Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #51
Wings
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
Red lipstick. Which shade for my fair, freckled complexion. Links please.
Also: boobs.
Where is bg when we need her???

Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #52
evesdream
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRose View Post
She's brilliant.
"dear male species...when was the last time you glued something on your face?"

Old 11-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #53
MeekMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRose View Post
Tea tree oil just smells horrible.
I like the scent, it is strong though.

Rose water makes a nice moisturizer as well. I like to spritz with it in summer time because it's cooling.

Sometimes, I wish I was an evil genius. Maybe a little taller, too.

The song I'm enjoying this week: I'm a Lady -Santigold

Old 11-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #54
Noor
Sorrowing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdream View Post
I love her! I was hesitant to post this, but...
What A Girl's Makeup Means
That is hysterical! So I am not interested in guys, cool!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #55
AllyRose
Fuck Kindles

http://www.motivescosmetics.com/inde...prodID=3076718

Old 11-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #56
Noor
Sorrowing...

Do you guys use shampoo much and how often do you condition? or get your hair cut?

This is so cool, most of my friends are guys, and sci fi girls.
I have curly hair uncolored hair.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #57
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Totally got me all hawt that indie and cjh were in the lady lounge. :naughty:
Me too.

And then it got me all hawt that you called it the lady lounge :iamalsonaughty:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor View Post
I like lipstick if I can share it and sex in full clown makeup can be fun I sometimes wear makeup with my Steampunk costumes to look more period. I already very fair skin.

I have tried Vanicream and it felt too heavy. I have to search out sunscreens for my face because I only wear physical ones and most are uncomfortable. Right now I am using CeraVe face lotion 50. For the rest of me I am using Banana Boat kids fragrance free 50 physical sunscreen

I tend to wear old perfumes that were developed before I was born, I am allergic to many of the newer ones mainly because of the carrier and how they are made. I have a very good sense of smell and used to be able to smell if a perfume had real musk in it or not. I did some work as a nose during college.

New standards by French law and so most french perfumes had to be reformulated. It's pretty ridiculous, they banned an amazing number of ingredients. Which should put the French Perfume industry out of business soon. I am thinking the middle east would be the place to set up shop as a perfumer. My favorites have changed and it makes me very sad.
I went to a steampunk festival they had here and it was great! Beautiful costumes, and there were jewelry vendors selling necklaces that I absolutely fell in love with. I am a sucker for a trinket on a chain.

I can't believe you did work as a nose! That's so cool. My sense of smell is probably just normal, but I have fun guessing which different notes went into a perfume.

I didn't realize the change was so recent! Awh, well I'm sorry about your favorites changing on you. I hate that. It's happened to a few things I liked when they were bought out by a bigger company, but they try and makes the changes slowly, so no one will notice. I notice! You bastards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeekMe View Post
Thought I'd post some fun stuff here.

Spot treatment: tea tree oil, this stuff works wonders

Need to moisturize and smooth skin? Mix olive oil and brown sugar for a scrub you can use everywhere. I make a tiny bit and scrub my lips before putting dark lipstick on. Makes for a smooth surface (^ω^)

I like home made treatments because they're inexpensive and can be made easily. No trip to the department store needed.
I used a tea tree and mint shampoo once. It made me so tingly! And freezing!

Thank you for the tips! I love homemade remedies, too. So many off the self products just have so many ingredients, and I think it can be confusing for your skin. Like fragrances in face lotions - I don't need that. I don't want perfume soaking into my face.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #58
Sinny
boobs of wisdom

I refuse to use my mind again until bg shows up to tell us what to do. Because we always do what she tells us to do. She is the boss of us.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #59
AllyRose
Fuck Kindles

Quote:
I refuse to use my mind again until bg shows up to tell us what to do. Because we always do what she tells us to do. She is the boss of us.
I post'd a recommendation...

Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #60
Noor
Sorrowing...

Olive oil seems to stain my skin, so I am trying grape seed oil. Have used apricot and almond oil too.

I like Karma Sutra massage oil and also I use Arnica oil. Karma Sutra Honey dust is amazing and very soothing, plus its edible. The feather applicator has a variety of uses as well

Old 11-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #61
Noor
Sorrowing...

Quote:
No one is the boss of me, much to the dismay of certain gentlemen on lit

Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #62
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Do you guys use shampoo much and how often do you condition? or get your hair cut?

This is so cool, most of my friends are guys, and sci fi girls.
I have curly hair uncolored hair.
Ohh, this is interesting. I hear stories from people who claim they only shampoo once a month, and I can't imagine that. I shampoo and condition once every two days. I go through conditioner about twice as quickly as I go through shampoo. I get my hair cut three to four times a year. It's a pretty simply cut, long and layered, so it grows out well and just needs a trim every once in a while.

Sometimes it's curly and sometimes it's wavy and sometimes I blow it out straight. I colored it darker and redder once because I thought it would be fun, and it was, but I like my hair color so it never really occurs to me to change it. Sometimes I want crazy-colored hair, though, like neon purple.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #63
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Olive oil seems to stain my skin, so I am trying grape seed oil. Have used apricot and almond oil too.

I like Karma Sutra massage oil and also I use Arnica oil. Karma Sutra Honey dust is amazing and very soothing, plus its edible. The feather applicator has a variety of uses as well
I need that applicator!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:37 PM   #64
Lorilei
Carpe Fucking Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelia View Post
Ohh, this is interesting. I hear stories from people who claim they only shampoo once a month, and I can't imagine that. I shampoo and condition once every two days. I go through conditioner about twice as quickly as I go through shampoo. I get my hair cut three to four times a year. It's a pretty simply cut, long and layered, so it grows out well and just needs a trim every once in a while.

Sometimes it's curly and sometimes it's wavy and sometimes I blow it out straight. I colored it darker and redder once because I thought it would be fun, and it was, but I like my hair color so it never really occurs to me to change it. Sometimes I want crazy-colored hair, though, like neon purple.
Are you me?

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert

Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #65
Noor
Sorrowing...

Quote:

I usually just condition it every time I shower, I use conditioner like shampoo and nothing with any silicones in it (-cone endings). I wash my hair with a gentle shampoo if it's really dirty or to get the stuff my hair stylist puts in it out.

I used to get my hair cut every 6-8 weeks religiously, I would schedule it a year in advance so I wouldn't have to think about it. I haven't cut it in a year and that is starting to be a problem as it mats easily right now and it's really long.

I do this not hair cutting every 5 or 6 years for about 1 yr to 18 months, I don't plan it, it just happens until I get sick of it.

I had it highlighted years ago for a bit with a friend because it was fun but now that I am starting to get some gray it kind of highlights itself. I am on my 4th round of antibiotics in the past month or so, so I imagine some will fall out or it will thin.
At this point I don't really give a damn, I wear hats most of the time anyway.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #66
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilei View Post
Are you me?
I wish! If I were you, I'd be masturbating right now.

Hair twins!

Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #67
Lorilei
Carpe Fucking Diem

Quote:
I wish! If I were you, I'd be masturbating right now.

Hair twins!

“If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.”
― Stephen Colbert

Old 11-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #68
Noor
Sorrowing...

Quote:
I need that applicator!
I save them and the bag when the dust runs out, it works on blindfolded guys nicely too

Old 11-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #69
Noor
Sorrowing...

Hey Wings! It's our birthday week!
Happy Birthday to us!

Old 11-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #70
Laurel
Kitty Mama

this thread!!

Up until a few years ago, I was a pretty basic low-maintenance kind of girl. My circumstances changed and I found myself slowly evolving into a girly-girl hoochie mama. Before, I get my hair cut like twice a year (I wear it up so I never noticed the ends), would throw on a small amount of not-especially well-matched makeup, maybe a massage here and there. Nowadays it's monthly facials, hair cut & color ever 6 weeks, waxings, IPL, nails, etc. And I really love it. It's tons of fun, all this girlie shit. Don't get me wrong - I still wear sneakers and boots. I'm not a pinheels and suits sort of girl. But all the makeup and hair and products and such are a kick in the pants for me.

I really really love Dermalogica. In the summer I use their boosters, which are basically ultra-light moisturizers. You literally use 4 drops all over your face, and two on your neck. My skin is dryish, so I was skeptical at first, but now I can't imagine going back to the heavy cream slather I used before. I use an eye cream beneath the eyes, then I used to top it off with their waterless moisturizers which actually works as a primer.

Lately, I've been forgoing that last step for this:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod5140087
which is WONDERFUL. It gives your skin a very smooth appearance, helps foundation go on more smoothly, and contains a very good sunscreen. Also acts as a barrier to keep pollutants away from your skin. Love love love

In the winter, I do use a night cream - Dermalogica intensive moisture balance. I just pat it lightly over my face and neck after shower.

I use their daily exfoliant as my morning cleanser. It's basically a powder which you wet, then rub all over your face. It's a very mild product that smooths the skin, rids it of the flakies and such that make your complexion look dull.

A trick I learned a few years back is shaving my face. I was starting to get that old-lady light fuzz, which made my skin look a little less smooth. I use a regular Mach III razor once a week with a new blade. So I basically change the blade, exfoliate (Dermalogica multivitamin thermafoliant FTW! An awesome product! Use twice a week or so), then use shaving cream and shave my face and neck, avoiding my undereyes and nose. Rinse, then apply a light moisturizer afterwards. Skin looks airbrushed! I've read that if you have very oily skin and are prone to breakouts that shaving the face may not be a good idea. You may want to try it on a test patch if you've got nice moist skin.

I've been having IPL hair removal on my lower legs, armpits, and bikini area. It only removes dark hairs, and works best when there's a big color difference between your skin tone and the hair color. It's painless and cheaper than laser, though it takes multiple sessions. I'm pretty much hair-free under my arms and all the dark hair around my ankle are gone (though my blonde hairs are still there - they're softer, though, so I can go longer without shaving). I've got a few dark pubes left and a bunch of white ones which I like think of as blonde but are probably gray (why the pubes go gray before the head hair, I have no idea). I'll have to wax those. Having fewer of them makes for less waxing pain.

I think every woman should wear foundation or a tinted moisturizer every day because 1) no matter how perfect your skin is, artificial lights and even sunlight will not show it to its best effect, and 2) modern foundations and moisturizers contain an array of sunscreens and such that protect your skin from UV rays, pollution, drying air, etc.

If you're like me and are cursed with hooded Scandinavian eyes, check out this wonderful tut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c9cUFa9mvk
All my life I've had people who don't understand hooded eyes try to make me up and the results are always disappointing. This woman knows what to do.

I used to think that perfumes were unnecessary because all products - from soap to creams to hair spray - have some sort of smell to them. And I was turned off by people drowning themselves in bad perfume. Then I discovered Luckyscent and their zillions of wonderful boutique and indie scents and totally changed my mind.

This book is a must-read if you're curious about scents and don't know where to start (what perfume should I wear? How should I wear it? etc) then please read this:
http://www.perfumestheguide.com/
I've got the ebook and I consult it all the time. It's well-written, straight-forward, and takes all the scariness out of perfume selection.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #71
Laurel
Kitty Mama

Quote:
Hey Wings! It's our birthday week!
Happy Birthday to us!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK, NOOR AND WINGS!!

Old 11-27-2013, 02:26 AM   #72
Byron In Exile
Frederick Fucking Chopin

Location: Don't let the sun burn a hole in your ass, William Blake: rise now, and drive your cart and plow over the bones of the dead!
Quote:
No boys allowed. Talk about the representation of female subjectivity in art throughout history or mascara or sea turtles. Talk about sex with men and women and yourself. Don't talk at all - just PM me pics of you in various states of undress.

Anyway I wanted a thread for girly chat and somewhere to exclaim that I'd like to cover my hands and feet in rainbows.

Aww yiss. Rainbow goodness.

I can't tell if I actually like these or not, but, RAINBOW!
I'm not comfortable with this.

It seems as though it might be some sort of trap.

I am but mad north-north-west:
When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw.

In the High School halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Old 11-27-2013, 02:32 AM   #73
Byron In Exile
Frederick Fucking Chopin

Location: Don't let the sun burn a hole in your ass, William Blake: rise now, and drive your cart and plow over the bones of the dead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
this thread!!
Men are not monsters, just because of having dicks and stuff.

I would... alright. I'll think of something, but I do feel as though I'm being put on the spot right now.

Tomorrow, I'm sure there will be a number of things.

Many of them.

I'll populate a list.

In the High School halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Old 11-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #74
Byron In Exile
Frederick Fucking Chopin

I opened my wallet to pay for dinner.

There was an array of cards... and suddenly she loved me.

Red flag #1.

In the High School halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out

Old 11-27-2013, 02:38 AM   #75
Byron In Exile
Frederick Fucking Chopin

You amble and you lisp...

God grants you one face, and you make yourself another...

In the High School halls
In the shopping malls
Conform or be cast out

In the basement bars
In the backs of cars
Be cool or be cast out