Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Just wondering

I remember, not so long ago, when no one had heard the word paedophile.

Now every one has and laws have been made retrospective to catch and punish perpetrators. People who did it 50 years ago are being hauled before the courts. People who proselytised are also being hunted.

In view of the expense of incest, nursing homes with a surprisingly large occupancy of people with inadequate genetics as a result of incest, it isn't difficult to imagine that it will be the next concentration of the law and of social abhorrence.

It seems strange to me that incest is such a popular topic. People even expect to win competitions with stories based on incest. It could be that one day there will be a prize most unexpected, a knock on the door and being dragged off to jail as happens now with pedophiles.

I suspect it would be easy to troll through the archives of sites such as this to discover those who have fallen into disfavour.

I wonder whether it has occurred to others that this is a possible scenario?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 31,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
In view of the expense of incest, nursing homes with a surprisingly large occupancy of people with inadequate genetics as a result of incest, it isn't difficult to imagine that it will be the next concentration of the law and of social abhorrence.
Think we should start with pinning down the underlying assertion. Can you cite some sources on this being the issue you paint it as here? I'm not all that aware of incest being all that rampant in real life.

Beyond that a slug of what readers/writers think is incest isn't--at least not in the biological definition. And another slug of what worries people about incest--the gene business--isn't an issue in gay male writing at all--or any other coupling that doesn't result in pregnancy. Incest isn't a taboo in mainstream writing. The quirk is that is iffy at best to write about in erotica but can fly right along in mainstream works.

None of this means I support incest or have any interest in it, really. It's just that a whole lot of hot air discussion can come out of faulty assertions.
__________________
"I don;t spend time checking on what other people are doing, I just worry about my own shit." -- Lovecraft68

"although I may come across here as somewhat abrasive at times I respect people's efforts and take feelings into consideration." -- Lovecraft68

Last edited by sr71plt : 02-04-2013 at 01:07 AM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #3
DeeZire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
.... It could be that one day there will be a prize most unexpected, a knock on the door and being dragged off to jail as happens now with pedophiles....
Some people are saying the same thing about guns - that the government will confiscate them one day. That's why they're against a federal gun registry. Paranoia can become an obsession for some people. The fact that they're gullible or uninformed doesn't make their paranoia valid, but I suppose it could be interesting if one wanted to study where paranoia crosses the line and becomes delusional behavior.

I have read that certain personality types are more prone to paranoia, and that those general personality traits can be attributed to genetic factors. These are the people who accept a more authoritarian view of the world. Everything is either black or white. Right or wrong. Devine or sinful. There is no middle ground. No gray area to consider. In this context, these people can be very easily manipulated into believing conspiracy theories that would be laughable to the educated observer.

In other words, whoever postulated this theory about incest writers getting hauled off to jail one day has nothing to worry about. At least not in the USA.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #4
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Think we should start with pinning down the underlying assertion. Can you cite some sources on this being the issue you paint it as here? I'm not all that aware of incest being all that rampant in real life.

Beyond that a slug of what readers/writers think is incest isn't--at least not in the biological definition. And another slug of what worries people about incest--the gene business--isn't an issue in gay male writing at all--or any other coupling that doesn't result in pregnancy. Incest isn't a taboo in mainstream writing. The quirk is that is iffy at best to write about in erotica but can fly right along in mainstream works.

None of this means I support incest or have any interest in it, really. It's just that a whole lot of hot air discussion can come out of faulty assertions.
Respected sir,
I have worked in nursing homes and seen the results of incest. It is not that uncommon. It is difficult to cite examples because of the demands of confidentiality but one example of it resulted in von Willebrand's disease and the loss of the Russian Empire in 1917. It should also be evident from the number of pedophillia cases in court now that involve family members.

As you say, where there is no issue it is not an issue. My guess though is that common sense doesn't apply to the law and that it is a broad brush inclined to sweep all before it. It doesn't matter what we think. Politics and the law are full of sanctimony. It is very difficult to combat. There are enough people who would make it their mission. What issue will be next, after people tire of pedophillia?

I simply wonder what others think. I wouldn't be at all surprised. As I said, pedophilia was once unknown. Now it's an industry.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #5
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeZire View Post
Some people are saying the same thing about guns - that the government will confiscate them one day. That's why they're against a federal gun registry. Paranoia can become an obsession for some people. The fact that they're gullible or uninformed doesn't make their paranoia valid, but I suppose it could be interesting if one wanted to study where paranoia crosses the line and becomes delusional behavior.

I have read that certain personality types are more prone to paranoia, and that those general personality traits can be attributed to genetic factors. These are the people who accept a more authoritarian view of the world. Everything is either black or white. Right or wrong. Devine or sinful. There is no middle ground. No gray area to consider. In this context, these people can be very easily manipulated into believing conspiracy theories that would be laughable to the educated observer.

In other words, whoever postulated this theory about incest writers getting hauled off to jail one day has nothing to worry about. At least not in the USA.
First, this is not even close to being like guns. I have absolutely no respect for the advocacy of guns and those who do it. There is no question about it. It's not black and white. It's all black.
Having established my human credentials,
Second, where is the paranoia- in addressing the question or about incest? As I said, pedophiles had no thought of being hauled off to jail either. With retrospective legislation it is now happening, some times with the offenses having been committed 50 years ago. The police of most countries actually hunt for pedophiles on the net. (a round of warm applause). The USA is no different.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Stella_Omega
No Gentleman
 
Stella_Omega's Avatar
 
Stella_Omega is offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Shaken, not stirred
Posts: 38,941
Dude-- although people didn't talk about pedophilia it most absolutely existed. And it was horrible, even when it wasn't talked about.

It might seem to you that people are TOO aware of it-- and yes, people at this time tend to jump to conclusions. But that's really because the consequences of sexual abuse on small children are horrible. It can cripple a child, physically-- not to mention mentally.

Incest can be roughly sorted two ways-- the kind perpetrated upon a dependent who has no power, and the kind engaged in, mutually and consensually, by adults. The first is illegal and will remain so, on account of this new awareness of pedophilia. The second-- who knows?

As far as children being born-- I'm sure we have all heard of birth control by now, even if we live in Texas or Utah.
__________________
"Oh woe, these be perilous times! Children no longer obey their elders, and everybody is writing a book!"
--Pliny the Elder, AD76

All about Stella; My AH profile
Stella's stories on lit

An essay for BDSM Newbies; Top, bottom, dominant, submissive-- and the differences thereof Now rewritten with extra sparkle!
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #7
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Omega View Post
Dude-- although people didn't talk about pedophilia it most absolutely existed. And it was horrible, even when it wasn't talked about.

It might seem to you that people are TOO aware of it-- and yes, people at this time tend to jump to conclusions. But that's really because the consequences of sexual abuse on small children are horrible. It can cripple a child, physically-- not to mention mentally.

Incest can be roughly sorted two ways-- the kind perpetrated upon a dependent who has no power, and the kind engaged in, mutually and consensually, by adults. The first is illegal and will remain so, on account of this new awareness of pedophilia. The second-- who knows?

As far as children being born-- I'm sure we have all heard of birth control by now, even if we live in Texas or Utah.
Thank you. I agree and find your message most supportive. Do you think it's possible that web sites such as Literotica could be used to collect evidence or that it could be the sole source of evidence that could lead to prosecution? This is what I'm thinking. Has it already happened?
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #8
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia (occasionally USA)
Posts: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
Respected sir,
I have worked in nursing homes and seen the results of incest.
Problem here is confirmation bias: unless you've performed genetic testing on those patients, you don't actually know whether what you've seen is "the results of incest", or just "a child of inbreeding who also happened to have some unrelated condition".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
It is not that uncommon. It is difficult to cite examples because of the demands of confidentiality but one example of it resulted in von Willebrand's disease and the loss of the Russian Empire in 1917.
Er, no.

Queen Victoria's descendants, including the Russian royal family, didn't have von Willebrand's. As was long suspected (due to the patterns of inheritance) and recently confirmed, they had Hemophilia B.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/326/5954/817.abstract

And speaking of confirmation bias, this is a shining example: Hemophilia B has nothing to do with inbreeding. There certainly are other genetic diseases that are heavily associated with inbreeding, but Hemophilia B isn't one of them, because the way it's passed on.

As far as can be told, Queen Victoria acquired a spontaneous mutation in one of her X chromosomes (could just as easily have happened to any woman) and passed it on to her children. Any male descendants who inherited the bad X chromosome manifested severe hemophilia. Inbreeding doesn't play a part in either of those things; the fact that it happened to a family with a history of inbreeding is just an odd coincidence, a bit of bad luck that's also happened to plenty of other families without such a history.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #9
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramblethorn View Post
Problem here is confirmation bias: unless you've performed genetic testing on those patients, you don't actually know whether what you've seen is "the results of incest", or just "a child of inbreeding who also happened to have some unrelated condition".



Er, no.

Queen Victoria's descendants, including the Russian royal family, didn't have von Willebrand's. As was long suspected (due to the patterns of inheritance) and recently confirmed, they had Hemophilia B.

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/326/5954/817.abstract

And speaking of confirmation bias, this is a shining example: Hemophilia B has nothing to do with inbreeding. There certainly are other genetic diseases that are heavily associated with inbreeding, but Hemophilia B isn't one of them, because the way it's passed on.

As far as can be told, Queen Victoria acquired a spontaneous mutation in one of her X chromosomes (could just as easily have happened to any woman) and passed it on to her children. Any male descendants who inherited the bad X chromosome manifested severe hemophilia. Inbreeding doesn't play a part in either of those things; the fact that it happened to a family with a history of inbreeding is just an odd coincidence, a bit of bad luck that's also happened to plenty of other families without such a history.
Thank you. I enjoyed that. Yes, it probably was confirmation bias. Genetic testing has certainly changed a lot of things. My concerns though still persist.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
Derroreaper
Really Experienced
 
Derroreaper's Avatar
 
Derroreaper is offline
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California Desert
Posts: 210
I get the impression you think they may outlaw the writing of incest stories, and then run around arresting the people that wrote them before it was outlawed, but that isn't how things work here.

You used child molestation to back up your thoughts, but it was never legal in the first place. They removed the statute of limitations on it, because children tend to block it out or repress it until later in life. Or they just plain won't report their abuser out of fear or even love at a young age.

Our laws don't become retroactive after they pass, so no need to be concerned, believe me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derroreaper View Post
I get the impression you think they may outlaw the writing of incest stories, and then run around arresting the people that wrote them before it was outlawed, but that isn't how things work here.

You used child molestation to back up your thoughts, but it was never legal in the first place. They removed the statute of limitations on it, because children tend to block it out or repress it until later in life. Or they just plain won't report their abuser out of fear or even love at a young age.

Our laws don't become retroactive after they pass, so no need to be concerned, believe me.
That's what I wanted to know. I think it translates to this country too. It's good to have a cogent view and I couldn't find one. Mind you, some aspects of incest are illegal (as said previously by another) and I don't see it as impossible that things in Literotica could be used as evidence to support matters already in court. It says to me that if one doesn't have any other reason to be prosecuted then it would be ok, so long as it's legal now. I presume that Literotica has had extensive legal advice. I hope my understanding is now correct. Thank you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Ironiclaconic
Really Really Experienced
 
Ironiclaconic is offline
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 343
The war against child porn is rooted in eliminating the demand for material that horrifically exploits kids. I don't see any related damage caused by incest porn so long as it doesn't include children. Might mores change and currently edgy material starts coming under fire? I doubt it. With the very specific and justifiable exception of child porn, the overwhelming trend has been toward greater tolerance for previously prohibited topics. Ulysses, Lady Chatterly, Lolita, and Tropic of Cancer all had obscenity fights in the middle of the last century, despite being very tame by the standards of books that are currently dominating the best seller lists.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Desiremakesmeweak
Really Really Experienced
 
Desiremakesmeweak is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mostly Australia
Posts: 437
I wonder if these two things can really be equated at all?

By 'paedophilia' people mean sexual abuse of a minor. They don't mean 'LOVERS of young children!' Certainly not in the sense of actual LOVE as is commonly understood. Paedophilia - the crime - is a very one-sided thing in which one side that is physically stronger, takes advantage of the weaker and less resourceful party. It is a natural moral crime as much as it may be a crime by statute.

'Incest' is much more of a spectrum thing, with a moving cultural and social set of taboos or limitations. It is much more difficult to create some sort of absolutist 'crime' written into law here because of the varying definitions that different cultures have placed on it. In some places around the world sex between second cousins is taboo, in some other places it is not. In ancient Egypt, by some reports, the pharaohs were closely inbred. And there are instances in ancient traditional religious texts where the thing is permitted because of some major catastrophic event.

However, this point about modern society looking backward and sifting through treasure-troves of theoretical or potential 'self-incriminations' is valid enough a point to consider. Modern society is running the way of all decaying political and social orders - that is, it is becoming puffed up with its own imperatum, I suppose. I think there is a general tendency now for governments and lawyers and the judiciary to 'make up' - as in 'invent' - law.

But the thing to bear in mind, if you are a student of the history of Mankind, is that even though fairly totalitarian or stark-minded or bleak-spirited leaderships occur, it is by no means true that they have a lock on technology, or technical advances in weapons and mechinisms of physical power, even though they both believe that they must do, and they fervently wish that they will have.

Personally, I see ineluctable signs that such powers as 'law' and 'government' and administrative and bureaucratic structures and systems built on the post-French Revolution/post-modern World War narrative of moral secular authority has already developed critical and terminal flaws.

It is now very commond practice to critique organised religion and theological belief systems and propound 'science' and humanist atheism as a way to counteract monolithic politics - but it fact, these latter two are just as much monolithic sacred cows that have missed and lost the plot.

The 'plot' as it were, is to do with the power of the intelligent individual agent and what he or she is able to do versus the surface power of the state or its establishment layers.

Dinosaurs never see the water levels lowering in the swamp.

And I shall not be the one alerting the nationstate to its own potential for demise, but the fears I personally hold about hearing the footfalls of jackbooted thugs coming up the path to arrest me for writing stories about incest are exactly none.

In life, it's not what you know and are sure of that will get you killed, it's what you are sure you know, and which is in fact false, and what you have absolutely no inkling of at all, that will wake you up at night and bite your ass.

Technology, is at least fifty years AHEAD of where you think it is, and power no longer resides in the hands of government or the police or 'laws.'

I think you will discover that the coming few short years ahead, will be very different from what you assume that they might be.

A simple nanotube, of a particular kind, purchased from a back alley vendor in Hong Kong, can kill a cop at a hundred yards without any detectable 'evidence' or warning, and an HFT program, purchased for a hundred bucks from a programmer in Bangalore, can take down a bank overnight.

Really, I would want to see a little more fight being shown by government, frankly. Because frankly, it's already game over and the turkey already has his head cut off. It just doesn't know it yet. It's head is just lying on the ground making all that noise and giving everyone the sounds of being still alive.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
Desiremakesmeweak
Really Really Experienced
 
Desiremakesmeweak is offline
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mostly Australia
Posts: 437
I am aware of at least two laboratories somewhere in Europe(-ish) who produced a nanotube projectile device manufactured by using a digital printer, which could be targeted at a person's head or face and cause Bell's Palsy. And it has already been successfully deployed. Against a politician... Or several, around the world.

We are already living, in, not the age you thought! And it's probably going to get a lot messier than you know.

Don't worry about what the government is going to do to you - just sit back and watch what the titans are already doing to themselves. There is stuff going down that never gets talked about in the papers or on Fox. It's all happening. It's historic. Just watch.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironiclaconic View Post
The war against child porn is rooted in eliminating the demand for material that horrifically exploits kids. I don't see any related damage caused by incest porn so long as it doesn't include children. Might mores change and currently edgy material starts coming under fire? I doubt it. With the very specific and justifiable exception of child porn, the overwhelming trend has been toward greater tolerance for previously prohibited topics. Ulysses, Lady Chatterly, Lolita, and Tropic of Cancer all had obscenity fights in the middle of the last century, despite being very tame by the standards of books that are currently dominating the best seller lists.
Yes. I hope you're right. I suspect that where there is no duress you are.

The strange thing I found was that while the people you cite were in the courts Chaucer was being taught in schools. Of course the tales studied were selected but we were encouraged to read them all. Even then there was no consistency. Chaucer's book in the school library was well thumbed in some parts and pristine in others.

I suspect that the biggest defense incest writers have is that there are so many of them.

I guess that one of the things about incest stories that irks me is that in many the plots are gratuitous, in that they could apply to other relationships and frequently to people who have no relationship at all. Then there is the gush about how happy everyone is. Do you think people in such relationships would all be happy? That is why I started to question it.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #16
DeeZire
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
First, this is not even close to being like guns. ...
I used gun-rights activists to illustrate the fact that their paranoia is based on a false assumption, and that paranoia in general can be attributed to a particular personality type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
Do you think it's possible that web sites such as Literotica could be used to collect evidence or that it could be the sole source of evidence that could lead to prosecution? This is what I'm thinking. Has it already happened?
This is paranoia based on a false assumption.

Are you approaching this topic as purely an intellectual exercise, or are you genuinely worried? If it's the latter, you need to find something else to worry about. If it's the former, social dynamics are trending in the opposite direction, at least in the USA. Acceptance of gays is polling higher and higher. Sex in the media is not as taboo as it used to be, although it'll take another generation before we catch up with the UK. (Boobs on TV? The horror!) The censorship generation is dying out. Their successors are more open-minded. In this context, incarcerating incest authors seems pretty farfetched to me.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiremakesmeweak View Post
I wonder if these two things can really be equated at all?

By 'paedophilia' people mean sexual abuse of a minor. They don't mean 'LOVERS of young children!' Certainly not in the sense of actual LOVE as is commonly understood. Paedophilia - the crime - is a very one-sided thing in which one side that is physically stronger, takes advantage of the weaker and less resourceful party. It is a natural moral crime as much as it may be a crime by statute.

'Incest' is much more of a spectrum thing, with a moving cultural and social set of taboos or limitations. It is much more difficult to create some sort of absolutist 'crime' written into law here because of the varying definitions that different cultures have placed on it. In some places around the world sex between second cousins is taboo, in some other places it is not. In ancient Egypt, by some reports, the pharaohs were closely inbred. And there are instances in ancient traditional religious texts where the thing is permitted because of some major catastrophic event.

However, this point about modern society looking backward and sifting through treasure-troves of theoretical or potential 'self-incriminations' is valid enough a point to consider. Modern society is running the way of all decaying political and social orders - that is, it is becoming puffed up with its own imperatum, I suppose. I think there is a general tendency now for governments and lawyers and the judiciary to 'make up' - as in 'invent' - law.

But the thing to bear in mind, if you are a student of the history of Mankind, is that even though fairly totalitarian or stark-minded or bleak-spirited leaderships occur, it is by no means true that they have a lock on technology, or technical advances in weapons and mechinisms of physical power, even though they both believe that they must do, and they fervently wish that they will have.

Personally, I see ineluctable signs that such powers as 'law' and 'government' and administrative and bureaucratic structures and systems built on the post-French Revolution/post-modern World War narrative of moral secular authority has already developed critical and terminal flaws.

It is now very commond practice to critique organised religion and theological belief systems and propound 'science' and humanist atheism as a way to counteract monolithic politics - but it fact, these latter two are just as much monolithic sacred cows that have missed and lost the plot.

The 'plot' as it were, is to do with the power of the intelligent individual agent and what he or she is able to do versus the surface power of the state or its establishment layers.

Dinosaurs never see the water levels lowering in the swamp.

And I shall not be the one alerting the nationstate to its own potential for demise, but the fears I personally hold about hearing the footfalls of jackbooted thugs coming up the path to arrest me for writing stories about incest are exactly none.

In life, it's not what you know and are sure of that will get you killed, it's what you are sure you know, and which is in fact false, and what you have absolutely no inkling of at all, that will wake you up at night and bite your ass.

Technology, is at least fifty years AHEAD of where you think it is, and power no longer resides in the hands of government or the police or 'laws.'

I think you will discover that the coming few short years ahead, will be very different from what you assume that they might be.

A simple nanotube, of a particular kind, purchased from a back alley vendor in Hong Kong, can kill a cop at a hundred yards without any detectable 'evidence' or warning, and an HFT program, purchased for a hundred bucks from a programmer in Bangalore, can take down a bank overnight.

Really, I would want to see a little more fight being shown by government, frankly. Because frankly, it's already game over and the turkey already has his head cut off. It just doesn't know it yet. It's head is just lying on the ground making all that noise and giving everyone the sounds of being still alive.
Heavens! I don't know what to say. Thank you. I guess it all boils down to trust and in this world that is a very confusing thing.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #18
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeZire View Post
I used gun-rights activists to illustrate the fact that their paranoia is based on a false assumption, and that paranoia in general can be attributed to a particular personality type.



This is paranoia based on a false assumption.

Are you approaching this topic as purely an intellectual exercise, or are you genuinely worried? If it's the latter, you need to find something else to worry about. If it's the former, social dynamics are trending in the opposite direction, at least in the USA. Acceptance of gays is polling higher and higher. Sex in the media is not as taboo as it used to be, although it'll take another generation before we catch up with the UK. (Boobs on TV? The horror!) The censorship generation is dying out. Their successors are more open-minded. In this context, incarcerating incest authors seems pretty farfetched to me.
Thank you for the clarity- I was a little worried before. I only hope you're right
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #19
hoo_hoo_boo
Really Really Experienced
 
hoo_hoo_boo is offline
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeZire View Post
I used gun-rights activists to illustrate the fact that their paranoia is based on a false assumption, and that paranoia in general can be attributed to a particular personality type.



This is paranoia based on a false assumption.

Are you approaching this topic as purely an intellectual exercise, or are you genuinely worried? If it's the latter, you need to find something else to worry about. If it's the former, social dynamics are trending in the opposite direction, at least in the USA. Acceptance of gays is polling higher and higher. Sex in the media is not as taboo as it used to be, although it'll take another generation before we catch up with the UK. (Boobs on TV? The horror!) The censorship generation is dying out. Their successors are more open-minded. In this context, incarcerating incest authors seems pretty farfetched to me.
Sorry- I forgot to answer your question. I am worried on both accounts. Perhaps I do need to get a life. In my life there have been so many changes and while there is a lot more freedom on one hand there is also an increasingly savage rejection of other things. For example, drink driving- it was once cool for a person to say they didn't remember getting home. Occupational health and safety is now a very serious issue. Gone are the days that a miner was equipped with a "widow maker". A lot of things that have changed so much I'm not even aware of. But they have. I had the thought that in the spirit of one hand giving and another taking away......... that's how things often seem to be. I don't think censorship is dying out- it has shifted its focus though.

Thank you
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 31,832
I can't isolate why you need to be worried about this, HHB. If you are worried about where trouble writing and posting incest stories is headed, you just don't do it, right?

As several have noted, it's written and published in the mainstream--as is pedophila, incidentally--so a whole lot is going to have to change (in both fields) for writers of it to find themselves behind bars.

If truth be known, the problem erotica sites have in posting it is the practitioner readers of it, not the writers of it. Along with readers capable of separating fiction from fact--or call to action--posting files of it attract practitioners, or would-be practitioners, of the illegal aspects of it. Watchdogs are fully capable of tracing sources of those reading it on the Internet when they are so inclined to do so and willing to put the effort into it. Web sites are wary of attracting this sort of scrutiny.

So, if you must worry, worry about whether you are hooked on reading it on the Internet--and then what you are actually doing in your life, not so much on whether you are writing it. (Although watchdogs may be giving you a closer look see as well if you are writing illegal aspects of it, of course.)
__________________
"I don;t spend time checking on what other people are doing, I just worry about my own shit." -- Lovecraft68

"although I may come across here as somewhat abrasive at times I respect people's efforts and take feelings into consideration." -- Lovecraft68

Last edited by sr71plt : 02-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #21
Saxon_Hart
WWJD for a Klondike Bar?
 
Saxon_Hart's Avatar
 
Saxon_Hart is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Deep in the hart of Texas
Posts: 3,695
True story here.....Last year I broke off a lengthy relationship with a psychotic *&^&&&....Any way, she left semi-peacefully but stole my computer on hr way out. All of my stories, both published and un-published were on an auxiliary drive. After months of phone calls, complaints to the cops, and e-mails I gave up and decided I wasn't seeing it again.
Six months later I get a call from a detective. He worked for the pedo squad. I was informed that this bitch had given them the aux drive telling them that I had child porn on it. The FBI scoured the drive as did the local police. No illegal material was found. Even though the guy found the content of the incest tales not to his liking, there was nothing illegal about them as they are creative works.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 22,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
I remember, not so long ago, when no one had heard the word paedophile.

Now every one has and laws have been made retrospective to catch and punish perpetrators. People who did it 50 years ago are being hauled before the courts. People who proselytised are also being hunted.

In view of the expense of incest, nursing homes with a surprisingly large occupancy of people with inadequate genetics as a result of incest, it isn't difficult to imagine that it will be the next concentration of the law and of social abhorrence.

It seems strange to me that incest is such a popular topic. People even expect to win competitions with stories based on incest. It could be that one day there will be a prize most unexpected, a knock on the door and being dragged off to jail as happens now with pedophiles.

I suspect it would be easy to troll through the archives of sites such as this to discover those who have fallen into disfavour.

I wonder whether it has occurred to others that this is a possible scenario?
When you say "retrospective" I presume you mean "retroactive." In the US, the Constitution forbids ex-post facto laws. Sometimes arrests are made for events from many years ago, but they are for things done which were illegal at the time.

The incest we write about here is quite mild, always involving people over 18 and almost always being consensual. If we wrote any other way, the stories very likely would not have been posted.

The word "pedophilia" by whatever spelling wasn't much used when I was a child, but sometimes men were accused of liking little girls or lttle boys, and this meant the same thing.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #23
lovecraft68
Not one of the cool kids
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 17,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo_hoo_boo View Post
I remember, not so long ago, when no one had heard the word paedophile.

Now every one has and laws have been made retrospective to catch and punish perpetrators. People who did it 50 years ago are being hauled before the courts. People who proselytised are also being hunted.

In view of the expense of incest, nursing homes with a surprisingly large occupancy of people with inadequate genetics as a result of incest, it isn't difficult to imagine that it will be the next concentration of the law and of social abhorrence.

It seems strange to me that incest is such a popular topic. People even expect to win competitions with stories based on incest. It could be that one day there will be a prize most unexpected, a knock on the door and being dragged off to jail as happens now with pedophiles.

I suspect it would be easy to troll through the archives of sites such as this to discover those who have fallen into disfavour.

I wonder whether it has occurred to others that this is a possible scenario?

First off, because of lits 18+ rule the stories here are not pedophilia. And pedo's are usually older adults preying on very young children.

So get your sins straight before you get your pointy finger in an uproar.

In real life, yes incest would be abhorrent, but the stories here are so fantasy based as to be unrealistic. As mentioned everyone in the stories on this site at least are of age.

Everyone is always attractive, always hot and always willing and a great time had by all.

And the reason it is so big here is because it is the most taboo fantasy and one that 99 percent of readers truly only fantasize about.

Think about it. If you look at any other kink, it can easily be experienced. Group/bdsm/ homosexual encounters, fetishes of all kinds can be legally experienced.

Rape is also a crime and big fantasy and yes can be experienced if someone wants to go to jail, but even rape is more common than incest.

The people reading these stories are getting off to a fantasy, they are not going to read these stories and go seduce their sister or mother or father.

And as to you claim of what happens when the cops knock on my door because I am writing about the "crime of incest"

Well its going to take them a long time to get to me after they get to all the people writing about the crime of murder, rape, child abuse, kidnapping. torture and dismemberment and everything else everyone writes about in FICTION.
__________________
The first Literotica tag team competition is underway! Check them out, vote comment and PM me your guesses!

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


The Best 3 minutes of news I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdmtJCEWPA
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
lovecraft68
Not one of the cool kids
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 17,034
Another point and one I've made before is in reality the "crime" of incest rarely exists.

If a child is being molested by a family member, and its usually the father with the daughter or son. Several charges are levied.

Child abuse, sexual assault, molestation, statutory rape etc... incest is never brought out as a charge.

Also pedophilia is a condition and I'm not sure it is an actual "crime" as in a charge of pedophilia. I believe the above charges are what's levied.

And of course just so you know that pedophilia is encouraged by two organizations here in this country

The Catholic Church who condones it by burying it and not punishing the priests and its okay in college football because in the most disgusting corrupt sport that will ever exist apparently anything goes.
__________________
The first Literotica tag team competition is underway! Check them out, vote comment and PM me your guesses!

http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...ge=submissions


The Best 3 minutes of news I have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDdmtJCEWPA
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
Boxlicker101
Licker of Boxes
 
Boxlicker101's Avatar
 
Boxlicker101 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: With my face buried in her pussy
Posts: 22,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecraft68 View Post
Another point and one I've made before is in reality the "crime" of incest rarely exists.

If a child is being molested by a family member, and its usually the father with the daughter or son. Several charges are levied.

Child abuse, sexual assault, molestation, statutory rape etc... incest is never brought out as a charge.

Also pedophilia is a condition and I'm not sure it is an actual "crime" as in a charge of pedophilia. I believe the above charges are what's levied.

And of course just so you know that pedophilia is encouraged by two organizations here in this country

The Catholic Church who condones it by burying it and not punishing the priests and its okay in college football because in the most disgusting corrupt sport that will ever exist apparently anything goes.
You might have included it's also supported by NAMBLA.
__________________
100% smut or stroke, and proud of it.

The Rest of My Smut

Dirty old man.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.