Love on the High Seas

Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Posts
7
Please PM interest. My writing style is described in the first post of my Sanctuary. The link is in my signature.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cruiseship stood proudly in the harbour, waiting patiently for its passengers. As he unloaded my bags from the cab, Adrian took a moment to take in a breath of the atmosphere building on the docks.

He had won this trip on a local radio competition. At first, he wasn't sure whether he should go. Being a very successful stockbroker left him very little time to relax and enjoy life. But when he landed the Jefferson deal last week, he was told to take a holiday. It couldn't have come at a better time.*

Inside, the crusie ship was even more beautiful. The carpeted hallways were soft under each step, the crystal clear windows giving amazing views in each direction. His cabin had everything, including his own private deck with jacuzzi.

He collapsed on the bed, smiling to himself. Then again, he would be smiling a lot more once we returned.

He unpacked his bag, changed into a casual shirt and shorts, slipping on some flip flops. He then made his way to the top deck to watch the ship leave the harbour. He surveyed the city behind him, which had only been filled with work and no play for months. Now that he was on this cruise, he realised how much he needed this break. He ordered a cocktail, settled a table, and started people watching. It seemed to be mostly couples. In fact, he hadn't seen another lone traveller since he had set foot on the ship. He would just have to immerse himself in all the activities the ship had to offer.
 
Back
Top