Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Literotica Personals

Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
yellow_rose71
Literotica Guru

I guess you have to have a very good memory if you are going to lie. Just like QuietlyLooking with the height question, I asked someone their age for a second time because I forgot it. He replied "I already told you that. Look back in my messages." I don't really care age, height, location..... just be friendly, funny, enjoyable to spent time with but please don't lie. It will come out at some point.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
1Browneyedguy
Literotica Guru

mmmmmm

"I guess you have to have a very good memory if you are going to lie."

No, not really... I find that people lie / tell a fib / an untruth all the time... It could be the price they paid, or when they bought it, etc... Maybe it's part of the economic times...

NOT necessarily in romance

In a fantasy world, I could and would be a Jedi Knight and teach others.

In real life, I am a very paitient, laid back guy. I can be silly and a little sarcastic. I've been told that I'm a very good kisser. I like most things in the City and outdoors.. I consider myself as someone who's concerned with the enviroment... and I am also involved with local animal shelters and rescue groups.

It would be nice to meet someone to chat with, flirt and exchange emails.
I would also consider myself to be a romantic. I am respectful and know how to treat a woman.I have and like a good imagination. I dislike vain. aggressive and ill mannered people. NOT into pain or humiliation.

I've written a few stories here on Literotica. 1Browneyedguy

Message me if you'd like.

Thank you, good luck in your searches and welcome to Literotica

Old 01-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #28
yellow_rose71
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Browneyedguy View Post
"I guess you have to have a very good memory if you are going to lie."

No, not really... I find that people lie / tell a fib / an untruth all the time... It could be the price they paid, or when they bought it, etc... Maybe it's part of the economic times...

NOT necessarily in romance

I agree with you. I will admit to doing the same. Sometimes to make a story funnier, maybe to spare someone's feelings.... yes, the little white lies. I meant on a site like this where your words are in black and white forever. The person who was 45 yo in 2012 but 43 yo this year.

In terms of full disclosure.... I will admit I'm normally a yellow rose but as soon as spring gets here, I may become a Snowdrop.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:59 AM   #29
about_average
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbeth7 View Post
But I still don't get why you would lie if you hope to eventually meet the person.
That's what really makes no sense to me. On the other hand I see no point in lying even on this forum where I have no expectation of ever meeting anyone. Ok, I did lie about being fat in my post above. I'm merely overweight.
Though definitely not bald........................................yet

Oh, I also lied about my birthday month/day, so my age sometimes shows a year older, depending on the month.

Last edited by about_average : 01-24-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #30
lizbeth7
Experienced

Definitely a difference in fudging small details on a forum to protect your identity versus flat out lying in a chat with someone you hope to meet. I would wager lots of people on here aren't truthful in details to keep from being recognized.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #31
jmarx20102012
Literotica Guru

I agree with Lizbeth7. You gotta guard you identity to an extent.

Also, I watched Catfish the movie and do not trust the filmmakers. I really believe they knew the girl was not who she said she was.

And that Tallhotblonde documentary is worth watching.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #32
pepstreebeck
Really Experienced

Had to see what the cat fishing was all about...

I agree, gotta hide some details, not too many, but just enough in case you cross someone you may know...

Old 01-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
about_average
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbeth7 View Post
Definitely a difference in fudging small details on a forum to protect your identity versus flat out lying in a chat with someone you hope to meet. I would wager lots of people on here aren't truthful in details to keep from being recognized.
Yeah. But I'm pretty sure no one but my wife will recognize my ass and know who I am. LOL

Old 01-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #34
yellow_rose71
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by about_average View Post
Yeah. But I'm pretty sure no one but my wife will recognize my ass and know who I am. LOL
(nice ass..... just saying!)

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
about_average
Literotica Guru

Thank you I'll tell my wife you said so, she's the one who took the photo.
Unfortunately, it's my best feature. LOL

Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #36
jhuson
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlylooking View Post
A long time ago in a far away land, I met a guy online, and we seemed to click. We arranged to meet for dinner at a local restaurant. The night before he met, he asked me "how tall did I say I was?".
Not sure why I went through with the date, but it lasted about 30 minutes, and that was about 29 minutes too long. Honestly, his height wasn't an issue; his gross exaggeration of it, however, was.
Was he, by chance, a little person?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #37
SecretRogue
Really Experienced

I have mixed feelings about the show. In some ways, it's ridiculous and hilarious and people need to be get it together. I feel like there comes a point in a relationship, if you consider it to be a serious one, where you have to see each other. Not just pictures. It's more than a little ridiculous to "date" a picture for 10 years.

At the same time, I'm worried that people will take this show the wrong way and use it to claim that all online relationships are fake and useless. I met my last boyfriend online and he was wonderful. We were both honest, talked frequently, and eventually met in person. There's already a certain amount of disdain for the online community. My dad doesn't even think you can have real friendships online. This show would only dim his opinion of such things. It's like how everyone references the Craigslist Killer. Now it'll be that and Catfish.

I do try to point out that the people who are online are also in real life. They don't lie or, if they're "special", kill people because they're online. They lie because they would do so anyway.