Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Sexual Role Playing

Old 10-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

We must survive this (closed to queenclaire)

Robert W. Carroll
Age 28
Height 6"
Weight 155
Dark brown eyes and short hair
Clean shaven. No tattoos or piercings. Does not drink or smoke. Not married/ no children. Works as a construction worker by day off work part of a civilian 'zombie watch' group.

In Seattle the population was very dense and hemmed in on one side by the Puget Sound and the mountains. It was a funnel where I 5 sliced through running north and South. I work at a construction company that builds prefabricated houses as well as take them apart. It was a rather simple job that built up my stamina and meets a lot of other people that share the same interests. With that we formed a zombie awareness group. With what happened in Florida, Massachusetts, and Texas we had stockpiling weapons and supplies for what was the makings of the zombie apocalypse. Then, it occurred to us; it would be wise if we purchased a ship instead of taking our chances of running into the mountains or staying put in a apartment complex in the heart of the city, that is where we found: the Pigeon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...;110204710.jpg

She had seen better times in the United States Navy. She was 187 feet 10 inches in length and a beam (width) of 35 feet six inches and draft (height of the hull below the waterline) of 9 feet; certainly not the largest ship but it suited our needs as it was our ship now when we bought it from the scrap yard for $10,000 where it has been sitting for about sixty years. The hull was rusted and riddled with holes, there was a bird’s nest in the smoke stack, and all of the equipment had been stripped away leaving it a hulk that we had to mount on blocks on the land to begin our work.

For six months the eighteen of us spent our free time cleaning the Pigeon up; patching and cleaning the hull, putting in a custom made steam engine and a single screw (propeller) and a powerful radio system. Originally this ship had 3inch guns on board for aerial defense and machine guns, but we couldn’t get the Federal licenses for that but what we could get were assault rifles, shotguns, pistols, and lots of ammunition and none too soon. A lot of people called us ‘childish’ and even ‘stupid’ for wasting so much of our time and money not only on the Pigeon but also on our Zombie preparedness. Even if we could get the damn ship to float; what then?

The 18 of us was just enough to man this ship effectively but few had any experience on a ship so I spent many hours in the library as well as handling smaller ships in the Sound to increase my knowledge and experience and for that I was voted as Captain of the ship but I was not given a rank insignia or even a hat; it was just a position for our small group.

Then zombies came.

It was late at night. The news was confused at first; calling it civil disobedience then rioting as the police stepped up their response but that was all we needed. Grabbing my belongings, rifle, and running through the streets I made it to the Pigeon first then the rest of my friends clambered onboard and we shoved off immediately not paying any heed to anyone else and tried out the engine for the first time and it worked. We built up steam and proceeded at five knots towards the middle of Puget Sound. It was better for us to wait it out offshore than risk it sitting at dock for any new signs.

We endured the freezing wind of the Sound all through the night and we heard on the radio as it became progressively. Using the radio we listened as the military and more law enforcement poured into the city and by dawn the fighting subsided and it was deemed that the fighting was over, we had won, so we came back to dock and from there it all went to hell.

I don't know how it happened, all I know is while we were tying up and topping off our fuel there was a great fusillade of firing several docks over and people ran in every direction. There were other ships moored next to us, large private yachts, but when they ran onboard explosions rocked them and they sank quickly thus we sortied immediately despite seeing people on the dock and behind them were the zombies. They were rather quick infected able to move as fast as a living person could nominally walk instead of shuffling and people were gripped by panic several jumped into the frigid waters of the Sound rather than being devoured alive.

I couldn't let people die despite the risk and used a bullhorn to direct people to another dock where we could pick them up. The crew was scared; all of us checked our weapons and were ready as we came in.

As a warning: there will be violence but will not be used in any intimate scenes. PM me if you have any questions or have a willingness to participate as I am open to bending the story to suit the needs of my partners. The plot line is rather up in the air but will involve being on the sea most of the time.

Last edited by guyloveshotstories : 11-05-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 AM   #2
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole Andrews
Height: 5’5
Weight: 116
Blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair

Nicole Andrews worked the dayshift for the local police department. She had seen firsthand that that mob violence and mass hysteria were more than what was being said of the reports. She also knew the truth would be covered slightly to keep more people from panicking. She was not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Yes, it led to less people panicking out right at first, but the more the people left their homes, the faster they learned it would have been better to stay inside. And that was when all hell really broke loose. She had done her best to keep her wits about her and try to help as many people as she could, but it all seemed in vain. Every time she saved someone, they fell a little while later to a surprise attack. It spread fast. Whatever it was. She did the smart thing and started to move out of the city…that did not last long either.

It seemed that within a blink of an eye, the city and nearby towns were overrun. The police radio was filled with desperate cries for help, screams or gun fire. Then again, everywhere was filled with those noises. Nowhere was safe anymore and Nicole was desperate to survive. She had tried to save as many as she could, but now it was up to her to survive. It seemed she reached a point where she knew she had to just forget about her job and focus on surviving.

She did not seem to be the only one with that idea. She had decided that if land was overrun, then water would be the next best thing. She would steal a boat if she had to and try to wait it out. The problem was, many had the same plan and it brought the undead with them. The marina pure chaos. She drove her cruiser up too see boats sinking and running into each other. The zombies were already feasting on many of the slower people.

She grabbed her shot gun and slung her AR over her shoulder. She had to get to a boat. She ran into the madness and looked around as a voice directed many to a nearby dock. She nodded herself as she quickly moved, getting people to the dock. She had her shotgun out as she watched for zombies as yelled orders to the people. Once on the dock, she and a few other armed people, took out zombies as they came for them. She just hoped this was the right thing to do.
Abandon all defenses
The place between sleep and awake
End of innocence
Unending masquerade
That`s where I`ll wait for you

Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

We could see people moving along the dock quickly, spurred by the voice directing them and right behind them were the zombies. Holy shit, there were a lot of them. We slowed our speed to just two knots and came in as close as we could to the knock without nudging it and our crew on deck began blazing away over the heads of the people below to fell at least a few of them to create some breathing room for us. I was holding onto the wheel and shouting commands and my friends were working the instruments as best they could as the rifles barked with brilliant flashes of light with calls to those below to get onboard.

BAM! The blasts of our rifles were briefly illuminating the dock and the faces of their foe.

ROAR! The shrieks and groans of the undead was coming together into an intense drone.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

We didn't have any heavy weapons, just our rifles, shotguns, and pistols. I wished we had a cannon to blast the horde to pieces with one shot, but..." there were shouts from my friends at the door the bridge, "They're coming onboard now!"

Straining my head to look out a window I could see people launching themselves onto our deck, leaping over the thin gap between us and the dock. One poor soul feel through and we threw him a line and hoisted him up, another life saved but more were sadly left behind. We could see mounds of corpses being feasted upon, abandoned vehicles clogging the entrance way, and beyond them even more zombies. We only had a few seconds to save those few that we could and it pained me that we couldn't save more, but we couldn't.

Our ship was belching black smoke as the engines chugged to generate power and spin the screws through icy black water. "Come on!" people were yelling at the people. "Move!"

Last edited by guyloveshotstories : 10-30-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole would have been shocked to see the way the people desperately tried to board the ship. It was pure madness, plain and simple. She watched in horror for a brief moment as people actually seemed like the undead for a moment, clawing at each other to get on board. She would not kept staring but a moaned from a nearby zombie caught her attention as he lurched for her. His left arm was missing and one eye had been plucked out. Where his nose had been now only oozed goo and blood.

She stepped back as he dove for her, falling forward. She quickly moved with the crowd. She noticed a young lady with her neck bleeding about the board the boat and she realized then that everyone would need to be checked. She was about to stop the lady when a rude man pulled the bit lady back and shoved her to the ground, smacking her in the head with the butt of his rifle. Nicole was in too big of a hurry to say anything to the man. She quickly got on board and hoped the got away before too many zombies could get on. Then they would have to start weeding out the ones that were bitten.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"All onboard!" I heard the call and applied the throttle. The screws began spinning rapidly as I turned the helm to open the gap. The guys were still firing at the zombies as quickly as they could. Bodies were falling into the water with high splashes. In the darkness, we couldn't tell if they were still alive, bitten, or now zombies. It didn't matter as we had our people safe and a new batch of people onboard in need of care. I called my XO to me and told him, "Keep the people contained on deck. Disarm them and begin searching for any signs of infection or other contagious diseases."

He nodded, though his body trembled. We were all scared because we never thought this could happen in real life. It was always games, but we were lucky to make it this far. "Better get going," I replied to him then turned over the helm to another crewman and headed out into the night, a pistol strapped to my waist and a mini-glock to my ankle hidden underneath my trouser leg.

This was going to be difficult. They were all scared. I could hear them shouting, and screaming, some wanted to fight and others were pointing out others in the crowded they suspected of being bitten. Crewmembers had them surrounded, weapons at port arms with safeties on. No sense in pointing them at these people and causing more hysteria, but they couldn't leave that patch of deck they were currently on as one of my crew grasped one person clearly bit on the face and took him to the fantail, the aft most section of the ship. It had to be done. There was no cure.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole was relieved once the ship started moving. Even though now she was stuck onboard a giant hunk of metal that was floating with some people that might turn into those things, she still felt safer. She waited to see what the crew of the ship was going to do about the bitten ones, but she really wanted to take them out. She was not sure how long it took before the change happened.

She did, however, step into a few heated discussions that were beginning to spark. She wanted to keep everyone level headed, which was hard considering the world was dying. People were panicking and everyone was willing to fight about it. She watched out of the corner of her eyes the crew take one infected person away. She felt much better. She turned her attention back to the arguing group she was trying to calm. She just hoped she could do it before different actions had to be taken, but it did not get any better. She finally had to take down the big guy that was in another guy's face. She pressed him into the ground and told him to calm down or she would put him in cuffs. He nodded he would and she let him go.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #7
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

Seeing a guy being taken down showed that there was plenty of fight left in some people and stepping closer found that there was a police officer. Good. Some people with authority. Holding up both hands above my head I shouted, "People. Please be calm. Give me your attention!" It didn't seem to work at first, but gradually it did and from the fantail came a splash that took my eyes off them as one crewman came walking back. There was no gunshot. The infected person had jumped into the icy waters, but they were out of our hair for now. People stood up nearly shoulder to shoulder as I continued, "We are going to check everyone for signs of the infection. I need everyone to surrender their weapons and be ready for medical screening."

As I spoke crewmen were coming by and flashing their LED lights onto any exposed skin. It was hard to tell because some were spattered with blood, grease, and whatnot. There was still arguing and the one man, a real brute, that was taken down by the police officer, was grasped and pulled from the rest and ziptied to the railings portside because of his interference.

The inspections continued.

One crewman came up to the female police officer and held out a hand, "Your weapons, please. When we're done screening, they'll be returned to you." We needed everyone we could get that could wield a weapon so we needed to form trust and we were going to keep our word unless circumstances destroyed it. We certainly weren't going to trust this loud mouth the officer took down earlier. He was scared, but he was snapping like a rabid animal, but there were no bite marks on him.

The old Pigeon slid further into the Sound, the wind was starting to pick up and few on deck had jackets. The quicker we can get this done, the sooner everyone could get inside and warm up with coffee, hot chow, and warm beds.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole stood there and listened to what the man was saying. She was happy they were checking people. She heard the man she had taken down starting up again, this time the crew dealt with him. She was thankful for that. She waited until she was going to be approached. She watched as others were checked and disarmed. It was probably the safest thing to do.

She looked at a man as he approached her. She paused for a moment as he asked her to hand over her weapons. She was not sure about it, but she did it anyway. She did not want someone to see her argue to keep her own and start something. She then allowed the man to check her. She had luckily made it out without too much blood and guts on her, unlike the others, which would make it harder to tell if people had bites or not.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-06-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

They outnumbered us, but most of them were unarmed, we kept our cool and in doing so they kept calm though they were hesitant. Keeping close to my crew, arms crossed and looking at their faces from the light from our flashlights I looked at their terror filled faces and tried to understand what they went through.

Baby wipes were taken out to wipe away the grime. The police officer that I saw was with a trusted crewmember named Jax. Hewas thorough but wouldn't try to cop a feel on her. Wiping some muck and checking her flesh he said that the officer was clean and her weapons were returned to her and I came to her, "I'm Robert Carroll. Captain of the Pigeon. And you would be?" offering my right hand to shake. I didn't want to boast that we saved her ass and that she owed us. This was not the place. We were thankful to have saved at least a few. Up on the bridge a couple of crewmembers were trying to go through the numbers of the amount of food, water, and other provisions we had onboard according to the total crew and passengers. After several tries in running the numbers a runner came down and handed me a piece of paper that I read. According to them, we had enough supplies for 3 months of food and a month of water. That was a good start.

It was important to start making the bonds of trust now considering our circumstances and what better than with a police officer? She was pretty looking, even with the grime spattered on her uniform, but after seeing what she did to that loud mouth who was still bitter, I didn't want to risk speaking ill of anything or her.

Out on the black water we could hear people calling, random shots, and fires that illuminated the coast line with the faint call of the dead, the low hum coming from their mutated throats. We could hear it over the roar of the engines and it chilled us to the bone. We still didn't have a destination in mind, but w will once we get through all of these people. Another person was found to have bite marks, a young woman who was trying to hide her wrists that had already scabbed over and were a sick green. A crewman led her to the fantail as well and eyes followed her. She didn't try to resist, kept her head hung low, her other hand clutching her bitten hand. There was no hope so she resided herself to her fate as she reached the fantail she climbed over the rail and turned to the crewman, nodded and closed her eyes and a single shot followed by a splash marked her demise.

Last edited by guyloveshotstories : 11-06-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole was happy once her weapons were returned to her. She felt safer knowing she was armed just in case something broke out. She was cop, through and through. She watched as a man approached her. “Nicole Andrews,” she said as she took his hand. She stood there silently as he was handed a piece of paper. She looked around, keeping an eye on who was around her. She did not trust too many. She had seen people she knew turn into a zombie right next to her. Needless to say, though she looked calmed, she was shaken to her core.

She watched as a crew member led a bitten woman away from everyone. She sighed as the woman accepted her fate and was shot. She shook her head slightly, it was a shame. She looked back to Robert, “I am glad to see you all are being safe and eliminating the risk, even if it seems cruel right now.” She looked back at the group of people.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"Yes, unfortunately" I replied as the wind continued to pick up. The rest of the group was searched and we didn't find any other bites, but there were some sick people from exposure. "Take them down to warm up, some food and get them cleaned up!" shouting to the crew then turned to the officer. "Would you like to come to the bridge?" I asked, "We could use some feed back from some level headed people." Saying that because the officer had remained calm through all this, perhaps, as an officer exposed to the information net by her department, she could tell us any useful information such as good places that may be clear of infection.

The man that had been shouting was told to be taken down to the brig, "By the way," I asked, "Do you know this man?" pointing to the yeller as he was taken below decks. If he was going to be a dangerous person then it would be wise to keep him locked up, though he cold be scared like everyone he was the only one that was aggressive and it was here that I noticed that Nicole was shivering and took off my jacket. "Here," I said, "Put this on," giving her a wool lined, green jacket. Wasn't regulation, but it would help stave off the cold. It was mine, but she could use it more than I could.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole looked at Robert as he invited her to the bridge. She smirked at the level headed remark. She was not so sure she was quite level headed at the moment. In her head she was screaming about how this just did not seem plausible and she was waiting to wake up at any minute. She really never truly believed this could happen. She nodded, “Sure. I will help anyway I can. Lead the way.” She hoped she could be useful.

She looked to where Robert was pointing and shook her head and rubbed her arms, “No, I am afraid not.” She hoped he would eventually calm down and joined the group without causing problems. He was a big guy and would be helpful with larger projects. She looked at Robert as he handed her his jacket. She smiled and took the jacket, “Thanks, but don’t you need it?” She put it on though. She was not in a jacket. She had lost it while fighting off a zombie.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #13
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"I'll be alright," smiling, "Let's get going." Leading the way we passed several crew as they ushered the rest of the new arrivals below decks. The Pigeon wasn't a big ship but we wouldhave enough bed space for everyone and a few more, but we were concerned about getting out and finding a place. We went up some steps and reached the bridge where several crew were plotting using their knowledge of the area, maps, and eyesight to correct their course. We were chugging along at five knots to control fuel consumption. When we were inside I shut the door and asked the officer to come over to the map we had on a large table of the Sound. It showed every island, regardless of size, as well as depths of the area so we wouldn't run aground.

I was frank with her, "You're the only ones we could have rescued. Other docks were...overrun," dropping my head a bit in shame. We tried to get in touch with the military or police, but when we saw your dock still had some life left on it, we took a chance. It saddened me that we had to put down a couple of people that we could've rescued, but that's what happens. A crewmember appeared with two cups of scalding hot coffee and placed them on the table for us. We didn't have sugar or cream on the bridge so we had to drink it black. The hot liquid would warm our bodies and keep us going for awhile.

Our radio was squawking. There were calls for help and a lot of static then from the north there were rippling explosions that fleshed yellow light against the gray hull of the Pigeon. It was an old ship, but we put her together well as the cold waves splashed against the steel and flowed away. Below us, the rest of the survivors were being given bedding and some hot chow. We didn't have clean clothes to give, so they had to endure what they were wearing, but most pitched some of their tops to remove themselves of the blood and gore and have them cast out to the water.

As much as our group wished for the zombies, we now felt overwhelmed seeing the coastline turn to hell. Seattle alone had about a million people and now, most if not all were now zombies, infected people we would have to keep our eyes open for and worse, society collapsed. We were raised to respect authority such as our new companion on the bridge with me, but that was now gone. It was every man for himself. No rules. You fight for your own survival and if you wanted something, you killed for it.

Last edited by guyloveshotstories : 11-07-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole shook her head, “I know. It was actually a terrible place to go in all honesty. It was not like there was much of a place to hide once at the boat yard. I was desperate. Hoping to find someone to just float on until I could come up with a plan.” She pause and sighed. She looked at Robert, “The city is overrun. So are most cities. Last I heard, all major cities were infected. They were urging people to stay inside and bunker down.” She paused as the coffee was brought over. She picked it up and took a sip. She did not care if it was black or motor oil at this point. It was hot.

She then looked around the ship as the reality hit her. “Wait a second,” she looked to Robert, “You built a floating fortress. How did you really know this was going to happen?”
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #15
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"We didn't really build it" smiling as I took a sip of my own coffee "this old ship is a World War II vet that was slated to be scrapped but me and my friends pooled our money and bought it. We all had this plan that if the world went to hell that we would take to the water because most people would be stuck on the land. But the Pigeon here doesn't have any of its old guns anymore. Just our rifles and pistol" then I pointed at her weapons "and your shotgun" giving a quick wink before drinking some more of the thick elixir that ran down my throat and my finger tips began to tingle. She said that all major cities were overrun so it would be best to avoid them but looming over the map I said to her "We have enough food onboard for awhile. Too be honest we were only planning on just having our crew until we saw everyone on the dock and we couldn't allow people to die like that. But for now, we can't be going about trying to save everyone. We can only help ourselves now. "

Showing the officer the map, http://yachtkeepers.homestead.com/fi...ges/ps_map.jpg, "we were planning on heading to Indian Island" pointing to a sliver speck of land just off from Point Hadlock. "It's a military munitions depot. I got some guys here that are National Guard and we'll try to sweet talk our way in. No doubt the military will be on high alert, but that island is rugged and a good defensive position."

We were lucky to have the Pigeon. Real lucky. I at first didn't want to purchase this hulk because of it's size and price, but wanted a smaller ship of fiber glass, but my crew convinced me to buy it in the end and now I was thankful that we did. The only regret is that we didn't have the heavy weapons.

Below us the crew escorted the other survivors to their bunks. The quarters were small, they could only get rooms with bunk bed style cots. it was all we had but it was warm down below at least as some shed their coats and were given piping hot coffee and some food. There were many question; where were we going? Where are the others? Some people were looking for their loved ones and were brought to tears with the news that most didn't make it.

Last edited by guyloveshotstories : 11-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole drank her coffee as Robert told her about the ship they were on and what did to it. She nodded in agreement on the fact that they could not keep saving everyone. They had to keep themselves safe. It was a sad truth and it went against all she was taught in law enforcement, but she knew the way of life and all the rules had suddenly changed. It meant it was everyone for themselves.

She looked at the map and saw where they were hoping to head. “Yeah, everyone is on high alert. Hopefully you can sweet talk with the best of them because I have a feeling most safe places are going to be on major lockdown.” And surely these places would not just let anyone on without a ridged screening. She took another sip of her coffee, it was doing a good job at warming her up. Along with the jacket, Robert so gallantly gave up for her sake. “So what is the plan if they won’t let us on the island?”
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #17
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"Then, we try another island. There are plenty of them in the Sound," looking over the map, "There are some that are sparsely populated, like Anderson Island that's down south of us," pointing it out on the map. "It's a retirement island, mostly old folks but a lot of dear and about seven square miles big," shrugging my shoulders. "It's population is only about a thousand and the only access is by boat, so that gives us a considerable edge," giving a reassuring smile. "We're not going to invade the island, but I hope we can work with the locals to set up a base of operations. We had this ship ready with tents and other supplies, but...again, we didn't expect so many, which is why we need to get to a populated island, like Indian or Anderson so we can house everyone."

That was my hope, but hopes were only ideas. We still needed to get to Indian Island. "Tell me, Officer Andrews, tell me a little about yourself." I wanted to know her, to build trust. I wasn't holding back any secret information and I hoped that building this trust she could trust me and we could work together. Many men would be intimidated with her being police or even a woman, but here, I didn't see any reason for these to be barriers between us.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole looked at the map again as Robert mentioned another island. She nodded, at least he had a plan. It was more than she had and probably more than anyone else they just saved had planned. It was good and hopefully they could find a place that would let them come on and help defend. She was not sure if any place was truly safe, but she was willing to take a chance with an island. It was better than the mainland.

She looked at Robert as he asked her to tell a little about herself. She shrugged, “Not much to tell really. I moved here for college. I dropped out two years in and joined the force. I was doing what I loved and I did not mind the fact most people hated me on a daily basis. I am a pretty driven person, I just did not like university. I actually just passed my corporal’s test and was awaiting my new assignment when the whole world went to hell.” She gave him a tip lip smile as she shrugged again. She was not used to talking about herself.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #19
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"Sounds better than my life," chuckling light, "I and my friends here worked construction along the Sound. I only took a couple courses in college for my job," buckling my thin eyebrows. I didn't like college with many preppy people looking down on me. My family were blue collar workers, construction, electrician, and maintenance which is why I was one, and those preppy people tended to look down on me, but now, I couldn't help but laugh at the cruel irony that my profession helped saved lives.

"Well," sighing a bit, "I believe we're going to become well acquainted with one another for the next few days. So, tell me, do you have any family?" It sounded like a bit of an intrusive question, but I wanted to keep the conversation going further as the Pigeon slid further North-west. The single screw was spinning and the steam engine purring. Not bad for its first real test as the radio continued to crackle with signs of other life.

The course plotted for Indian Island was set but with the weather, moving at night, and possible sea traffic we were going much slower than the ferries at five knots. Off to port (left) a lookout sighted a small boat bobbing up and down with no sign of life onboard. He called it out but we weren't going to go near it.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole smiled slightly, “You don’t always need tons of college to prove yourself to the world. Construction is actually a pretty good career and look what it helped do. You and your friends just saved a ton of people. That is epically heroic. So, well done.”

“You mean, do I have any family left?” There was a hint of sadness in her voice as she spoke. She shook her head, “They all live down south. They might as well be on Mars at this point. I don’t have any ties here though, if that is what you are asking.” She looked at Robert, “What about you?” She might as well get to know him as well. He was right, they would be stuck on this ship together, might as well get to know one another.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #21
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"I'm not sure, either," replying rather sullenly, "I'm an only child. My parents like in Spokane, so..." voice trailed off a bit, "I hope they're alright." It was all I could do at this point in time. "I just hope that may make it. When we bought this old ship, they thought I finally went off the deep end, but I convinced my father that it was a luxury thing, like a yacht and he wanted to come over and help us patch it up, but he could never get the time off to do it." Chuckling a bit more, I was flushed with nostalgia before looking at her youthful face. She, like us, were scared. Scared of what was going to happen to us. Though as 'captain' of the ship I could order her about, but didn't want to be a bully of a boss. I was a novice and was lucky up to this point with good crew and a good ship and now we had a plan. "If you're going to be staying with us we'll need to find a position for you. A posting for you on this ship. Tell me, are you good at anything?"

The temperature was dropping. The water was a frigid 10 degrees and the air 30. If anyone fell into the water they would go into hypothermia in just a few minutes and death would take them, but zombies didn't have that problem, but they couldn't climb up the sleek hull of the Pigeon. With his ears covered with headphones our radio man was carefully scrolling through the frequencies trying to get information and when he thought he heard something he would write down the frequency, time, as well as the message. A couple of times he would receive government broadcasts either by the military or the CDC telling people to stay in their homes and to stay away from large cities and to obey all roadblock instructions. He shook his head lightly thinking how many people would not be listening to these broadcasts.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #22
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole nodded slowly. She hoped her family was still alive as well, but she tried to not really think about it. She knew if she did, she would finally fall apart. She did not need her reality crash down around her just yet. She was not living in ignorant bliss, just in her own reality. She knew what was going on and she knew she needed to survive. She did not think about the rest of the world dealing with the same thing. The smaller scale was easier to digest.

She looked at Robert and sighed, “Oh geez. What am I good at? I am great at arresting people.” She gave him a smirk, “Other than that, um…I can clean and cook. Can’t say I have some hidden super talent that would be useful on this ship.”
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #23
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

A good police officer would make for good security. We didn't have that on our ship, just guys appointed to that position because they were big and strong. "I can make you in charge of our security detachment once we process the people and try to get those with useful talents to join us." Reaching out I place a firm hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry. Let's focus on the now." The Pigeon made a small correction to its course. By a rough estimate Indian Island was ten miles or so away, but we shouldn't be approaching it in the dead of night. Perhaps we should wait until dawn so that the military could see us coming and not overreact. I gave the order to change course and head north and cut speed to one knot to keep the engine running with the power.

As we talked that order was being carried out. All of the people were told that in order to stay on the ship they had to work. Some stepped forward that they had unique skills. There were carpenters, mechanics, a doctor, and a nurse and plumbers, but no military or any other form of law enforcement except a dock worker security guard who had lost his sidearm during the escape. It would have to do. There were others that did not have talents, so they would be our laborers and cleaners. They were not to be looked down upon because everyone here was essential for our survival.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #24
queenclaire
Jedi Master

Nicole nodded and smiled, “Sure, I can do that. I would be better at that than some other things.” She smiled as he put a hand on her shoulder. “I hope we actually have some useful people on here. We could use some people that actually can do things, unlike me.” She chuckled slightly. She felt out of place a bit. She was just a cop and that was it. She was her job and now her job was not needed. She never thought she would see the day when her job was not needed. Seemed impossible, then again, zombies seemed impossible as well. At least she could help with security on the ship. She was a good shot, so that would help as well. She sighed after she finished her coffee. She looked down at her hands, they were shaking slightly. She knew it was from the stress of the day.
Abandon all defenses
End of innocence
Unending masquerade

Old 11-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #25
guyloveshotstories
Literotica Guru

"Go ahead and head below and get some rest. Right now we need everyone to sleep for tomorrow." Drawing a breath and looking her over once more I smiled "Glad to have you onboard." As much as I wanted to continue talking with her my attention was needed elsewhere. Another crewman wouod guide her below deck to her sleeping quarters. The women would be sleeping seperate from the men, even if they were married. The wind was starting to pick up and was sweeping over thr deck carrying dagger like ice particles. A real pitty for those tyat had to stand watch outside as they wrapped themselves up tightly as the waves began to white cap and slap against the steel hull.

I was glad that we were able to start binding but now my attention turned to how we could take care of them. If Indian Island was a bust then it had to be Anderson but from there my mind begsn to wander about if that failed before shaking my head.

Before being taken blow decks the officer was told that she was turn in her weapons to the weapons "officer" really the guy in charge of guarding the locker. It wasn't that we didn't trust her but if she fell asleep then somone might take her weapon and use it so anyone off duty had to turn in all firearms until they were needed.