Vailyn's Inklings

Vailyn

Quixotic Paradox
Joined
Nov 15, 2000
Posts
2,639
journal-writing.jpg


Scattered notes tucked in corners, beneath cups, inside books and numerous files on the laptop. They're everywhere on the Isle and it's getting hard to keep track of the ideas. Time to pull the pieces together in one place. At least I found most of the journals...

twj_stacked.jpg

All of the ideas that have become something more than a passing thought, I'll gather here. Starhaven is my home and the birth place for my inspirations on Lit. This will be the gathering place for all the things I create out of that razzle dazzle.

The key to the stories that unfold in my mind and come to life across the page will be found here. At least, that's the idea!


~**~
 
I See Dead People

An oh so ordinary girl who enjoys hanging out with friends, thanking God for Fridays, eating ice cream on vag-chats and trying to figure out if honey or maple makes everything better. Until the moment she becomes other than ordinary. When she becomes almost blank and says something cryptic that comes true. The moment she goes pale and screams about a ghost attacking you.

What would it be like to want to be normal to the point that it's almost damaging to yourself? Yet she's forced over and over again to confront the reality of her ability and make use of them whether she likes it or not. Is it childishness that makes her so stubborn against the gift she was born with or fear?

Outwardly simple. Inwardly complex.
 
Thine Own Suppliant

She's returned to the place she tried to forget for over ten years. She fought to be an intelligent, free and independent woman. She worked hard to make a name for herself. Still, she's come back. She doesn't want to run anymore. (More brainstorming here.)
 
Last edited:
Mystical Paradox Mavens Detective Agency

MYTHICAL PARADOX MAVENS DETECTIVE AGENCY ~ with KattDclaw

Experts in solving the unsolvable conundrums that plague society. Have a dilemma you can't resolve? Call the adepts of the mystical and magical! Call MPM! There's no puzzle too big or small for us to tackle. We specialize in lost and forgotten cases. The ones that everyone else gives up on, we will find a resolution.

Office Hours:
Monday to Friday – 10AM to 6PM (When not working on case.)
Saturday/Sunday – Appointment Only

~*~​

Detective Zara Atanas - Looks for Zara

Part of Opening Case

Shades

Aiden Riley James

MPM Ad Pieces

Guns

New Hire: Name in the Works - Ideas for Him
 
Last edited:
Elementals

He called for water and his voice mesmerized her. It was like nothing she had ever heard before. A fluid being of nature, she has always moved along with the currents and seen much in the entirety of her being. Yet this is the first time she has felt moved to act. She pulled for the knowledge of form and became solid. It felt stiff and odd to be without the constant ebb and flow but it was what she needed. She went to him. The human man with the amazing voice and she gave him a kiss of life. Giving him the water he begged for and sharing a small part of her essence. She was enthralled.

Fire - Male 1 - Male 2 - Female 1 - Female 2

Lightning - Male & Female

Earth - Male - Females

Water & Wind

Elementals
 
Last edited:
Alchemist or Born of Clay

To bring life from inanimate objects is a goal of Alchemists beyond that of making gold out of lead. After years of research and failed trials, the most perfect being has been made! That first breathe drawn, eyes opening to see and a sound passing beyond tempting lips enchants the creator.

If the creations are given life, true life. An explosion of memories and ability to feel. Speech, thought, etc--all there. But you're only the face and neck of a body. There is nothing else. You're only partially developed out of wood, stone, clay--the mountainside. You have limited motion, endless spans of thought & feelings but real touch? Does that translate? Is it how we feel touch or some odd mockery?
 
Twice Possessed

Two men desire one woman. Each of them have an instinctive gut wrenching attraction to each other. How will they come to terms to be together? More on this idea here.
 
Soul Touched

He is from a future not far from now, a lover of the wild and a seeker of the challenges man may face against nature. She is a simple maiden serving her Lady Mistress in times long past. In dreams, these two find each other in familiar surroundings, be it hers or his, and slowly fall in love with what both assume to be a fantasy. More here.
 
Master of Dreams

He feeds on the dreams of mortals. Their dreams and nightmares give him sustenance and power. He has the power to control the dreams of dreamers but rarely bothers to dabble for he has been alive for years beyond counting. Yet, once a century or more, a mortal with passionately vivid imagination will draw his attention and their dreams fill him like no other. This time, he must have her for his own. Tasting her dreams are not enough.

Visual 1 (Memory? Dream?)

Yuki 1

Master - Master - Another Look

Yuki 2
 
Last edited:
Chloe Grace Williams

5515874734_59f7a66093_z.jpg


Name: Chloe Grace Williams
Age: 23
Height: 5’5”
Hair: Wavy, golden blonde hair
Eyes: Light Brown (Turns Blue during a vision)
Body: Softly curved, rounded body – 36C, rounded behind, long legs

Has a spastic “psychic” ability that she has no control over. Is it really an ability or is it a curse passed down from the family TRAGEDY aka insane Grandmother that’s rumored to have been a Black Witch?

-It can be trigged by anything: sight, smell, touch or passing conversation.

-Light Brown eyes flare blue during the “hit” and Chloe ends up blurting out whatever she sees.

-Sometimes she can hold back but if she’s at all nervous, it can be like a bullet or a runaway train.

-Sometimes, Chloe claims that she has an odd form of Tourette syndrome but that doesn’t usually fly over very well.

JOB: Chloe has a business degree in communications and got a job as a legal secretary while she works on figuring out what she really wants to do with her life.

- I’m normal. That is the statement that Chloe does her best to live up to as much as possible. That determination has lead to her actually making a few friends. As long as she doesn’t tell them the whole truth that is…

-She wants to live a normal life, have a good job, fall in love, get married, buy a house and have a few kids. It is the American DREAM!

-She doesn’t ever want to end up in denial and covered in religious fanaticism like her Mom.

The “hits” are getting more frequent and there’s a feeling of urgency that has gripped Chloe since she turned 21. She’s fought it off by staying busy but all signs and dreams point towards her past. She must figure it out so she can go back to her normal life!!!!

HISTORY: Chole’s Mom – Alyssa May Williams was the only child of Charles and Titannia Williams. She has only dark memories of her crazy childhood and refused to talk about her real parents or past before being adopted by Arthur and Mary Dalton. The only thing she WILL talk about is the fact that magic is evil and being a upright Christian is the only way to save one’s soul. That is the only way to keep the Tragedy from ever happening again.

Who is Chloe’s Dad? No one knows! It isn’t talked about at all. Chloe is an only child that was born to Alyssa while she was traveling in Europe during her late 30’s.

The Tragedy: Charles Williams was an amateur scientist and alchemist. He was really a good stock broker who made a lot of money in a handful of years and retired to “have fun” with his scientific and alchemic studies. One of his experiments was to play around with explosives to kill several cows at once. A fatal endeavor that lead to his death.

Titannia was a beautiful woman of style and grace and an evil eye that could chill you to the bone. It’s said that when she really looks into your eyes, she could see into your very soul and tell you the secrets you try in vain to hide. But mostly, people loved her for her graceful parties and cheery hosting. Then Charles died and she withdrew from society for three years. When she came back out to the public, all sorts of rumors have already passed from local to local and everyone was shocked at her drawn and bitter appearance. They called her Black Witch.
 
Carina Grayson

Carina Grayson
26 years old, wavy strawberry blonde shoulder length hair, bright green eyes, 5’4”, curvy body, 36C, small waist, full hips, long legs

Inherited beautiful Victorian house from Aunt Sally, who has decided to spend her remaining years in sunny Florida. Carina is an up and coming interior designer and loved visiting Aunt Sally as a child.

Haunted: The explicit dreams came almost every night. She could swear it was really happening but no one would be there when she woke up. It would just be her tangled up in covers. It would be her left alone aching. The dreams started when she moved into the house she inherited from Aunt Sally. A beautiful old Victorian that's a little worn down and needs some repair. A perfect home for an up and coming interior designer.


++++​

Carina's favorite Aunt Sally dropped a bomb on her during their dinner date on Monday night. She's been dropping hints about some sort of big news for a while but her Aunt's mischievous and downright devious nature would only give just enough hints to drive Carina's curiosity wild.

It's tradition. Every Monday night, Carina came over to Aunt Sally's beautiful old Victorian house and they would make dinner together. Aunt Sally was always in charge of creating some sort of dessert because that was one of her favorite things to do in the kitchen. They would talk about what they've done over the past week and Aunt Sally would grill her about work, dates, relationships or gossip of any importance.

Dessert was a decadent dark chocolate cheesecake with cherry and lime accents. After exchanging several compliments on the amazing cheesecake, Aunt Sally looked at her niece with loving green eyes. "You know I love you, right?"

A short laugh burst from Carina as she tucked a lock of her strawberry blonde hair behind her ear. "Of course I know you do! Who would love me despite all my flaws if not you, Aunt Sally? Are you going to tell me the news? I'm dying to find out! You've been hinting for weeks!"

"This house has been in the family for almost two hundred years. There's a lot of history here. Most of it is mundane, some of it is utterly enchanting and there's a few that are bad enough to curl your hair at night. I've shared most of the stories with you over the years and you know where the rest of them are located. As of tonight, the house is yours, Carina. I'm transferring the house to you. I know you'll stand by the family rules and take good care of this beast."

"You can't mean it! I can't take the house! I mean, I always thought I would get it when you passed away. Not while you're alive and kicking! What's going on, Aunt Sally?" Carina asked, concern darkening bright green eyes. A family feature they share.

Aunt Sally raised a hand, took a happy bite of cheesecake and answered her niece. "I decided it's time for change, sweetheart. I want to do something new and live a little! I bought a condo near the beach in Florida. I've always enjoyed the weather down there. I don't know anyone but that won't stop me from getting around town and making new friends." She smiled at her and held her hand. "I want to pass the Guardianship of the house to you and go enjoy myself in a new place. You will have to come visit me or I'll miss my favorite niece."

***

Wow! This place is mine. It's really mine now. I can't believe it! Carina thought a week later as she unpacked a few necessities. Once Aunt Sally made her announcement, there was no going back and the last week was full of changes to pack and move. Aunt Sally already shipped what she wanted to keep down to her new condo and only needed a hand to pack the clothes she left at the house.

Carina needed a little help to pick out what to keep and what was to go at her own spacious loft apartment. She decided to put the place up for rent because she didn't want to sell it in the low market. Besides, the loft was her first home that she owned and she wasn't about to give it up now.

Once all the major decisions were made and the right papers signed, Aunt Sally spent a few days hanging out with her favorite niece and then headed off to a new adventure with a confident stride.

She caressed the hand made stairwell with a fond smile. "I am going to have the time of my life fixing you up, you darling old beauty! It's a prime chance to show off my interior design skills and to work on some repairs. Maybe it's time to make the kitchen a bit more modern. What do you say, old girl?"

With a last look around the house, Carina went up to bed. It's been a long week and there's still a lot to do. She's been working at her job and moving at the same time. This is the first night in a while that she's going to bed at midnight. A sigh of content whispered from Carina as she snuggled into the four poster bed. A few hours later, her sleeveless silk nightgown twisted up around her waist as she turned restlessly in her sleep. Needy little moans and longing sighs fell from Carina's full lips as she slept. Her shapely legs were parted a bit, showing pale wispy curls and a glint of wetness trickling down.

~*~​
 
Talia Rose Carlton

Name: Talia Rose Carlton
Age: 18
Height: 5'2"
Hair: Dark Auburn (dark brown with rich gold & red tones), long wavy hair down to just past her butt.
Eyes: Sky Blue
Face: Heart shaped face, wide forehead, widow's peak, large wide spread eyes, high cheekbones, snubbed nose, naturally dark rose full lips (lower lip is fuller than the top)

Body: Petite, full B size breasts with small pink nipples, small waist, small curvy hips, round muscular rear end, well toned legs and dainty hands/feets. Talia's legs are longer than her torso. Makes it seem as though her chest is larger than it is. Her skin is creamy white with a pink tint and fairly soft to the touch.

Appearance: Talia hasn't had time to care about fashion and makeup for several years. The days where she used to plan a fresh outfit for each event and different parts of the day are long gone. Now she makes due with mending/altering old dresses.

Glasses. Talia wears thick black framed glasses with plain glass lens. She thinks they make her look older.

Her long hair is braided and then coiled on top of her head. It's a functional disarray. She's become lean in the past few years and no longer fill out her dresses. She alternates wearing a faded blue-grey or dark grey dresses that sag on her and hides her body shape. Numerous frills on the top gives her a flat chest, the bunching of the skirts take away the curve of her hips or ass. She frequently kicks the skirt to not step on them and occasionally trips over her own feet.

http://www.wallpaperpin.com/webdisk/steampunk-tags.jpg
794296-bigthumbnail.jpg

30619.jpg
 
Bright Light Shunned

She woke without memory or thought, just a driving, insatiable hunger clawing from the depths of her howling belly and desert dry lips. Newborn? Transmuted? A new Child of the Night. She is less than a mindless beast and totally driven by her hunger. Her Sire takes her in hand, guiding her back beyond bestial response to thought and teaches her all she needs to know to be a strong hunter of the night. He never counted on her memories and the strength of their hold on her upon their return.
 
Zaria Khaiz'el

Zaria Khaiz’el
Age: 20
Height: 5’7”
Eyes: Amber
Hair/Mane: Black with Silver streaks (Shortish wild hair on top, length to lower back)
Face: Triangular shape, large eyes, small nub nose, wide full lips and pointed cat ears on top sides of head.
Body: Runner’s build, very toned, 34B breasts with large pink nipples, small muscular butt, long legs, slender hands, sharp nails, long slender tail (about 2’)
 
Let Me In

The three beautiful Olsson sisters.

*~*​

Marta Marie Greenwood of Darwild

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvduY1_o6Ux-s2XjQEDkBHGHPT8-bsPXwqiZhNw9FXjFLruxDlxw

Inanna Deirdre Kreston

fbb8959337b9b19a149bf4be8de48df9.jpg


Bethany Esther Olsson

crown-braid-pigtails.jpg


df069f27232870cf68b28ebc74bf7196.jpg

Kyvan, the Wolf (Dirty Blond, Blue Eyes)

92d84129e6dfde0dab0b9bd859ca8efe.jpg

Sorin, 2nd in Command, Archer (Brown Hair, Green Eyes)

Scars_Example_2.jpg

Yeertha, 3rd in Command (Sadist - Brown Hair, Black Eyes)
 
Last edited:
Artist Obession

Out of nowhere, a stranger grabs her arm and pulls her to a halt. His intense eyes searches over her face, stalks over her body and return to meet her eyes. An intense awareness throbs between them. She's never seen him before but it feels like she's known him forever. Even his voice, when he speaks, sounds familiar. He's deep voice harsh with his panting breath. A declaration. A statement. A claiming.

"You're real. Real. Mine."
(More on this idea here.)
 
Lyra Daire

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR20BZ1AARP5q_Eym55Z4KYir5sRVVFHyV9A7dxmsB3SGN2QjVCwA

89ad2d1300790b566f3f2ac1c452eae3.jpg


Bio & History on file.
 
Living Desire

There was always a feeling that something was missing and she tried everything to fill it: successful career, countless lovers, traveling all the world and still it wasn't enough. Then she found her. She found the most life like statue she has ever seen. A statue that looks just like her. (More here.)
 
Nightingale

She can sing the birds from the trees, bring back to life for those waiting on death's door and make wannabe lovers shed tears of bitter sorrow for a second of her touch. Yet she cannot speak a word. She can only sing. And her heart yearns for love. To be loved.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top