things to get "credit"

Until Anne Rice's Tales of the Body thief.

I remember throwing the book across the room and yelling, "Fine you win."
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
HarryHill
butter favored
 
HarryHill's Avatar
 
HarryHill is offline
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: 7 miles from Backwater
Posts: 3,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Who's winning?

I did something similar with my sister for a long time. But we had the added rule that we would pick books for each other in an attempt to get the other to not be able to finish(rule was you had to read the book you recommended though so there could be a test if there was ever doubt) and would force myself through things to get "credit"

Until Anne Rice's Tales of the Body thief.

I remember throwing the book across the room and yelling, "Fine you win."
Ha!
__________________
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written; in writing what deserves to be read."- Pliny the Elder
"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world."- The Budda
"I'll never be a poet" - The Harry
"You are not the whim of a careless creator, experimenting in the laboratory of life... you were made with a purpose"."-Og Mandino
well buttered
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
Arabsemen
Experienced
 
Arabsemen is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I've worked myself into a bad mental place. I need to read a story or stories with the following characteristics:

1) The male character is not a jerk, wimp, or rapist
2) The male character is not mentally or emotionally broken
3) The male character is not cuckolded
4) The male character has satisfying sex
5) Pursuit of the woman is not a major component of the story
6) The woman is satisfied and lustful for the male character
7) Male sexuality is not depicted as depraved, perverted, dirty, or threatening
8) The male character is not a fool
9) The male character is not a parody (no Casanova or Conan or Prince Charming or Superman)
10) Sexual double standard is not the primary plot driver
11) The male character is not a mere accessory for the female in the spotlight.

Does such a story exist at Literotica? Of course it does. I've written a few (poorly received). I need to read more, but I've had a run of bad luck with stories that leave me irrationally mad at the whole male gender. I need some stories that treat male sexuality and sexual satisfaction in a wholesome sex-positive way.

Any suggested stories?
I recently submitted my the first chapter of my first post and the whole story pretty much fits what you are looking for. As a generally rule, I think of myself as being much more sensual than sexual and yes, many would perceive me to be somewhat kinky.

For me, life is not about domination or submission and so I don't think of sex in that light either. I do agree that much of what is passed off as erotic is really just about power with sex as the medium. I have found much here though that is not and have been rewarded with some good reads.

One last point, calling another, be he/she an author or not, an asshole really accomplishes nothing.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #20
A_Little_Show
Really Experienced
 
A_Little_Show is offline
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Between your ears or mine (I forget which)
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
Are you an asshole? Page 1 about a fat alcoholic nicotine stained landlord attempting to extort sexual favors from a desperate tenant using aggression. That was supposed to be a positive depiction of male sexuality?

I'm going to assume her knight in shining armor is about to show up and rescue her, but I won't read anymore because you just pissed me off recommending a story the exact opposite of what I asked to read.
I read the rest of the story. It was very sweet. It did suffer a little of the "super man" cliche:

She is 20, slender beautiful, able to keep a near perfect grade point average while homeless and working extra shifts. She is called a "good girl" at least a dozen times.

He is mid 40s but already mostly gray. He is rich. He is fit from running. He is kind and generous to a fault working in a homeless shelter, etc. And she is the only thing that can cure him - but only if she is bold and takes the reigns of a sexual re-awakening.

I'm sorry for calling the author an asshole, but he did recommend a a page of sexual assault description to someone with a head in a bad place regarding men.
__________________
Tell me if you enjoyed my story, and particularly tell me if it aroused you. That's the reason I write.
My Stories
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #21
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I read the rest of the story. It was very sweet. It did suffer a little of the "super man" cliche:

She is 20, slender beautiful, able to keep a near perfect grade point average while homeless and working extra shifts. She is called a "good girl" at least a dozen times.

He is mid 40s but already mostly gray. He is rich. He is fit from running. He is kind and generous to a fault working in a homeless shelter, etc. And she is the only thing that can cure him - but only if she is bold and takes the reigns of a sexual re-awakening.

I'm sorry for calling the author an asshole, but he did recommend a a page of sexual assault description to someone with a head in a bad place regarding men.
Thanks for giving it a chance. On some of the points that seemed to emphasized it was originally part of a contest where certain elements had to be featured.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 05:02 PM   #22
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Little_Show View Post
I'm sorry for calling the author an asshole, but he did recommend a a page of sexual assault description to someone with a head in a bad place regarding men.
No story is going to have everything you want without a little of what you don't, or could do without.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 05:20 PM   #23
EvvyFontaine
Virgin
 
EvvyFontaine is offline
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennLady View Post
No story is going to have everything you want without a little of what you don't, or could do without.
I understand being upset though if your head is in a bad place and you want something sweet and fluffy to get you in a good mood again... And the very first page triggers all the bad thoughts you didn't want to deal with and does the opposite of relaxing you. The is a reason this user asked for a specific kind of story and I see why they got upset when it seemed like someone purposely recommended the complete opposite thing.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #24
PennLady
Literotica Guru
 
PennLady's Avatar
 
PennLady is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvvyFontaine View Post
I understand being upset though if your head is in a bad place and you want something sweet and fluffy to get you in a good mood again... And the very first page triggers all the bad thoughts you didn't want to deal with and does the opposite of relaxing you. The is a reason this user asked for a specific kind of story and I see why they got upset when it seemed like someone purposely recommended the complete opposite thing.
Okay, but I still think you need a thicker skin for things like this. The author knew what the OP wanted and suggested a story. If it had been me, and I'd run into this on the first page, I would have assumed (because I'm an optimist, I guess) that this was some kind of set up to lead me into what I did want. I would have read more, since this was a specific request and recommendation. If I didn't see a change to what I wanted within a limit of some sort, I'd stop.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #25
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 19,250
Edited to say never mind, not worth it.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.