Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Story Feedback

Reply
 
Thread Tools

Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 AM   #1
heyybaby
Virgin
 
heyybaby is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
my friends great story was taken down

hello a friend of mine has been writing a really excellent story but it got removed recently. he explained to me that it was because part one mentioned they were freshmen in high school. but the story also explains to you that the age of the characters are 18 and over. rejecting the fact that almost everything on this site is fantasy anyway and theres no possible way a community of people would have older students in high school in a fantasy story, couldnt just part one have been removed so it can be edited to say that maybe they are freshmen in college instead of high school? he put so much into this story and its so good and popular and he just completely lost the will to write anymore when it got taken down. not only does the disclaimer in the begining tell you the characters are 18 and over but the story says it also!! it seems so excessive that all 10 parts would have to be taken down! sorry for complaining im just trying to help my friend and maybe get this excellent story back up i really really love it and so do alot of others... it is a really niche type of story but i hope you understand... sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.

-a huge fan of Bottom_All_The_Way and his story Brad The Bully Seduces My Mom
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 04:12 AM   #2
barefootgirl69
Wild Little Cupcake
 
barefootgirl69's Avatar
 
barefootgirl69 is offline
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a castle
Posts: 26,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyybaby View Post
hello a friend of mine has been writing a really excellent story but it got removed recently. he explained to me that it was because part one mentioned they were freshmen in high school. but the story also explains to you that the age of the characters are 18 and over. rejecting the fact that almost everything on this site is fantasy anyway and theres no possible way a community of people would have older students in high school in a fantasy story, couldnt just part one have been removed so it can be edited to say that maybe they are freshmen in college instead of high school? he put so much into this story and its so good and popular and he just completely lost the will to write anymore when it got taken down. not only does the disclaimer in the begining tell you the characters are 18 and over but the story says it also!! it seems so excessive that all 10 parts would have to be taken down! sorry for complaining im just trying to help my friend and maybe get this excellent story back up i really really love it and so do alot of others... it is a really niche type of story but i hope you understand... sorry for the long post and thanks for reading.

-a huge fan of Bottom_All_The_Way and his story Brad The Bully Seduces My Mom
Certainly could have been better if he had written it as college freshman. It would have been avoided. Was he given any other reason for it being taken down?
__________________
Proud Playgrounder #369 - The ocean is just a puddle....
BFG's Hideout

And though she be but little, she is fierce ~ Shakespeare


Some of My Favorite Threads:
Daddy's Little Girl * Men in Kilts * I Love a Hairy Chest



  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 04:25 AM   #3
heyybaby
Virgin
 
heyybaby is offline
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootgirl69 View Post
Certainly could have been better if he had written it as college freshman. It would have been avoided. Was he given any other reason for it being taken down?
no he just said that he was told that part one said they were freshmen in high school and that would have to make them at around 14-15 years old...
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 05:18 AM   #4
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyybaby View Post
couldnt just part one have been removed so it can be edited to say that maybe they are freshmen in college instead of high school? he put so much into this story and its so good and popular and he just completely lost the will to write anymore when it got taken down
It is up to the author to edit, nobody else.

It's also up to the author to adhere without any doubt to the NO UNDER EIGHTEEN rule on Literotica.

Stop writing about teenagers in high school is the only sure solution to this. Issuing disclaimers "every character is older than eighteen" when the context suggest otherwise is bullshit, to be honest. Perhaps the author needs to wait a few years, and then start writing about adults.

Let teenagers be teenagers, leave them alone to their own world of wonder. We've all been there, experienced that. It's wonderful, but not here on Lit. Write about maturity, not innocence.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 47,273
Yes, the Web site could be more author-supportive in communications about such things as story take downs, but who does your "friend" think he's fooling by invoking a high school freshman in sexual activity? Just saying the character is eighteen is both cynical and an obvious false circumvention. If you have an eighteen-year-old high school freshman, you jolly well should be providing a story line-relevant reason within the context of the story.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #6
barefootgirl69
Wild Little Cupcake
 
barefootgirl69's Avatar
 
barefootgirl69 is offline
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a castle
Posts: 26,474
Looks like we all agree... woo hoo!!!
__________________
Proud Playgrounder #369 - The ocean is just a puddle....
BFG's Hideout

And though she be but little, she is fierce ~ Shakespeare


Some of My Favorite Threads:
Daddy's Little Girl * Men in Kilts * I Love a Hairy Chest



  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 47,273
Incidentally, I have a published book that does use this scenario--a character over eighteen but much earlier in school placement--and, yes, active sexually. But the whole hook of the book is why that it so and it's fully explained in the context of the work. It isn't a "wink, wink" cynical circumnavigation of the underage issue.
__________________
______________________
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
EquinoxRising
Story Ideas Mod
 
EquinoxRising's Avatar
 
EquinoxRising is offline
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lost in the Iowa wind farms
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyybaby View Post
my friends great story was taken down


-a huge fan of Bottom_All_The_Way
Why didn't the author come voice his concern?
__________________
"No kind of sensation is keener and more active than that of pain; its impressions are unmistakable. " ~Donatien Alphonse François
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 06:59 PM   #9
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
It isn't a "wink, wink" cynical circumnavigation of the underage issue.
Oh really? Judge for yourselves, folks:


http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...postcount=2111

"But this one, the small, lithe guy, not more than five foot five, Hardesty estimated, with the blond Mohawk and the fluttering eyelashes, was dancing the pole to the slow music in a shyer, more introspective way...."

"He wasn’t heavily muscled, but there wasn’t any fat on him either. His stomach was flat and his hips thin, but his buttocks flared out into perfect bubbles.

"The face was boyish too, almost pretty. His eyes were hazel or blue, Hardesty couldn’t really tell which in this light. But he didn’t care that much about the eyes—more that he looked young, too young, and that he was dancing within himself. Very sexy, but as if he was too innocent to be in here. Too vulnerable."
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 07:44 PM   #10
sr71plt
Literotica Guru
 
sr71plt's Avatar
 
sr71plt is offline
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mid-Atlantic, USA
Posts: 47,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Oh really? Judge for yourselves, folks:


http://forum.literotica.com/showpost...postcount=2111

"But this one, the small, lithe guy, not more than five foot five, Hardesty estimated, with the blond Mohawk and the fluttering eyelashes, was dancing the pole to the slow music in a shyer, more introspective way...."

"He wasn’t heavily muscled, but there wasn’t any fat on him either. His stomach was flat and his hips thin, but his buttocks flared out into perfect bubbles.

"The face was boyish too, almost pretty. His eyes were hazel or blue, Hardesty couldn’t really tell which in this light. But he didn’t care that much about the eyes—more that he looked young, too young, and that he was dancing within himself. Very sexy, but as if he was too innocent to be in here. Too vulnerable."
Did I ever post that I didn't write young-looking/small submissive characters? I don't do it with age, though (find one that I have--I have one that has sex on his eighteenth birthday, though). And that's the fetish I'm after (in some of my wide-ranging stories)--smaller/larger--not underage. The difference is that I'm not circumventing anything. I adhere strictly to the "no sex acts before age 18." I'm not being hypocritical. 924 stories here and not a single word rewritten for underage. What I go after here are the hypocrites who stand on their head to circumvent the policy.

Now, shall I go through your file (how long would that take?--ah, golden showers. How very erotic) and post excerpts of your work on the forum? Would it be OK if I did an editorial review at the same time? Can I backbite while I do it? I'll even let you choose. Which of your stories would you like me to bring to the forum and critique?
__________________
______________________

Last edited by sr71plt : 02-08-2017 at 07:51 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #11
electricblue66
Literotica Guru
 
electricblue66 is offline
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Oz
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71plt View Post
Now, shall I go through your file (how long would that take?--ah, golden showers. How very erotic) and post excerpts of your work on the forum? Would it be OK if I did an editorial review at the same time? Can I backbite while I do it? I'll even let you choose. Which of your stories would you like me to bring to the forum and critique?
Pilot, you push the hypocrisy button just a little too much on this. Yes, I know you disclaim the eighteen year borderline scrupulously, but the description quoted above does reasonably suggest a different reading, to me at least (but obviously, that's a reflection on me, not you the author who wrote the words). I wonder what the age/weight/height percentile is for a boy 5'5" and with the physical build you describe? I've not checked, but I'm guessing, not eighteen.

Normally, when it comes to responding to anything, I think, "no, don't submit that, best not" but this time, your jump onto the soap box was just a little too much for credence.

I have not offered any editorial commentary on your work, you were the one who posted the extract in the thread promoting new work, as you constantly do and is your right to do.

I am merely pointing out what I think is double talk. Perhaps in this era of Alt-truth, I am more attuned to bullshit when I see it. So I called it, as is my right on this forum, just as you call your opinions regularly, predictably, and incessantly (46,758 and counting vs 660). Gee, who constantly posts "look at me!"?

And yet again, you set yourself up as the king of all erotica with your 900 and whatever published stories, by disparaging another writer's material. What, with your expert command of every kink, you're actually telling me you have never written of golden showers? Cheap shot, Pilot, and you know it.

I make no pretence that I am anything other than an amateur writer, whereas you place yourself above us all. You might want to check the definition of "hack" before you proclaim brilliance, just saying.

But what I have written is merely opinon, mine. What, I'm not allowed to express one? You do. Why am I any different to you? If you don't like my opinion, just put me on "ignore". That solves your problem of reading an opinion that is not your own.
__________________
electricblue

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #12
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.
 
Bramblethorn's Avatar
 
Bramblethorn is offline
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In der Tiefe, in der Tiefe singen sie.
Posts: 5,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyybaby View Post
hello a friend of mine has been writing a really excellent story but it got removed recently. he explained to me that it was because part one mentioned they were freshmen in high school. but the story also explains to you that the age of the characters are 18 and over.
Adding an "everybody is 18+" note at the story might help if things were otherwise doubtful. But "high school freshman" makes it pretty clear that they're under-age regardless of what the intro might claim.

Quote:
rejecting the fact that almost everything on this site is fantasy anyway and theres no possible way a community of people would have older students in high school in a fantasy story, couldnt just part one have been removed so it can be edited to say that maybe they are freshmen in college instead of high school? he put so much into this story and its so good and popular and he just completely lost the will to write anymore when it got taken down.
My understanding is that when a story gets reported for under-age, it's usually suspended rather than deleted altogether. If that's correct, your friend should be able to make the necessary changes and submit that as an edit to the story, with a request for un-suspension. Even if it's been completely deleted from the site, he should be able to post it as a new story once it's been fixed up.
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #13
lovecraft68
Kill em all
 
lovecraft68's Avatar
 
lovecraft68 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Closer than you think.
Posts: 30,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
It is up to the author to edit, nobody else.

It's also up to the author to adhere without any doubt to the NO UNDER EIGHTEEN rule on Literotica.

Stop writing about teenagers in high school is the only sure solution to this. Issuing disclaimers "every character is older than eighteen" when the context suggest otherwise is bullshit, to be honest. Perhaps the author needs to wait a few years, and then start writing about adults.

Let teenagers be teenagers, leave them alone to their own world of wonder. We've all been there, experienced that. It's wonderful, but not here on Lit. Write about maturity, not innocence.
No, what's bullshit is saying 19 and having them in college-or just nineteen-and then having them talk act and dress like they're 13 and have the physical attributes of of underage children but THAT'S OKAY

why? because the author said they were 19

The hypocrisy of this site, its rule and you lemmings who act like this site really doesn't want underage is sickening. They want "wink wink' they are 20! 20 year old girls with budding breasts and not a hair anywhere on their body
__________________
Yes I fucking am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3QX2aMdeI0
  Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #14
CE300
Virgin
 
CE300 is offline
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 7
Here is my two cents on this subject. The author is 100% responsible for the content of their story and to make sure they follow all the rules. Not only are the rules set in place to protect the author but also Lit. I wrote a story that talked about how a group of friends went on a camping trip together and two of them had hooked up. They where right out of high school when this story took place. The story was a decent success and I had thought about writing a prequel showing their past two years of high school but I decided to scrap that idea. I would have omitted any types of sexual encounters they would have had and just focused on their story. But I still felt it was better not to write the story. Even if the author puts "Everyone is 18 or Older" does not clear the way for inappropriate flash backs. When it comes to flash backs you still have to be very cautious of what you write. And people shouldn't go jumping on sr71plt style of writing. The amount of stories they have would make anyone's head spin.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.