Old 05-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
For old time's sake

Who remembers this?
__________________
An invitation to read.

Last edited by GuiltyPleasure : 05-28-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: screwed up title unscrewed
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-2016, 09:10 PM   #2
Angeline
Poet Chick
 
Angeline's Avatar
 
Angeline is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Jazzonia
Posts: 25,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
Who remembers this?
*runs screaming from thread*


Hats off to Annie who finished and won!
__________________
Shed a Little Light

Poems
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2016, 01:05 AM   #3
legerdemer
sailing on the seven seas
 
legerdemer's Avatar
 
legerdemer is offline
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West of sunrise
Posts: 6,792
Whoa, scary! *backing up on tip-toes*
__________________
Legerdemer, a trick of the sea... call me Mer ~ ç'est moi.

AH profile

My stuff and nonsense

A Lover's Wish

Gone fishing...
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
Magnetron
Deep Under Groundhog
 
Magnetron's Avatar
 
Magnetron is offline
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 3,421
No effin way.
__________________
.
.

  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Not as scary as it sounds initially and I only entered because I was pushed, but I must admit I was struggling by the end of the year and it dried up my muse for a long time afterwards!
Also admits to smiling as I lapped people by going round for a 2nd and 3rd time
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits

Last edited by UnderYourSpell : 05-28-2016 at 02:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #6
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
It disabled my muse too but it forced me to try new-to-me forms I'd never have attempted otherwise. Do any of the participants still around have poems they submitted and they're particularly proud of? if so post 'em here.....pretty please.
__________________
An invitation to read.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
Angeline
Poet Chick
 
Angeline's Avatar
 
Angeline is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Jazzonia
Posts: 25,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
It disabled my muse too but it forced me to try new-to-me forms I'd never have attempted otherwise. Do any of the participants still around have poems they submitted and they're particularly proud of? if so post 'em here.....pretty please.
I didn't last long at all (I see from my scorecard), but here is a villanelle I wrote for the challenge:

Flowers and Corpses (A Villanelle)
byAngeline©

The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm,
Even the paintings are vertigo sweet.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

Whey-faced attendants with rictus aplomb
Cluster like crows among cars and the street.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm

And hush. The lilies lean in for the psalm
Still has clarity. When families meet,
There’s flowers and corpses. (Unlikely balm.)

Still we grip petals of hope in the palm,
Resolute in thrall of flesh yielding heat.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm,

They wear too much perfume. The music, Brahms,
doesn't soothe, all is rouged but incomplete.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

The day, much like death, slips endlessly on
In each tick of time and click of heartbeat.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

~

Morbid, huh?
__________________
Shed a Little Light

Poems
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #8
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
I didn't last long at all (I see from my scorecard), but here is a villanelle I wrote for the challenge:

Flowers and Corpses (A Villanelle)
byAngeline©

The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm,
Even the paintings are vertigo sweet.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

Whey-faced attendants with rictus aplomb
Cluster like crows among cars and the street.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm

And hush. The lilies lean in for the psalm
Still has clarity. When families meet,
There’s flowers and corpses. (Unlikely balm.)

Still we grip petals of hope in the palm,
Resolute in thrall of flesh yielding heat.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm,

They wear too much perfume. The music, Brahms,
doesn't soothe, all is rouged but incomplete.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

The day, much like death, slips endlessly on
In each tick of time and click of heartbeat.
The pastel rooms are disturbingly calm.
There’s flowers and corpses. Unlikely balm.

~

Morbid, huh?
No, it's beautiful, both in imagery and execution of the form.
__________________
An invitation to read.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 03:12 PM   #9
Angeline
Poet Chick
 
Angeline's Avatar
 
Angeline is offline
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Jazzonia
Posts: 25,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
No, it's beautiful, both in imagery and execution of the form.
Thank you.
__________________
Shed a Little Light

Poems
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #10
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
Thank you.
It could be published, stand alone. So many of my poems are too weird without the context of that brutal challenge.
__________________
An invitation to read.
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #11
Remec
Master Glomper
 
Remec's Avatar
 
Remec is offline
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 8,184
I guess I didn't bookmark my scorecard thread for this challenge (or I shunted it in disgust at not finishing), but I have several submitted to Lit's poems. Let me see what I can find:

At the Mall is a pantoum that uses a trigger requiring certain words

Banshee


Enspelled Masquerade


On Patrol

Rapunzel

The Tale of Little Red

That appears to be all I have stashed away.
__________________
My Stuff
AH Directory



"I have set my life upon a cast, and I shall stand the hazard of the die." -- Richard III

"Watch out for this guy! He's slick! And dark... and mysterious... and maybe even a bit evil! But in a totally sexy way!" -- BooMerengue
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 07:22 PM   #12
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
It disabled my muse too but it forced me to try new-to-me forms I'd never have attempted otherwise. Do any of the participants still around have poems they submitted and they're particularly proud of? if so post 'em here.....pretty please.
Well there's always this I'd forgotten it was written for Survivor!

Higgledy piggledy everso squiggerdly
rolls the dung beetle all over the land
picking up masses and even morasses
making the most of whatever's at hand.
Little dung beetle, oh little dung beetle
why does your heart sing for buckets of it
life rolling onwards backwards and forwards
shovelling up elephants bit after bit.

Not forgetting being outed by Gm for the first two and last two letters in the last line!
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #13
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remec View Post
I guess I didn't bookmark my scorecard thread for this challenge (or I shunted it in disgust at not finishing), but I have several submitted to Lit's poems. Let me see what I can find:

At the Mall is a pantoum that uses a trigger requiring certain words

Banshee


Enspelled Masquerade


On Patrol

Rapunzel

The Tale of Little Red

That appears to be all I have stashed away.
It's still HERE
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2016, 11:08 PM   #14
champagne1982
Dangerous Liaison
 
champagne1982's Avatar
 
champagne1982 is offline
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 7,317
mine are linked

champagne1982 Scorecard
__________________
Get Carrie'd away.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #15
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by champagne1982 View Post
mine are linked

champagne1982 Scorecard
They were a fine hunting ground for my Cento
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2016, 02:23 PM   #16
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
Tooting my horn, forgive me.....

......but this made me proud........

Survivor poem - Form Y - Terza Rima Trigger 23 (a speck of dust)

A mote emotes

We float in weightless ecstasy, my countrymen and I,
invisible, we dance unseen until, perhaps, a beam
of cloudless sun unveils our show to the observant eye.

This throng will dance in light and air as if locked in a dream
but often tempo ratchets up encouraged by a breeze.
We are not as benevolent as we, at first, may seem,

if we can find you mouth and nose a favourite game’s to tease,
your nose will run, your eyes will itch and often cry some tears,
we dance our dance inside your nose until we make you sneeze.

Some huddle under furniture, if undisturbed, for years
but I prefer to be alone and dance to my own drum,
I whirl; I float in dreamy drifts, unmindful of my peers

but I am not complacent for I know I may succumb
to mop and bucket, duster or voracious vac-u-um.
-
__________________
An invitation to read.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2016, 08:48 PM   #17
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
......but this made me proud........

Survivor poem - Form Y - Terza Rima Trigger 23 (a speck of dust)

A mote emotes

We float in weightless ecstasy, my countrymen and I,
invisible, we dance unseen until, perhaps, a beam
of cloudless sun unveils our show to the observant eye.

This throng will dance in light and air as if locked in a dream
but often tempo ratchets up encouraged by a breeze.
We are not as benevolent as we, at first, may seem,

if we can find you mouth and nose a favourite game’s to tease,
your nose will run, your eyes will itch and often cry some tears,
we dance our dance inside your nose until we make you sneeze.

Some huddle under furniture, if undisturbed, for years
but I prefer to be alone and dance to my own drum,
I whirl; I float in dreamy drifts, unmindful of my peers

but I am not complacent for I know I may succumb
to mop and bucket, duster or voracious vac-u-um.
-
Love the last Couplet!
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #18
GuiltyPleasure
kinda experienced
 
GuiltyPleasure is offline
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: in perpetual bliss.
Posts: 13,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderYourSpell View Post
Love the last Couplet!
Yours was my sole comment for which I love you.
__________________
An invitation to read.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #19
UnderYourSpell
Gerund Whore
 
UnderYourSpell's Avatar
 
UnderYourSpell is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 13,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
Yours was my sole comment for which I love you.
The feeling is mutual Let's face it most members in this day and age don't know what a Terza Rima is let alone attempt one. I fear the days of form challenges are slipping away, I used to enjoy them so much too and learned much. I gave up on the Teach Ins for lack of participants, nobody seems willing to stretch themselves beyond Free style. It's all a case of 'Oh I can't right forms', when I first came to this site I couldn't either(apart from a Ballad type) but I was willing to give it a go and made many mistakes but we had fun along the way.
__________________

Blessed are the cracked for it is they that let in the light
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient.
But giving the finger is free, too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
If at first you don't succeed....skydiving is not for you ....
If you don't pay your exorcist .... do you get repossessed?
I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind.
....But I, being poor, have only my dreams, I have spread my dreams under your feet,Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.......
Nil Caborundum illigitimi
Sestina slut
Annie submits
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 PM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.