Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 06-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #1
loveking
Virgin
 
loveking is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 11
How do I get my story moved to a different category?

I want to either get some stories moved to a different category or get them deleted and start again. I’ve tried sending an email to Laurel but other than a spam protection email which I duly followed I have had no response. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to move or delete stories once they are published?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveking View Post
I want to either get some stories moved to a different category or get them deleted and start again. I’ve tried sending an email to Laurel but other than a spam protection email which I duly followed I have had no response. Am I doing something wrong or is it impossible to move or delete stories once they are published?
Laurel doesn't answer e-mails through the site.

It is a feature that does not work yet is left there as some sort of joke.

You can reach her by sending her a pm. At the top of the author's hangout forum you see the thread announcing the nude day contest. Click on her name and send her a PM.

However, if your story is in a category you did not pick she may have put it there and most likely won't change her mind. If you did it by mistake she can probably help.

The other route is to re submit the stories with the word "delete" after the title. After a few days the story will be removed and you can try again.
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #3
loveking
Virgin
 
loveking is offline
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 11
Thumbs up

Many thanks for your reply. I think that the delete and start again option might be the best solution.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 34,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveking View Post
Many thanks for your reply. I think that the delete and start again option might be the best solution.
Not necessarily on the issue of category. The editor puts it where she thinks it should go regardless of what category the author chooses. You might just see it go to the same category again.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
lovecraft68
Bad Doggie
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 20,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Not necessarily on the issue of category. The editor puts it where she thinks it should go regardless of what category the author chooses. You might just see it go to the same category again.
You may be right. The op never specified who's error they felt it was.
__________________
Something "real men" should know.

The queen is the most powerful piece in the game of chess and frequently has to protect the rather weak king.

Just like in real life.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #6
MrPezman
Really Experienced
 
MrPezman's Avatar
 
MrPezman is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 172
Moved, no... deleted?

It'd be nice if I could delete two of my stories that I'd written when I first began submitting on Lit. I don't want them there as a representation of me as a writer, but is there any possible way to delete them?
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
glynndah
Good little witch.
 
glynndah's Avatar
 
glynndah is offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Floating around in my sparkly bubble
Posts: 25,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPezman View Post
It'd be nice if I could delete two of my stories that I'd written when I first began submitting on Lit. I don't want them there as a representation of me as a writer, but is there any possible way to delete them?
Sure. Just re-submit them with "DELETE" added to the title line and in the Notes field.
__________________
"When did I go from the good little witch to the not good enough for you little witch?"
"If you could read my mind, love, what a tale my thoughts could tell."
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but sometimes just a few carefully chosen words can inspire thousands of pictures."
"My! People come and go so quickly here!"
“Technically, a witch is always a lady, except when circumstances dictate otherwise.”

"A from a good witch brings a week of good luck!"

The good little witch writes naughty things.
  Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
MrPezman
Really Experienced
 
MrPezman's Avatar
 
MrPezman is offline
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by glynndah View Post
Sure. Just re-submit them with "DELETE" added to the title line and in the Notes field.
Really? I'll give that a try. It'll be a relief to get rid of those two stories...
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.