A Picture is Worth a Thousand FAWCs

So, who's FAWCking? I'm waiting impatientlee to read them!

It should be a few days before they post. They aren't in an Web site contest. I think they posted in three days for the last FAWC, which was still a few days ahead of what the regular file was experiencing.

I trust when FAWCKer submits them, he will post an author's list.

I'm going to put them all in the queue tomorrow, and Laurel has asked me to let her know when I do so. Hopefully, the stories will post as quickly as they did for the first two challenges.

I'm still writing furiously as we speak! :)

Almost done, I think, and then I'll proof a bit. I still probably won't get it in until the last minute.

Which reminds me, I need to send FAWCER a message ... ;)

I'm still writing furiously as we speak! :)

Almost done, I think, and then I'll proof a bit. I still probably won't get it in until the last minute.

Which reminds me, I need to send FAWCER a message ... ;)

Did ya finish?

I did! Phew! I really rushed it, but I still kind of like the story. Can't wait to read them all!

Okay . . . .

All the stories have been submitted. There were some problems with formatting that I hope I corrected. If not, I'm sure Laurel will kick them back and I'll have to work a little magic. Some contributors didn't include tags or a description, so I had to come up with those.

There was one hiccup, however. One of the stories, as submitted to me, was corrupted and I was not able to upload it. I have been in contact with that person already, and they were unable to provide a version I could open. So we are down one submission, leaving us with just nine.

Still, I think this was a good turnout. Hopefully the stories will post soon.

Good luck, everyone!

All nine stories are pending. They should all post tomorrow. The stories we have are as follows:

Anything for Iris
Booty Hideaway
Fly Me
For Her
Harmony and Dissonance
The Green Flash
The Soul Eaters
Wallpaper
Wave!

Our Authors (in no particular order):

MistressLynn
TxTallTales
sr71plt
Sheablue
xelliebabex
MSTarot
Patientlee

You will notice the absence of slyc_willie from the list of authors. Mine was the file that was corrupted. I had been working off a flash drive, and my laptop crashed at one point, resulting in the corrupted drive.

As the stories will (most likely) post tomorrow, that will give us over a week of voting.

Good luck, everyone!

You will notice the absence of slyc_willie from the list of authors. Mine was the file that was corrupted. I had been working off a flash drive, and my laptop crashed at one point, resulting in the corrupted drive.

As the stories will (most likely) post tomorrow, that will give us over a week of voting.

Good luck, everyone!

Oh no! How disappointing!

Pity you can't do a cut and paste of some sort and get your story slipped in, Slyc.

Turns out to be enough, I think, for variety of creative approaches to show forth and a good group of authors. All of the stories fit on the "New" listing on the category page, at least, so there won't be the disadvantages of some not showing on that listing.

I don't think there was anything offputting about the exercise. Maybe it would help to only do it twice a year, though. This one did have sort of a "wedged-in" effect to it.

Good show on being able to get them posted faster than the current schedule.

Oh no! How disappointing!

It is, but it wouldn't have been fair for me to make an exception for myself.

Pity you can't do a cut and paste of some sort and get your story slipped in, Slyc.

I should have known better than to use the flash drive, since it had been corrupted once before and had to be re-imaged. But I wanted to be able to write when away from home. Guess I learned my lesson.

Turns out to be enough, I think, for variety of creative approaches to show forth and a good group of authors. All of the stories fit on the "New" listing on the category page, at least, so there won't be the disadvantages of some not showing on that listing.

I don't think there was anything offputting about the exercise. Maybe it would help to only do it twice a year, though. This one did have sort of a "wedged-in" effect to it.

Good show on being able to get them posted faster than the current schedule.

Having read through them all (although not in detail), I have to say I'm pretty happy with the various takes. It will be fun to see how this all pans out.

I agree that this FAWC was more or less wedged in. The next will probably be after the Valentine's Day contest, since we'll have about a month and half between site contests.

As for posting, I am once again indebted to Laurel for being so quick on this. I get the feeling she's enjoying FAWC as much as we are. ;)

When you get the story uncorrupted, why don't you post it to the regular file, Slyc, letting us know which one it is. No reason why it can't be discussed with the rest.

When you get the story uncorrupted, why don't you post it to the regular file, Slyc, letting us know which one it is. No reason why it can't be discussed with the rest.

I agree, Slyc, and I'd even be in favor of giving yourself an advantage, since you work so hard putting together this contest. If there is a way to slip it in, I say do it! (no pun intended.) ;)

In terms of the complete exercise, you couldn't slip it in now. We could figure out which one was yours. But in terms of the intent of the exercise, you could link it to the exercise and it could be included in the discussion. You submitted it in time; it just didn't go due to technical difficulties. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you did with the image.

In terms of the complete exercise, you couldn't slip it in now. We could figure out which one was yours. But in terms of the intent of the exercise, you could link it to the exercise and it could be included in the discussion. You submitted it in time; it just didn't go due to technical difficulties. I'm sure we'd all like to see what you did with the image.

Yes! That's what I meant. I love the discussions afterwards, and I'm excited to actually have a finished story in the contest to discuss, this time! :D

Seven authors and Nine stories, will you let us know who wrote two? Just for the whole guessing and discussion part that seems to be such a big part of Fawc?

Seven authors and Nine stories, will you let us know who wrote two? Just for the whole guessing and discussion part that seems to be such a big part of Fawc?

I think revealing that beforehand would spoil the exercise and the discussion and wasn't included in the instructions up front.

Back