Old 12-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #126
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughtius Maximus View Post
My girlfriend told me that "girl talk" was mostly about the size of men's dicks.
Maybe hers is. My girl talk isn't. We're not the Borg.

Quote:
Burst my bubble, and tell me you're not all shallow cunts?

Because that would be depressing.
See above.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #127
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Am intrigued by this Lancome mascara.

I use one by Mally and it's lovely. I have one by Guerlain which is fab too. Its a duel one, one end a normal mascara and the other just a foam brush to paint on like a black gloss OVER the mascara. Makes my lashes look like black widow spider legs.

All the Mally stuff I've tried has been lovely. Hair wise I like Redken, the Allsoft one for blondes I've stuck with for a few years now.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM   #128
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Oh and I fucking hate lipstick. Can't stand the feel of the stuff.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #129
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata Morgana View Post
Am intrigued by this Lancome mascara.

I use one by Mally and it's lovely. I have one by Guerlain which is fab too. Its a duel one, one end a normal mascara and the other just a foam brush to paint on like a black gloss OVER the mascara. Makes my lashes look like black widow spider legs.

All the Mally stuff I've tried has been lovely. Hair wise I like Redken, the Allsoft one for blondes I've stuck with for a few years now.
Me too! I use this one:

I've tried Lancome Hypnose, but it always flakes like crazy on me.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #130
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
Me too! I use this one:

I've tried Lancome Hypnose, but it always flakes like crazy on me.

Yeah that's the one I use!

Aah, I shall stick with Mally then. Have you tried her anti shine stuff, can't remember the name, comes in a pink compact and it's like a matte creme (looks like vaseline!), really does work.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #131
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Yeah that's the one I use!

Aah, I shall stick with Mally then. Have you tried her anti shine stuff, can't remember the name, comes in a pink compact and it's like a matte creme (looks like vaseline!), really does work.
No, I haven't! Gonna goo look now... Thanks!

Have you tried Blinc mascara? If you like really separated-looking, defined lashes, it's great. Lasts all day, and comes off easier than any mascara I've ever used. BUT my lashes are really sparse, so I need more volume than it gives.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #132
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Is it this one?

Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #133
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
No, I haven't! Gonna goo look now... Thanks!

Have you tried Blinc mascara? If you like really separated-looking, defined lashes, it's great. Lasts all day, and comes off easier than any mascara I've ever used. BUT my lashes are really sparse, so I need more volume than it gives.
Never heard of Blinc - don't think we have it over here. I'm lucky in that I have super long thick lashes, I just need to blacken 'em up. My mate bought me a Chanel mascara once and it was fucking shit. I think I'll stick with the Mally one, or if ready to splash out that fancy one from Guerlain again. I love Guerlain stuff, especially the old perfumes like Jicky and Mitsouko. I still buy those.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #134
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
Is it this one?

Think so! Mine looks like this.

http://www.qvc.com/Mally-Poreless-Fa...t.A199513.html

Old 12-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #135
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

I dab it on under or over makeup, just in the t-zone and I tell you, you're matte as fuck for ages.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #136
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

This is the Guerlain dual one. Not as expensive as I thought.

http://www.yesstyle.co.uk/en/info.ht...FRLMtAodwmkAcg

Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #137
Mischka
Ms Snooby Pants

All of the makeup talk overwhelms me. I've jotted down the various miracle creams and potions I've read about here and there, but the momentum is gone well before I get to a store that would carry the stuff, and going into a makeup mecca like Sephora sends me into a panic. Right now I'm relying on the leftovers and free samples I found when I reorganized my bathroom cabinet. I would love for someone to just buy the right stuff for me. And then put it on me. I'm awful at application too.

Quote:
My girlfriend told me that "girl talk" was mostly about the size of men's dicks.
Without soliciting this information whatsoever, I am aware of several men in my various social circles with well-above-average cocks, in length, girth, or both. I've never seen any of these penises in person, so I can't independently confirm, but I suppose their dicks are so outside the norm that their various partners have felt compelled to share their joyous discoveries, and then those initial confidants pass it along to others, etc. Nary a word is whispered about anyone outside of this category. So whenever I encounter one of these whispered-about gentleman, I admit I think, "Oh, it's Coke can!" or "There's the cervix slammer!"

Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #138
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Never heard of Blinc - don't think we have it over here. I'm lucky in that I have super long thick lashes, I just need to blacken 'em up. My mate bought me a Chanel mascara once and it was fucking shit. I think I'll stick with the Mally one, or if ready to splash out that fancy one from Guerlain again. I love Guerlain stuff, especially the old perfumes like Jicky and Mitsouko. I still buy those.
Yeah, I have to say - I'm not always that into with designer clothes brands' attempts at cosmetics. Sometimes it's good - like when the brand really puts effort into their formulations - but other times it's the name you pay for rather than the ingredients.

But it sounds like Blinc might work really for your lashes.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #139
JohnnySavage
scapolo

So many Christmas gift ideas for the Ladies of Lit in here!

Expect a drone delivery in 5-10 years.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #140
butters
Harry's Girl

Quote:
oh my freakin' god, only my favourite perfume ever! had a bottle once and never had it since - it was an old bottle, with a rose-shaped glass stopper - the actual perfume, not a spray. i want some more.

this was its box http://www.hellcandy.com/wp-content/...itsuko-box.jpg

this is the top of the bottle - http://img3.etsystatic.com/006/1/685...04463_rsii.jpg

hang on, let me see if i can find a pic of the whole thing

What strange machinery lies between her ears
HarryHill

'tender hearted...

Last edited by butters : 12-02-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #141
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
Yeah, I have to say - I'm not always that into with designer clothes brands' attempts at cosmetics. Sometimes it's good - like when the brand really puts effort into their formulations - but other times it's the name you pay for rather than the ingredients.

But it sounds like Blinc might work really for your lashes.
She's obsessed with Chanel, but she's a bit of a designer whore. She bought me some Chanel nail varnish and it was chipped in a day. Good ole Rimmel over here is the best nail varnish and it's one of our "cheaper brands".

Does anyone remember Charles of the Ritz? They were my first "posh" make up brand. I thought I was the shit in that.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #142
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Quote:
I dab it on under or over makeup, just in the t-zone and I tell you, you're matte as fuck for ages.
OOOH I need this in my life!

Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #143
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
oh my freakin' god, only my favourite perfume ever! had a bottle once and never had it since - it was an old bottle, with a rose-shaped glass stopper - the actual perfume, not a spray. i want some more.

this was its box http://www.hellcandy.com/wp-content/...itsuko-box.jpg
I love it too! On my dressing table I have Mitsouko and Jicky both. I couldn't find Jicky for a long time round here so my mate got it for me from London. I looked at some of the vintage bottles of Guerlain stuff online a while back and they were beautiful.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #144
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

*covets*

Old 12-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #145
butters
Harry's Girl

Quote:
I love it too! On my dressing table I have Mitsouko and Jicky both. I couldn't find Jicky for a long time round here so my mate got it for me from London. I looked at some of the vintage bottles of Guerlain stuff online a while back and they were beautiful.
found it - this is the bottle my perfume was in - i should look see if i still have it. 24 just for the bottle? and it's from the 60's, something else i didn't know, just it was not 'new'.

never heard of Jicky - what sort of notes?

HarryHill

'tender hearted...

Old 12-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #146
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

This intrigues me. It'll either be truly gorgeous, or truly vile.

http://www.vagabondprince.com/

The idea of it is gorgeous.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #147
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
found it - this is the bottle my perfume was in - i should look see if i still have it. 24 just for the bottle? and it's from the 60's, something else i didn't know, just it was not 'new'.

never heard of Jicky - what sort of notes?
Oh Christ I dunno. Someone once described it like decaying flesh, that said it's Sean Connery's fave and Bardot used to wear it! I just can't describe it. But it's a Marmite of perfumes for sure.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #148
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Bit poncey this...

Refreshing and decayed, sweet and bitter, Jicky is both a rakish eau de cologne and a feminine delight of the patisserie.

As brilliantly as it evokes the patisserie, Jicky suggests the boudoir or the toilette with its rich floral notes and animalic base. Jicky's lasting appeal is in its metamorphosis from clean to sweet to effulgent and ribald. It begins with the bright astringency of lavender, lemon, mandarin, and bergamot of an English garden then stoops to the round, sumptuous accords of orris, jasmine, patchouli, rose, vetiver and a base of leather, amber, civet, tonka, incense, and benzoin.

Fans get rabid about what formulation of Jicky is best -- eau de toilette, eau de parfum and parfum, to name the most common weights. It is a matter of taste, with people of taste generally falling in lock step after the scenterati to prefer the parfum or extrait for its depth, balance and the richness of its animalic notes. I adore the parfum, but the eau de toilette has an herbal brightness that highlights the Englishness of the composition neatly.

In Jicky we breathe elemental smells: the freshness of nature, the sweet luxury of pastry, as well as the intimate smells of sex and the profane airs of what we leave behind.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #149
Fata Morgana
Deckel Edged

Basically then, an English garden with a hint of rotting corpse with top notes of dirty shag.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #150
butters
Harry's Girl

Quote:
*covets*

Quote:
Oh Christ I dunno. Someone once described it like decaying flesh, that said it's Sean Connery's fave and Bardot used to wear it! I just can't describe it. But it's a Marmite of perfumes for sure.
"Jicky is a magical fragrance that blends sparkling top notes with warm and delicate base notes. At the time of its creation, women may have found Jicky puzzling, but men adopted it immediately. Today, this fresh and vigorous fragrance is the delight of women and men alike."

sounds like they've changed the recipe then

HarryHill

'tender hearted...