Old 11-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Girl Talk

No boys allowed. Talk about the representation of female subjectivity in art throughout history or mascara or sea turtles. Talk about sex with men and women and yourself. Don't talk at all - just PM me pics of you in various states of undress.

Anyway I wanted a thread for girly chat and somewhere to exclaim that I'd like to cover my hands and feet in rainbows.

Aww yiss. Rainbow goodness.

I can't tell if I actually like these or not, but, RAINBOW!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
GoFuckYourself
Loves Spam

Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Wings
Meow

This is my favorite mascara, it doesn't weigh down my long lashes but it plumps them pleasingly. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod3460265

Old 11-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Girl Talk - Summer Smoke

Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara is magic potion. I've found it's definitely worth the extra $cratch compared to drug-store brands and has a much better formula. Tragically, that doesn't matter when it dries out, so what I'm recommending is that you set your mascara budget at $100,000/annum.

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm is the shit. Subtle color, moisturizes, and lasts.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
This is my favorite mascara, it doesn't weigh down my long lashes but it plumps them pleasingly. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod3460265
Oh, I love benefit! I haven't tried their mascara - I was just waxing poetic about Lancome, but I want to use everything you use, because you are cool and gorgeous.

Speaking of eye makeup, a friend of mine is a make-up artist, and she uses a straight-edge for gel eyeliner (or anything applied with a brush) and it makes an awesome sharp line. She told me a bunch of highlighting tips, but I forgot all of them. It's amazing what a little contouring does to change the look and harmony of someone's face.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
evesdream
Literotica Guru

Since when is makeup girls only? What's with this half-hearted effort anyway?

To really drive the men out we need to talk about blood, pain, clots and cramps. Maybe a photo or two of the cervix while we're at it. A solid first-page of thread devoted to man-clearing topic.

Oh, by the way, I asked a friend of mine about her perfect lashes week before last and she told me Lancome Hypn˘se Star is the ticket. Other friend had similarly perfect lashes (I'd been about to ask her about hers too) and lo and behold she said she'd been using a sample size of the same thing. I've been meaning to pick some up at Sephora.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

This girl does incredible celebrity makeup tutorials on Youtube. I look at those pictures and I just want to slather my face in so much paint. It's so cool.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Wings
Meow

I'm sold on the Lanc˘me now, thank you ladies.

I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Have you guys tried any of Horst Rechelbacher's new line, Intelligent Nutrients? He has a store in the Mall of America and I picked up a travel size of his shampoo and conditioner and I'm pretty sure my hair was singing afterward. I want to try his anti-aging mist next.
http://www.intelligentnutrients.com/

Old 11-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #9
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdream View Post
Since when is makeup girls only? What's with this half-hearted effort anyway?

To really drive the men out we need to talk about blood, pain, clots and cramps. Maybe a photo or two of the cervix while we're at it. A solid first-page of thread devoted to man-clearing topic.

Oh, by the way, I asked a friend of mine about her perfect lashes week before last and she told me Lancome Hypn˘se Star is the ticket. Other friend had similarly perfect lashes (I'd been about to ask her about hers too) and lo and behold she said she'd been using a sample size of the same thing. I've been meaning to pick some up at Sephora.
I know! I'm being a sexist. It feels great. I totally get it now. Why did we even want to vote in the first place? Honestly.

But you're right! Here is a link to a photo gallery with lots of pictures of cervixes (cervices?). There are pictures from throughout the menstrual cycle so don't worry, there is discharge galore.

I haven't tried the Star, but I liked the packaging very much and it sounds quite celestial. I've liked all the Lancome mascaras I've tried (three, I think?) but so far, the Hypnose Drama has my favorite brush.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
ms_ann_thrope
Cumslinger

I bought some new Vera Wang parfumaye and I have to swat the boys off at work with my metric scale.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
I'm sold on the Lanc˘me now, thank you ladies.

I'll take a look at it this weekend.

Have you guys tried any of Horst Rechelbacher's new line, Intelligent Nutrients? He has a store in the Mall of America and I picked up a travel size of his shampoo and conditioner and I'm pretty sure my hair was singing afterward. I want to try his anti-aging mist next.
http://www.intelligentnutrients.com/
No, I don't think I've heard of it. I want my hair to sing! I've noticed it's a little dry this winter.

I have a wee face mist from Vichy that I got as a PWP, and it feels wonderful. I was a little intimidated, at first, to be squirting something directly into my face (that's what she said), but it is really refreshing! It makes me feel foofy, though. "Why, I'm feeling absolutely parched. I MUST MIST MYSELF!"

Old 11-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #12
GoFuckYourself
Loves Spam

Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
AllyRose
Fuck Kindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by evesdream View Post
Lancome Hypn˘se Star is the ticket.
Yes. Yes. Yes. The time it takes... is well worth it.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Wrecking Ball was damn catchy. I don't understand why her tongue is not in her mouth. But I also don't understand why she's on the cover of a magazine, so whatever.

Has anyone/everyone seen the Girls are Assholes videos? Another thing that got more attention than it deserved. Grumble grumble grumble. I should be in charge of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ann_thrope View Post
I bought some new Vera Wang parfumaye and I have to swat the boys off at work with my metric scale.
*blink*

Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #15
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRose View Post
Yes. Yes. Yes. The time it takes... is well worth it.
I just may have to make the switch. But it's so hard!

The Star brush:

And the Drama:

Look at those sweet curves.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
Noor
In mourning...

I don't wear makeup in general, I wear sunscreen. If I am going somewhere that expects makeup I will wear lipstick or vaseline on my lips.

I do like perfume, or did until the French reformulated it all, now I am searching for the right one. I wear it for me.

Keeping the skin moist is a BIG issue. I run the humidifier constantly at home.
I use super fatted soap, Nurtregena sesame oil when I finish showering before I dry off. On my hands and feet I use Amlactin unless they are already cut, then I use the CVS equivalent of Vasilene Instensive Care lotion. I use Coconut oil on other spots. On my face I use metrogel when I remember or sunscreen. I also use sunscreen on the tops of my hands and feet if I wear sandals.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
AllyRose
Fuck Kindles

I'm not saying I'm going to take my shoe off and throw it at you if you don't switch...

I would, however, throw them if you weren't using Lan at all. Then I'd ask for my shoe back.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
anchoredinocean
Literotica Guru

I was coming into this thread in hopes it was a thread about the musical group, but knowing your poor taste in music, and then BAM. I was happily surprised at the youtube link.

Also you should do my nails again.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
Noor
In mourning...

I do make overs bout once or twice a year with my friends, and usually end up with a lipstick. I do know how to put on makeup, and use highlighter and all that jazz but unless I really feel it would make whoever I am meeting uncomfortable I don't bother.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #20
Lorilei
Carpe Fucking Diem

I'm a big fan of Purminerals makeup lately. Seriously, 5 minutes and my skin looks flawless and not "made-up". I don't like a heavy makeup look, I'm more of a natural girl.

ôIf this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it.ö
― Stephen Colbert

Old 11-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #21
Noor
In mourning...

Nail clippers, what do you guys use? I am a bit obsessive when I have a broken nail or anything that catches on skin or fabric.

I have been using a french pair for decades and they are getting a bit dull. I can't find a replacement. They look kind of like this
I got a Henkel one but it's hard for me to use.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #22
Noor
In mourning...

What about bras, can we talk about bras?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #23
Phelia
ignorant b!tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor View Post
I don't wear makeup in general, I wear sunscreen. If I am going somewhere that expects makeup I will wear lipstick or vaseline on my lips.

I do like perfume, or did until the French reformulated it all, now I am searching for the right one. I wear it for me.

Keeping the skin moist is a BIG issue. I run the humidifier constantly at home.
I use super fatted soap, Nurtregena sesame oil when I finish showering before I dry off. On my hands and feet I use Amlactin unless they are already cut, then I use the CVS equivalent of Vasilene Instensive Care lotion. I use Coconut oil on other spots. On my face I use metrogel when I remember or sunscreen. I also use sunscreen on the tops of my hands and feet if I wear sandals.
Sometimes I wish that makeup didn't exist at all, and sometimes I think it's a lot of fun. I don't wear much on a day-to-day basis, but I'll glam up to go out. Oh, and I love lipstick. I have fairly strong features (an in-your-face face), so I can't go too too crazy or else I just look like a blow-up doll.

Sunscreen every day. Usually everywhere, but face, dÚcolletage, and backs of hands always. I am a delicate flower. Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil is the best! I'm lucky that I don't really have a problem with dry skin, but I have a few friends that recommend Vanicream really highly.

I used to love trying new perfumes, but I found a few I wanted to keep using and just sort of lost interest. What do you mean about the French reformulating it? I'm afraid I don't know much of the industry's history, but it sounds interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRose View Post
I'm not saying I'm going to take my shoe off and throw it at you if you don't switch...

I would, however, throw them if you weren't using Lan at all. Then I'd ask for my shoe back.
That's an interesting marketing strategy, but effective. "10/10 users decided to switch brands! After we threatened to throw a shoe at their goddamn heads. Like us on Facebook!"

Old 11-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
AllyRose
Fuck Kindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor View Post
What about bras, can we talk about bras?
The multi-million dollar bra from VS is uncomfortable.

Or so I've heard.

I'd still wear it.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
Wings
Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilei View Post
I'm a big fan of Purminerals makeup lately. Seriously, 5 minutes and my skin looks flawless and not "made-up". I don't like a heavy makeup look, I'm more of a natural girl.
I wear Bare Minerals for foundation. I love it, it doesn't break me out and it is such a smooth finish.