Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
slumbermama
Really Experienced

Question

Okay, never really tried bdsm...but am curious. I have been approached a couple of times by men asking me if I would be interested in a father daughter type bdsm thing. Is that the norm? What do most men look for?

Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

What are you curious about?

Don't worry about what most other people look for-- figure out what YOU look for. That's your first step. Then you can look for people who want what you want.

Read the essay in my signature, and see if it pokes you in the cerebellum some.

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
slumbermama
Really Experienced

Wink

I know the incest thing is not my thing. If it works for others GREAT! But for me, that is not my thing.

Spanking and bondage...yeah...as long as I am with someone I trust I can handle. Not sure how far I could/would go...but it does interest me.

Thanks for taking time to respond.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
SkyeGal
Virgin

Father/daughter could be incest play...or it could be a Daddy Dom looking for a submissive, which is a totally different thing. I'd ask the person whether they are into D/s or into family play; his response could be telling.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
JamieJ424
Literotica Guru

Everybody's different. Don't go for 'normal.' Find someone who makes you squirm and see what happens.

J

Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
curious12154
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeGal View Post
Father/daughter could be incest play...or it could be a Daddy Dom looking for a submissive, which is a totally different thing. I'd ask the person whether they are into D/s or into family play; his response could be telling.
I don't know about others, but whether or not the Daddy Dom is incest play is irrelevant - the name is the problem in itself. I'm quite curious about a dom/sub relationship, but there is no way I could ever call a master Daddy.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
slumbermama
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious12154 View Post
I don't know about others, but whether or not the Daddy Dom is incest play is irrelevant - the name is the problem in itself. I'm quite curious about a dom/sub relationship, but there is no way I could ever call a master Daddy.
THAT is where I am. The whole incest thing is NOT something I could do. The rest makes me curious.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
CutieMouse
Meticulously Flighty

Incest play and "Daddy Dom" style relationships are not the same thing. Some Daddy Dom style relationships may include incest role play, but many do not. Also, people who are attracted to Daddy Dom style dynamics do not necessarily have "daddy issues."

There are plenty of people who have Daddy Dom style dynamics, without calling their partner "Daddy"... just like there are plenty of people who are in D/s relationships, without ever using the terms "Sir" or "Master".

The most common explanation I've seen for a Daddy Dom style relationship involves a different sort of energy than the standard "Me MASTER; you sub[slave]!" thing. There may be a more nurturing/mentoring vibe, or things might be a little more playful than one might expect. Sometimes a Daddy Dom style relationship involves permission (or encouragement) to act out a bit, or be bratty - something that might otherwise be discouraged in a different style of D/s.

(Age also has nothing to do with it - there are relationships in which the Daddy Dom is younger than the submissive, or traditional gender roles are reversed.)

Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman

You might be able to tell someone that although you would like the kind of care and love that goes along with that dynamic, you have a problem with the term itself.

If someone is not flexible enough to deal with that they probably have some other issues that they cannot be flexible on as well. So it's a good early warning.

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
slumbermama
Really Experienced

Thank you to all that answered this post or sent a pm. It helped answer that question...I am sure I will think of more that might or will most likely be asked at some point.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
Deacon13
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeGal View Post
Voted Best Answer